Connecting through LAN

Best answers
First off, you guy have been really helpful with my ESF problems so thanks. Now, my question. I am at a private shcool that has a LAN and a decent internet speed. I am good friends with the admin of the server and he says that there isn't a firewall preventing me form playing games and I have seen some of my asain friends playing games that they said were all the way in Japan. Sownloadign of music is also possible. Even some of my budies were playing DIABLO II. Now, while they can play there other games whenever I go to the console and I type in the connect button and the ip address of a currently known working server it retrys 4 times and then stops becuase it cannot connect. My friends who can play are not using any half-life based games. WTF!!! Also, some of you guys have this little sign in your responses that I think says my IP address and what OS I am using and some last thing that I don't understand. Well, no offense, but whenever I see those things you are wrong about my IP address. Everything else is right except for the IP address. Now, the reason that I am saying this is because I remember one time beingn told that our server here has some way of hiding thje students' IP address for the computers at my school. TECH DETAILS- I have windows XP. In the LAN settings I have "Client For Microsoft networks" is turned on, "File and Printer sharing" is turned on, "Qos Packet scheduler" is on, "Network Monitor Driver" is on, "NWLink NetBIOS" is turned on, "NWLink IPX/SPX/NetBIOS Compatible Transport protocol" is turned on, and "Internet protocol (TCP/IP) is on. I need TCP/IP for my internet connection and client for microsoft networks. The others I added to see if it would let me play ESF on the net. Thanx...........

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom