Clan Logo

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Not bad, but why does it say "our_business", with an underscore?

L

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It's just the font.
I suggest you change the font, other then that and the glow on the stock it looks good.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The font needs changing and the placement as well.

Get a font that's more symetric. Put the "xHEWx Clan" in the bottom left hand side, and put the domination sentence in the top right hand side.

Best answers
Banner <-> logo

But anyway.. It's not really original nor refreshing.. Text seems out of place and the background seems 13 in a dozen..

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
How is it not original? I've never seen a banner like it...

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I happen to think that it's flawless. Way to go Kai!!!

Best answers
Go to the signature sub-forum and you'll find a dozen others like this (brush frenzy background and fancy gamerender with basic glowing effects)

That's what I mean with not original..

Besides, the intention was to create a logo.. This isn't a logo, so it basicly failed anyway.. It's not half bad as a banner or sig, but this sure as doodles isn't a logo..

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Kimfu said:
Go to the signature sub-forum and you'll find a dozen others like this (brush frenzy background and fancy gamerender with basic glowing effects)

Besides, the intention was to create a logo.. This isn't a logo, so it basicly failed anyway.. It's not half bad as a banner or sig, but this sure as doodles isn't a logo..
Or maybe he used the word in the wrong sense. A lot of people do it. It's called "making a mistake".

Perhaps he meant banner. Ever think of that?

I'd like you to post a picture to me that looks similar to that. I don't care how many brushes he used. How many times he rotated the image and merged it. I don't care how many pictures were blended or anything. I care that the banner/sig/whatever it is looks good, and flows well. Well, if you notice, it looks absolutely flawless other than the text displacement.

I find it quite original. For a black/white- color banner, it's really well done. I see a lot of people try to put a black and white background in with a color stock and do an absolutely terrible job. Kaination happened to do very well.

Kain, just fix the text and it will be perfect :)

::EDIT::
I absolutely love what you did with the stock, it looks really clear and crisp, and makes it really nice to look at. Very good job.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Hehe, my bad It relaly is a banner for my clan site. Same same <_<

Heh, I totally forgot aobut this thread until now :D

Anyways, anyone recommend some fonts I should use?

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Kimfu said:

Logo - A name, symbol, or trademark designed for easy and definite recognition, especially one borne on a single printing plate or piece of type.

- Dictionary.com

Owned.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
He just said he meant banner...

I dont like the placement of the words, but it still looks pretty good. Maybe have the clan name on the top center, and clan on bottom center. Then the first half of the sentence on the left side and the other half on the right side. I've never made a banner, so I'm just throwing ideas at you.

Best answers
Congratulation..

"Easy and definite recognition"

a) This doesn't stand out, as I said thirteen in a dozen.. So there goes the easy and definite recognition.
b) A logo is something powerful, something simple that can still have a great impact (everybody knows the pepsi-logo, everybody knows the Apple-logo, because they're simple, yet powerful)

As I said, this is a banner, this is as far from a logo as you can get.. Banner yes, logo no.. If he said "here's a banner for my clan's site" then I would notify him about design flaws.. But since he originaly stated it was a logo, this image fails at all areas..
A banner can contain a logo, this is true.. But a logo should not contain banners, mission-statements and screenshots/images not made by themselves..

But all of this doesn't matter anymore.. He said it was a banner..

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Then why aren't you notifying him about design flaws?

Best answers
I already said that the text/font is out of place and that the background isn't something that makes me go "whoa".. Been there, done that, that's the feeling I get when watching this..

Besides that -> render from a gamecharacter, added glow \o/ Nothing special

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Kaination said:
Hehe, my bad It relaly is a banner for my clan site. Same same <_<

Heh, I totally forgot aobut this thread until now :D

Anyways, anyone recommend some fonts I should use?
So, anyone gnona answer this or still debate whether its a logo or banner? <_<

K, its a banner.

K, its a logo. Lets just drop it and suggest more <_<

*ahem*

Fire Pheonix, you mentioned the text, i'll go to editing it when I find a better font.

I was thinking about Blade II font.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Kaination said:
So, anyone gnona answer this or still debate whether its a logo or banner? <_<

K, its a banner.

K, its a logo. Lets just drop it and suggest more <_<

*ahem*

Fire Pheonix, you mentioned the text, i'll go to editing it when I find a better font.

I was thinking about Blade II font.
Here's a good font i think would work if you know how to make it look metallic: http://photobucket.com/albums/b356/Snowboarder7497/?action=view&current=Zclan.jpg

Something like that or close to it. Something clean and crisp that is easy to read.

I know according to Kimfu it's not "original". But i figure (unlike some) that it's not going to become famous worldwide like oh say pepsi or apple. So attractiveness is all i'm going for. And so far it looks great.

Best answers
Kaination said:
Well I made this for our clan logo

What do you think?

I don't think its really a logo

this is mine ..... .:. J*Style industrie ©

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom