Client DLLs

Best answers
Ok, I'm sick of this i really wanna play this game but I can't cuz of thsi dll crap i've done everything everyone has suggested and nothing has worked. I think i need a mircale...

Best answers
try uninstalling half-life then install half-life again, and then install esf again, maybe that will work...

Best answers
You know what i get the same problem i tried everything the file is there in that folder i checked a billion times and it wont locate or load it ive tried multiple mirrors of downloads same error (reads as such) could not load library and it goes down the list of folders and says its a fatal error. Sum 1 good please help!!

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Here are some steps to follow for getting ESF to work on Steam:

1. Get Steam fully up to date, you must be able to get into and play regular Half-Life.

2. Install ESF Beta 1.1 into: C:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\your_email_address\half-life\. You can change C:\Program Files to wherever you installed Steam (if you specified elsewhere). For example you could have put it in D:\My Games\Steam\... etc. For a more detailed turorial check MyStiX's ESF to Steam thread.

For Example:

My file location for ESF would be:
C:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\[email protected]\half-life\esf

3. Download the FMOD.DLL (version 3.6.0.0) and place it in your half-life folder. IT MUST, I REPEAT MUST BE IN YOUR HALF-LIFE FOLDER, NOT YOUR ESF FOLDER (sorry for the capitals but people just seem to misread this part). So the file path would be:

C:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\your_email_address\half-life\fmod.dll

4. If you get it to work, download CS-Land's Steam Pack. Unzip it into your ESF directory. This will give you neat backgrounds and sounds etc.

5. Any other problems you can come back or try to get them answered on Steam's Official Forums.

6. If you would like to have bots you must download ESF Bot v3.1. No other versions will work properly for ESF Beta 1.1 and Steam. Any questions check the ESF Bot Forums.

Best answers
I Followed your guidelines verbatim and you know what it will never work. the game wont even start I just get that stupid error about a dll it cant load when its there. The game says launching half-life in a steam box (after i clicked on the third party ESF name) and then the screen goes black shows the halflife creen for 1 second and then bang the error comes.. I think it must be a certain version of windows problem, because i have digital paintball and its basically the same thing and it works on steam perfectly no problems. Great job trying to give me help much appreciated too bad i wont get to play though. (ESF still looks cool maybe ill try it on a friends computer or something) or maybe the team will address the problem in the new version...? Till then Keep modin' till modin's out of style:) *Peace*

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Did you check your installer? Sometimes it likes to install it:

C:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\your_email_address\half-life\esf\counter-strike\

I don't know why, but sometimes it does. Make sure yours isn't like that. If that isn't clear and doesn't work, you've got a real serious problem. That is the simplist most basic explanation of ESF to Steam. The only thing I can say is you probably just hit Next multiple times when you install ESF. Remember, the installer isn't designed for Steam. You have to change the directory yourself, make sure it's the right one. That's all I can help you with, if this doesn't help, try the Steam forums.

Best answers
can someone just send me the client.dll file.......like, theirs? i only need 1. send it to me via e-mail? [email protected] yeah, whoevers first :)

Best answers
Yo hexus i got mine to work he was right you have to follow instructions. You have to PUT the Fmod.dll file in the half life folder not the esf folder it comes in, thats just 1 more folder up. that should fix it.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I've hosted the file Hexus, the client.dll error isn't caused because you don't have it (should be in esf\cl_dlls), it is caused because your FMOD.DLL doesn't match the one compatible for ESF. So follow my steps and download the FMOD.DLL I hosted on my website.

I've added a little passage to make sure other people don't make the same mistake you did.

Best answers
Ive already tried that 10 times with different fmod.dll files from diff places. Now, i don't have steam...well i do, but i dont want to install it....

Best answers
does it matter what version of half life i have? can some one tell me a site where i can just update the defult version(i think its 1.0.0.9 mabey) to the latest version in one file? or can someone tell me where i can gety updates?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Don't double post, use the edit button next time.

If you want the latest Half-Life patch, go to FilePlanet. They have the patch, so just go ahead and download it from there.

Half-Life V1.1.1.0 is what you're looking for.

Best answers
sorry, i didn't know there was an edit button.....coz i wasn't looking :scared:

anywho, i installed the latest patch, and it made it work...well the stuff bout client dlls dissapeared, HOWEVER!!! i tried creating a internet and lan game, and is says "could not locate IPX, IPX disabled reason WSANENOTSOCK" in the console.....help?

PS. THIS is one long topic.....

Best answers
Hexus said:
sorry, i didn't know there was an edit button.....coz i wasn't looking :scared:

anywho, i installed the latest patch, and it made it work...well the stuff bout client dlls dissapeared, HOWEVER!!! i tried creating a internet and lan game, and is says "could not locate IPX, IPX disabled reason WSANENOTSOCK" in the console.....help?

PS. THIS is one long topic.....
o_O just ignore it

Best answers
Soz bout that, now its working LD

and your WASNOTSOCK error in console is because IPX is disabled on your computer. It shouldnt make any differnce.. i cant remember where it is if your not on a network, but if you are on a network do this::

1. Control Pannel (switch it to classic view if u have win xp, if not just do the following)

2. Open Up Network Connections

3. Right Click and properties of any network

4. In general instal TCP/IP as a protocol

Voila it is done, this may be the same for a normal connection but im not sure

Best answers
Hello, im back, ive been busy with homework, anywho, i got it working :)
ive been playing with my cousin over the net. i downloaded EVM....and im haveing problems. it all works, i can get into the game and play, but i cant go ssj2 or ssj3 or the eaa transformations......how i say?
Oh, and, i was playing with other people on the net, and they get to ssj so fast.....HOW!!!???

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom