Competition #9: Hero's, Villains, and the idiots they are

Status
Not open for further replies.
★ Black Lounger ★
🌟 Senior Member
Best answers
TeKNiK said:
meh, I was going to do spiderman as a boy with a pet spider, but since someone's already grabbed dibs. I might go for TMNT's or Blade. I have a pretty good idea for both. Regardless, I'm in.

tek, arn't you going to finish the link you where making... :O

ott; looks like a nice comp, ill check this topic later this week :D goodluck to the people joining!

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
well okay didnt have time to draw it out yet but i think im gonna make a solid snake... hmm lol.. i have a nice idea that also is a sort of a rant towards the new MGS series

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers

Wip. Seam is on the head cause i've not welded the model yet, it's still instance mirrored.

★ Black Lounger ★
🌟 Senior Member
Best answers
wow tek looks awesome!! i like yourstyle! :D

Best answers
TeKNiK said:

Wip. Seam is on the head cause i've not welded the model yet, it's still instance mirrored.
dear god , that skining is sexy sexy :] interesting , i wonder how it wll turn in the end. And a pose is still to come right?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers

For anyone who wants to do it. I'm not gonna have enough time for it
Metal Gear Senile: Altzeimer is a rant on snake getting older in MGS4 and growing a stupid 'stache
credits to the ctrl+alt+delete comic, i traced the style a bit, and to super vegetto for the glass with teeth idea.
So yeah, whoever wants to do this can go ahead and do it.

Err ... yah... its almost 2 months beyond deadline not a single entry.. New competition maybe?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Err ... yah... its almost 2 months beyond deadline not a single entry.. New competition maybe?
what use? no competition gets finished latly at all. i would remove it.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Because the topics aren't really interesting. I mean look at the goku competition, allot of ppl entered it. Is it because the competition is cool or because they got a shot of getting in ESF?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Actually no, kamas competition was all around getting his mesh with a skin of kama or your owns ingame.

on a competition you dont win anything real, or your mesh wouldnt have a big use. Oh i forgot: "you improve by urself and set urself a contest", tsss better forget that sentence.
Also you got to finish your mesh and show it as good as possible in a few renders. As you have to show of your work at the end.

If you got freetime and dont know what 2 do, there go for it, but many people dont have that time to do something free as for nothing.

I personally think that Competitions are are only good for your portofolio as nothing else.

As for now in my personally opinion, i dont need a portofolio myself now so i wont waste my time on a copmetition especially one i dont like.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
PiXel said:
Oh i forgot: "you improve by urself and set urself a contest", tsss better forget that sentence.
Its kinda the same as Practice Makes Perfect, and that has never been more true.. ever... Besides competitions can tickle your creativity and end up in having good old fun. I guess there are a limited amount of modelers here at esf which makes it hard to get a good competition going.. Maybe we should work with small prizes. Like your mesh gets posted as a newstopic on ESF (its not like there are any important updates on it anyway)

Best answers
I agree with ShadyD. The idea of getting your work into ESF is a bit more for the "now". Whereas competing in these contests you are expanding your mind and, indirectly, building up a really good portfolio for yourself incase you are on the path to doing game design for the long haul.

If you think it's bothersome to do something you love, and have someone motivate you to do it (SA-Gohan) even if it's not for a halflife mod that will do nothing for you in the long run besides bring you good memories, I'm thinking something is wrong.

SA-Gohan, can you refresh this competition possibly?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Since there's only been like one entry, I don't see how updating is going to help out that much. If there are enough people actually interested though then I'd be more than happy to.
Also, if anyone has any kind of suggestions they think will improve this or garner more interest then I'm open to them.

Force Pit Member
Best answers
I personally LOVE low poly specs, and DS homedrew atm is really getting HUGE, maybe a new comp with LOW poly models to push some of the more expeirence modelers here would be cool :D. I know I would join.... I LOVE low specs :).

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Eclipse said:
I personally LOVE low poly specs, and DS homedrew atm is really getting HUGE, maybe a new comp with LOW poly models to push some of the more expeirence modelers here would be cool :D. I know I would join.... I LOVE low specs :).
I would wanna take part in that too D:

emphasism on realism would be nice :x

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Eclipse said:
Yep i third that
I've been thinking of doing a PSP/DS Spec set of models for a while now.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Alright then. I'll have updates up a little later on this week.

Best answers
Definitely Low Poly contest would appeal to me as well for practice and fun times. Also a topic that is very limitless for creativity i.e : not using other ideas/characters/stories from existing material. i.e : Create an ALL original..something... : D

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Rofl, Would have thought this would be over by now, I can set up some renders of the turtles soon as I get max installed on my new pc.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
yesh, we have a winner..almost...

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
maybe leave this behind us?
i mean kamas competition works better since the first time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom