Community Survey

If the Development Team were to hold weekly ESF play sessions, would you participate?

• Total voters
Freelance Mappzor
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
BTW this means all released versions. Basically everything from alpha 2.0 to the last open beta XD

One selected at random and the server will run it that week.

Ofcourse youll get the download links to the installers with instructions so you can back up your 1.2.3 version XD

EDIT: Just tried to edit the poll. And the question fills up ALL the characters possible in the question. Sooo.. Dam edit your post ^^

โ˜… Black Lounger โ˜…
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah.. I tried to edit the poll myself and I noticed that as well. I'll edit my post until Sky (hopefully) edits the character limit.

NOT IN THE MANGAโ„ข
โ˜… Black Lounger โ˜…
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
I prefer VAC so its sure there aren't cheaters around. If you are VAC banned, why don't you grab a new copy? Last week was a weekend deal, and HL is quite cheap.. Even you should know that.
Easier said than done. I don't have the possibility of buying games from Steam myself.

BTW I also prefer VAC. It's just that I wont be able to participate if it's enabled.

Base belongs to me.
๐Ÿ‘‘ Administrator
๐ŸŒ  Staff
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐Ÿ’ŽLรฉgรฉรฑdฤrรฝ
Best answers
Easier said than done. I don't have the possibility of buying games from Steam myself.

BTW I also prefer VAC. It's just that I wont be able to participate if it's enabled.
Local shop? :s

The Brain Freezer
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
Idk about you, but here in Portugal there isnt 1 single hl1 on sale in store for ages. At least not that I know of...

โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
Local stores indeed do not sell HL1 anymore, for christ sake, the game is 12 years old. Even if they would still sell one, you'd have to be lucky that the CD Key still works. Better of finding a way to buy it of Steam.

โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
Discord Member
Best answers
I Would parcipate even if I'm more watcher than player (i'm noob and I didn't played for some time) but I would play only at ESF 1.2.3 or Open Beta :p

Snowm@n, you don't need buying real copy in real store. I boughted my HL copy online via steam and I payed with my credit card around 10$. After buying it I just downloaded in on my comp thanks to Steam. Once you bought it you will be able to download it on every comp anytime until you account where you bought it.

Sorry for crappy english :/

EDIT
OH **** I forgot about CD-Key thing. Well you can buy account with activated Half Life on ebay. That's how I did some time ago.

Last edited:
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
I Would parcipate even if I'm more watcher than player (i'm noob and I didn't played for some time) but I would play only at ESF 1.2.3 or Open Beta :p

Snowm@n, you don't need buying real copy in real store. I boughted my HL copy online via steam and I payed with my credit card around 10$. After buying it I just downloaded in on my comp thanks to Steam. Once you bought it you will be able to download it on every comp anytime until you account where you bought it.

Sorry for crappy english :/

EDIT
OH **** I forgot about CD-Key thing. Well you can buy account with activated Half Life on ebay. That's how I did some time ago.
I wouldn't do that, too high risk for getting scammed. Or maybe even banned from Steam.

Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
Seriously. Come beat me up. It's surprisingly easy ;P Being a good tester doesn't mean being good at ESF apparently ;P But thats why I usually play punching bag for Ren :p

โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
Best answers
May i ask when would these sessions take place? I need to buy Half Life first and i can't do that until next month(which will be there in a few days) so that i know will i be able to make it or not

โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
I think this is more or less survey to check out if there is any interest in these weekly play sessions, rather than a definite time and date when it would actually take place.

โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿ‚ Regular
Best answers
It sounds good. But what about the server locations, ofcourse, ping issues?

More information would be welcome indeed. For example, will this be a tournament mode? Like a duel mode? Or will there also be teams vs teams?

I hope it gets updated. :-/

Now with Kung-Fu action!
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm guessing it depends on what mode/rules/etc people are interested in playing.

brainfeeder
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
I'd play if it was an Alpha 2.0 session! :D

The Brain Freezer
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
Thankyou for the information, but what I said earlier was just and answer to Sky. I also bought my hl1 by steam 3 years ago, just to play ESF :smile:

On topic: I still think it's weird this random week sessions, and honestly playing previous 1.2.2 versions does not seem to be much fun, although i never played them, just saw some vids.

โ˜… Black Lounger โ˜…
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
Thankyou for the information, but what I said earlier was just and answer to Sky. I also bought my hl1 by steam 3 years ago, just to play ESF :smile:

On topic: I still think it's weird this random week sessions, and honestly playing previous 1.2.2 versions does not seem to be much fun, although i never played them, just saw some vids.
If you've never played 1.2 or any other versions before it, then I highly recommend that you participate in this. You'll have more of a chance to play the older versions with a decent amount of players (hopefully).

Freelance Mappzor
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
If you've never played 1.2 or any other versions before it, then I highly recommend that you participate in this. You'll have more of a chance to play the older versions with a decent amount of players (hopefully).
What he ment was. No use in playing 1.2, 1.2.1 or 1.2.2 since 1.2.3 is preety much EXACTLY the same only with less bugs.

The Brain Freezer
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
Actually I ment all versions previous to 1.2.2, not including 1.2.2 because that's the first version I played. So since the first version that came out in the dark ages until 1.2.1 I have zero exp. And of course i'll give it a try, i'm sure it wont hurt.

Freelance Mappzor
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
Trust me.

Not a soul knows how to play the old versions like they ussed to XD

Youll be fine XD

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom