Competition #9: Hero's, Villains, and the idiots they are

Status
Not open for further replies.
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Sorry for the delay guys, but here's the next comp.

Currently Editing

DESCRIPTION:

Ever been watching a hero or fighter battle it out on screen, and wonder exactly why the bad guy was still standing at the end of it all? Do you think Freeza could have kicked Goku's arse in 2 seconds flat, and would have from the beginning if he had any sense? Think Superman might have "accidentally" dropped a bus on Lex Luthor's car and spare the world some angst a couple dozen times? Or perhaps you have a hero with incredible strength, but they can't amass the mental energy to figure out how to flush a toilet?

This comp is about creating or editing an existing hero like character with the intention of "spoofing" them and bringing out that one annoying personality flaw. Freeza is arrogant, but incredibly strong, so you might have him with a big head, but tiny heavily muscled body as he points off somewhere. If you're trying for an original character like Captain Underpants, then you might might make him exceptionally strong, but he has a bear belly and goes around saving people in his John's, which of course means no one really takes him seriously.

Originality is encouraged so spend some time thinking out your ideas and concepts before submittting them, and remember that since this is supposed to be a spoof, its also supposed to be funny. If you can make the judges laugh then you're already half way to winning.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Rules and Requirements:

- Create your own hero/villain type character, or edit an existing hero/villain character for a handheld system.

- Model must be within the range of 300-1000 polygons

- Uvwmaps : 1x1024*1024 pixel texture, or 4x512*512 pixel texture, or 8x256*256 pixel texture. You can split up that first number anyway you want so long as the total doesn't exceed 1024*1024.

- Model must illustrate the personality of the character, either through a pose or through the facial expression.

- Try to come up with a reason for design choices

- Team ups are allowed

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

FINAL ENTRY:

Your final entry must contain the following:

- Concepts/Refs

- 4 Wire Shaded/Flat shaded Pics: Front, back, side, 3/4

- 4 Textured Pics: Front, back, side, 3/4

- Textures maps

- Short summary of your reasons for choosing and accentuating certain features upon your character to achieve the desire

- 1 Final rendered pose

Optional:

- Rotoscope of your concept: (Front, back, side, 3/4)

- Facial expression further depicting the personality of the character

JUDGING:

Judging will be held by a community vote.

DEADLINE: November 15th, 2006

Good luck and have fun!

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Sounds hawt, I think I will join later on, wanna work on another project first.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
personally i would prefer lowpoly or making a scene =P just for exercise though, i may will draw several concepts today, hope of getting a good drawn one, if not i wont join, if yes, ill go for that. i will aim for 4000k =)

reminds me somehow abit on the dominance war and hero villians competition on cgchat haha

Best answers
Can we make it up from out minds? I can't draw for beans.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Great idea SA_Gohan! Now I need to think this through.

Best answers
I'll think about this contest, debtable wether or not I'll enter. We shall see!

Ryeko I need to throw this in..I love your Icon and sig, Obito ftw!

Best answers
davidhalo said:
I'll think about this contest, debtable wether or not I'll enter. We shall see!

Ryeko I need to throw this in..I love your Icon and sig, Obito ftw!
Thanks mate.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Nice one SA, Hmm i think i already have a good concept in my mind... *grabs pentab*

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ryeko said:
Can we make it up from out minds? I can't draw for beans.
When that's the case, you can always ask someone for concepting help, or use an existing character as your subject :)

Best answers
hmmm sounds cool...if anyone joins maybe i'll enter don't know if i'll have time though

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ok i need help concepting. ;X

2D/3D Artist
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I think I have a nice idea for Spiderman...but...I'm not exactly sure how to execute it =P

Still thinking of a good idea to make his appearence stand out, something that will show his double life maybe?

Ideas? =O

Best answers
@SV : Wearing a baseball cop with his schools name written on it. Instead of those spidereyes maybe a big honking pair of glasses. Pocket protector =D.

2D/3D Artist
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I thought about the glasses idea too =D!
Maybe make him clumsy and nerd looking or something =o

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
a muscular nerd = spiderman

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
something like that lol?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
meh, I was going to do spiderman as a boy with a pet spider, but since someone's already grabbed dibs. I might go for TMNT's or Blade. I have a pretty good idea for both. Regardless, I'm in.

2D/3D Artist
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Wasnt thinking exactly like that Tryforce xD but cool non the less.

lol TeK I figured people might have some ideas that others have been thinking of, thats why I posted right away, but if you really want you can take the idea =) I like that kid with pet spider idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom