Countdown poll to ESF

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
im lucky to have my broadband in a way, i moved to it after freeserve decided to one month charge me for both a monthly fee AND a by the minuit fee, even though i couldnt get it to work half the time, AND they blamed it all on me... so after that i told em to stuff there service and ran straight to the nearest ntl stand and never looked back...

After the horrors that await me 2day in "the real world" (dont ask) im just gonna try to sit back and enjoy the peace before the esf carnage... gotta get as much time playing it as possible, cos im off on holiday next week... :(

Best answers
Well, i probably format my computer...again(in off-topic is the reason), it will took this day, then tomorrow is already 7may only 5h school then i go out with my friends(maybe) and then i just wait the whole may8 until it comes. I dont know how long it will take to download it...well i have Welho 2mb broadband...this week is the most longest week i ever had, this waiting....no good game to play arrgghhh.

Best answers
im going to stare at the screen .... and not eat or sleep (drinking included ^_^) ..... im just gonna count the seconds to the time its released ... to show these people how much i love them and their mod ... :( ... got bless me ... -_-

Eon

TeeHee
Banned
Best answers
I'll try to make the release party, I'm in quite a predicament..

my friend's parents are leaving for the weekend..that's a hell of an opportunity ^_^

Hopefully something will get worked out.
>_>
<_<

Best answers
Well, I'm in the middle of my Study Leave from school, so I should be doing some studying over the weekend for my Exams...

Then again, Saturday is my day off... :p

If the release party is at a reasonable time, you'll see me there! I like to believe they'll choose a reasonable time anyway, but in the past it's not always been that good for me...

Best answers
Saturday I have a party to go to...Sunday I have a clan match, Saturday party wont end till late morning so...thats sleep...

And somewhere in the middle of this I have to work out when Im getting ESF o_O HOPEFULLY I should be there for the release party :eek:

Best answers
i THINK that i got good news for all the 56k users...
i will buy a reseller accound in the next sunday (9th may) and that accound will have 20 GB hdd and 600 GB traffic for just 30$ a month :D and i MIGHT upload the esf beta 1.2 there in files of 5 MB (i think that will be about 45 files...for the full installer and i don`t know it for the lite installer.. (i don`t know the size of it))

but again.. if it will use up to much bandwidth (more than 600 GB) than i`m forced to shut the downloads down becourse i`m not gonna pay 1000$ bills for the bandwidth :)

AND... it`s just an idea.. i might do it but it`s possible that i don`t do it.. the time will tell.

Og'

Best answers
If I were you, i'd get steam, especially you 56kers... they said v1.2 isn't garunteed to work with won... I dled steam yesterday, took me an hour adna half on cable, WITH a surbscribed fileplanet ID, not mine, but ya. Hopefully they put esf on fileplanet... or maybe bit torrent... would help ya 56kers... but would kill people on cable and such since there would be alot of leachers.. taking like 40 kbs and giving 1.... lalalala

Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Warning to hobomaster for swear filter evasion. Swearing's bad but using racial/sexual/etc names to make fun of something's my pet peeve, so snake gets off easy time. Don't do it again, snake.

Coder - Harsens sidekick
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
To elborate the "WON" issues, and just other issues in general...
1) ESF does not officially support resolutions under 640x480 ( Steam wont go below 640x480 ). The melee hud will probably look really messed up.
2) Software mode is not supported. If you attack a player in melee, your player will become invisible. It still deals all the damage/whatever, but it's going to look odd when the other player is dodging without anything attacking him. I'll see if I can come up with a fix for this, but for the time being I dont have the patience to bother.
3) Did I mention that WON is NOT supported? All testing is done on steam, so like if the splash background is from 1.1, the game doesnt work right, or whatever, we don't care ^_^

I recommend
a) Everyone get steam. Once you get use to it, it's MUCH better then won.
b) Use OpenGL or Direct3D. The majority of people who run software can run OpenGL/Direct3D, but lack the knowledge to do so -_-

Best answers
I think where most people go wrong with installing Steam is that they don't run Half Life once when it's done. If you're going to play ESF, Natural Selection, Science and Industry or whatever other third party games on Steam, make sure you play Half Life once before you install the mod!

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
USSJ5 Goku said:
I'm goin to spend the whole weekend on 1.2 and every other weekends.
And you'll be spending that first weekend in highly intensive training with yours truely =P

★ Black Lounger ★
🌟 Senior Member
Best answers
Mystic Snidely said:
I think where most people go wrong with installing Steam is that they don't run Half Life once when it's done. If you're going to play ESF, Natural Selection, Science and Industry or whatever other third party games on Steam, make sure you play Half Life once before you install the mod!

well i got an original HL ...when i register to steam it says "already in use" im really getting sick of this how can i fix it?
reinstall?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
ChesterHQ said:
well i got an original HL ...when i register to steam it says "already in use" im really getting sick of this how can i fix it?
reinstall?
I got the same problem. I believe you have to email steam. You can find more info out at the steam site

Best answers
King_Nak said:
yea i hate it so much. Wish we didnt have a farm, then i would beable to have a diffrent job and pay for my own dsl. Cant wait untill the day when he lets lose and finally says yes!! that will be a new holiday for me :p
suxs for all of u i got cable modem and my downstairs comp has t3 connectionfeel bad for u guys

Super Moderator
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
[TMC]WheresWald said:
suxs for all of u i got cable modem and my downstairs comp has t3 connectionfeel bad for u guys
Let me guess, it's right next to your Acura RSX <i>Type R</i>.

2 days from here, and let me just say, this version will blow your socks off.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
well me. i CAN wait for 1.2 i just dont want to. i fear my computer will have problems with it. i also fear that i wont be as good in 1.2 than i was in 1.1. I mean there are people better than me in 1.1 but i was up there. and i dont wanna be one of those people who suck and cant get better at a game they really like.

Best answers
Mystic Snidely said:
What does this do?

anyways i can't wait baby

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom