Clan Logo

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Just because Kimfu is direct and to the point doesnt mean he's wrong.

First thing i'll suggest is, work out what you want, are you gonna be making a banner or a logo? are you ever going to make a logo? if you are it'd probably be easier to make the logo first and then think about a banner. If you make your banner after your logo you could use the logo/parts of the logo in the banner, it'd also be "branding" your clan so its more recognisable. You should keep your clans name a sans serif font (without any curly bits on the letters) serif (with curly bits) fonts tend to be used for reading material, like in a book or a newspaper because it makes reading easier, sans serif fonts are used for headings/things that need to grab attention. You want to find a font that hasnt been used before, or is relatively unknown, or something old and classic that is widely used, taking fonts from well known films/games is a no no.

There seems to be a lack of any kind of composition in the current banner, the background looks like a million ive seen before. Try using brushes, its soooo much better than anything computer generated imo, heh, you could even experiement with flicking paint and water on paper and scan it in - alter it in photoshop and use it. It'd be a lot better than just using a render.

Also, sorry FP but i dont think it does look attractive with the metal effect, if anything it ruins it, it looks computer generated, not spontanious and art-like, as it could be.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Heh, well, I left the clan so I'll be doing some editing to make it as a sig o/

Gotta cut off 60 pixels though.

I'll post an update when I get it, just letting you know.

Edits im making:
-New font
-smaller in width
-adding border line (1px-5px)
-Maybe try different color

Thanks for all who reply.

★ Black Lounger ★
Best answers
well its not professional...i am a production artist for an advertising agency...and logos aren't banners...what u have created is a banner. If you'd like to see examples of logos go to www.logobee.com and u can get an idea of what a true logo is...what u have created is like a signature banner or a banner header. good luck.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
tacticz said:
get rid of that horrid font
That's not really constructive. If it's really that bad, can you suggust some better ones? I happen to like it, but if you can find one thats better, why not use it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom