Connected to server crashing problem

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I am about to join a game. I get to "Connected to server" in console. Right before the "Build #123" whatever crap, ESF crashes. This only happens with ESF, all my other modifications work fine, so I do not want to hear "Maybe your computer can't handle it". If my computer can't support ESF, I do not know how much you must drop to get a computer that works with ESF.

I have had this problem before on my old computer. It lasted a month, but I do not know how it got fixed. It just did. I am not running anything in the backround.

I have found a fix. I go into another modification and join a server. I then leave and join an ESF server. The problem with this method is my mouse gets all screwed up. It feels like my sensitivity is set to .2. I raised my sensitivity from 50 to 300 to even that out. The remaining problem is that 300 sensitivity causes random jumps with my mouse, making this fix worthless.

Does anyone know how to fix this?

Thank you,
Optional

Best answers
Hmm..I had this problem a few months ago (I think it crashed at like exactly the same time), so I posted on this forum. People replied and my problem was fixed. I'll try to find the thread...

EDIT:

Damn..I found the link to the thread, but the thread doesn't seem to exist anymore...anway, gr00vy was the one who solved my problem, so he can probably fix your problem.

This is the thread that gave me the link btw.
http://forum.esforces.com/showthread.php?t=26697

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It has something to do with my video card or renderer or something of that sort not being intialized. Anyone know of a fix?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
new mouse drivers
I had this problem with installing WinXP (just tried it) ... it didn't like my mouse and set random sensitivity every HL start .. it worked fine again with formatting and reinstalling Win2k ;)

it's really weird that your problem gets fixed if you join another server first ... I can'timagine what find one error this could be ... maybe check your ESF-shortcut parametres

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
But my sensitivity isn't randomly changing. I am crashing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom