Controlled/Uncontrolled Ki Atacks

Best answers
...hi...well...i had this idea a few days ago...idkn if someone already had this idea but...anyway...
(this is only for specials atacks...not for kiblast,blue atack,purple or yellow...)

its kinda simple...when u charge some special ki atack(Goku=Kamehameha) while u charge the atack u will be able to choose betwen the controlled(you control the direction,speed ''normal'')and the uncontrolled(which will go straight, and the char cant move until he right click and blow it or wait hit something,speed around 2x-7x than normal?)...kinda like Piccolos Beam Cannon but he need hold still,hmm...a little better explain...

While u charge...

CHARGE BAR:
Type1[----I------------------------|____________]
Type2[----I------------------------|@

I=Minimum Bar to launch(already in-game)
-----=Controled Zone
|=At this point u full charge ur atack...then press some key to activate the uncontrolled mode or something like that...a short charge bar will appear and start fill up,OR just appear some little icon next to the charge bar indicating that your atack will be uncontrolled,then your atack will be uncontrolled.
____=Uncontrolled Zone(Speed 2x-7x times than normal?)
@=Icon Indicating it will be Uncontrolled

well...thats it...hope it be usefull....=)

..btw...the uncontrolled beam looks...2x-4x larger than the normal(controlled)...kinda like this...

Normal :
[_____________________ )
[_____________________ )

Uncontrolled :
[_____________________ )
[_____________________ )
[_____________________ )
[_____________________ )

well u get the idea...=X

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well the idea behind it is nice, it just wouldn't work.
People don't like being immobile in this game, also, it would be way to overpowered for someone who already has a higher powerlevel then everyone else.

The Brain Freezer
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I agree with prozac. But, i think that adding speed to the existent guided shots would make it better. Some times a kamehamecha takes forever to hit the guy in the other part of the map. Say like, make beams 1.5x or 2x faster than the existent? Or is 2x to much?

One question:

When you shoot a beam, and press space, right before the beam hits something it stops, and you are boosted back. Is that boost velocity the same velocity of the beam when its shooted? From what I can see, swoop speed seems to be higher. Shouldnt it be equal at least?

Best answers
hmmm...what about cut the dmg and add just speed? like...2x-7x than normal?,its goes fast enough that if you miss the beam just press the right click it and blow it or wait it hit something...well people don't like being immobile like Prozac said i know but i think that it would make the game a litte more strategic&realistic...

Best answers
hmmm...what about fuse jinx idea whit my idea? XD

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
That could perhaps work, but you figure out the details first and then we'll discuss them. :3

Best answers
hmm...i really think that adding ''straight beams''would make the game nice...since most of the atacks on DB sagas are straight...and the 2x burn ki should work whit my idea indeed...larger beam atacks but straight and faster.(like Piccolos Beam Cannon but he cant just launch and ''leave'' the power and already charge another beam cannon...he need hold still until the beam hits something or right click it to blow.)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well, at first I thought it was a nice idea too, but I think that ESF players move way too fast for it to be effective.

The only way a straight beam would be useful is if you spam it from very long range, and only if it has large splash damage, because once players see a straight beam coming at them, they'll try to get as far away from it as possible - and if they can move past the beamhead, toward the attacking player, they can easily evade it. So I think straight beams won't add a lot to gameplay.

Best answers
hmmm good point....the splash damage...i forgot about it...having a big splash damage area would make this g*y...especially if theres a ''beam spamer'' playing...hmmm since my idea is that this Uncontrolled beam adds speeds...maybe a medium splash damage area could work...since its coming fast like hell to your direction(maybe 5x -7x than normal or more?)...u try to teleport or swop(u will not have time to charge&launch a blue atack and hold space to try to scape)...then the guy right clik it and boom...may not kill but...may be effective doing some dmg...

EDIT:i saw my friends playing tenkaichi 3(which gets boring after 10-30 mins since all is basicly automatic) and i would like to know if is it possible to make on the HL engine not only the ''head of the beam''...but all the beam line do some little damage if you cross it...cause i think that would fit on the ''straight beams'' idea...just a tought...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom