Combined aura *possible answer*

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You know how everyone basically begs for combined auras, well while messing with a "glow" plugin I figured it out.
When both players have glowed (and gone turbo once) then swoop at each other (for advanced melee) thier glow auras almost seems to combine with each other.

Basically all the team has to have is one Semi circle model that is invisible.
Then when 2 players advanced melee each other the SC (semi-circle) model gets put around them. Have the SC model lap over a little bit with the other model. Then Set MAX ALPHA on each of them and the glow to the color of each person's aura. The alpha value will decrease as soon as the engine finds the "winner" of the advanced melee struggle. When the final hit happenes the aura dissappears and the one falls back.

When you use advanced melee (non-struggle) this could work similar. Starts out max alpha and start glow. The brighter the aura's are is the less the person has been hit and he was able to avoid the enemie's attacks.

Of course, the team could have better ideas about this instead of useing the HL glow effects. It was just something that I observed that would look pretty neat.

Best answers
I don't think the aura combined together would look good. The only problem now is, whenever you swoop and jump into adv melee, your aura will immediately be extinguished. Instead, the aura should just stay there EVEN when you are in an adv melee.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Jea the turbo has less use if it isnt implanted into advanced melee

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I don't think you guys are reading this to its full effect.
The turbo is just something to look cool. If you would see it from a distance it would be two rotating auras battling it out.

This, instead of creating a glow around teh turbo model, will create a glow around a diffrent model that is loaded only during advanced melee. When that model is loaded, the engine would set the glow on it and and it would look pretty neat. Especally if the team takes my idea a step beyond and use a diffrent shaped model.

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
i agree it would look cool ,but it could mean more lag with people that have slow computers , plus what if people recharge & turbo around the people in the fight at the same time , it would bring the frame rate down a bit , recharging + turbo at the same timje in esf on my com with an fx520 already bring my fps down from 60 to half when i do it

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom