Christian Discussions

Best answers
This thread has gone completly off topic, I was going to come post and discuss christianity in a sane matter, but of course, to my unsurprise, people have turned this into a 'why god does not exist thread'. Last time I checked, the creator made this so Christains can come TALK together, I dont believe that was an invite for people to flood in screaming about how God dosn't exist.
Pain you should rethink your posts, I seriously doubt you will change someone's religion through the internet, if he believes in God, it is his choice, he is not stupid for doing so, nor is he any less of a person than you, through your posts you seem to think that, at least thats the impression I get.

To some people religion can save lives, to others it can kill, its all purely based on faith and how much of it you put in your God.

what makes your precious bible any different from greek mythology?
absolutly nothing, we look at greek myths and laugh that they could have been to easily fooled into believing that stuff. i laugh at you my friend for the very same reason.
Its laughable that you mock someone's religion, has it ever occured to you that people hold these things dear and find it offensive when their god is mocked? I don't mock you for having no God, you shouldn't mock others for having one.

Like I said before, I'm displeased that this thread has turned the opposite direction I think the creator meant it to be. I am in no position to judge, this, I am well aware of. However, this thread was created for Christians to discuss issues, not for Aethiasts to mock their religion.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
yes, i do look down upon people that need to read an ancient book to tell them how to act and live their lives.

but you do have a point about the thread going off topic. i will refrain from posting here again so you guys can get back on topic about talking about the bible or what-not.

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Even though I'm agnostic, I'm offended by your simple labelling of the bible, Pain. The Bible has some worthy ideals that it teaches through it's messages.

Some of them are idio..Well, some of them, I don't agree with.

But it does teach some worthy things that people need more of, such as loving thy neighbor, turning the other cheek, and atoning for your sins.

Don't write it off just ismply as an ancient book..
You can be Christian and never read the bible.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
again... these things are common sense. you shouldnt need a book to tell you whats right and wrong or how to act. so again, yes, i do look down upon people that need to read an ancient book to tell them how to act and live their lives. im not saying the messages are bad, im saying that these things are common sense and you shouldnt need a book to tell you that.

and just so we get back on topic, from what i can piece together the last post that was on topic was:

Son Gokuo said:
Philipians 4:3 says "I can do all things through Christ Who strengthens me." Anyone wanna try to discfier that?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Pain said:
yes, i do look down upon people that need to read an ancient book to tell them how to act and live their lives.

but you do have a point about the thread going off topic. i will refrain from posting here again so you guys can get back on topic about talking about the bible or what-not.
You look down on those who beleive in Jesus? Let's not go THAT far, Pain. We don't want this thread to turn into an all out flame war. Let's keep the bad things to ourselves, and let's just express our beleifs in a posotive manner.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
off topic :
i dont remember saying anything at all about jesus, sorry if you think the bible=jesus.

on topic:
Son Gokuo said:
Philipians 4:3 says "I can do all things through Christ Who strengthens me." Anyone wanna try to discfier that?
lets concentrate on this shall we? you have a problem with something i said? PM me, i dont mind.

*edit*
@mystix's post below me:
the statement im quoting was made before i joined the thread, doubtfull its directed towards me. and the bible has a lot more than just jesus in it..... :rolleyes:

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well, if you beleive in the bible. You'll most likely beleive in Jesus. :rolleyes:

And yes, let's get back on topic. This is "Christian Discussions," so if you would like to discuss about Son Gokou's quote, feel free to.

Since i'm not the one to "discifier" that quote, I wont post about it.

I don't know why, but to me it seems as though that post by Son Gokou was directed to you, Pain. (I think)

Best answers
SailorAlea said:
Even though I'm agnostic, I'm offended by your simple labelling of the bible, Pain. The Bible has some worthy ideals that it teaches through it's messages.

Some of them are idio..Well, some of them, I don't agree with.

But it does teach some worthy things that people need more of, such as loving thy neighbor, turning the other cheek, and atoning for your sins.

Don't write it off just ismply as an ancient book..
You can be Christian and never read the bible.
Then how would you know how to be a Christian unless your memtered but most memters would tell you to read the bible,and if it wasnt for the bible then most are laws wouldnt be here Jesus made the ten commandments and use them. Thou shalt not kill.Neither shalt thou steal.And inside the supreme court we have a sculpture of moses holding the ten commandments

Best answers
Pain said:
you just have to think about the bible in terms of society back then. it fit the society for the time. now put it in todays society. practically NONE of it fits at all. as for sinning, you shouldnt have to read a book to tell you what to do/not do. its common sense, if you have to be threatened with eternal damnation just so will act nice.... your not a very good person. and if sins are such a big problem, why does god forgive so easily? "oh because he is a just and merciful god" well whoopdy freggin do, so sins dont matter anymore, ill just ask for forgivness.

as stated before.... anything and everything about god is just an explanation for the unexplanable. how did we get here? "oh well god made 2 people... and they had kids... and those kids inbred and here we are! howdy cousin!" anything that still cannot be explained with common sense or science at the moment is no different from the olden times where people didnt know how to count. eventually humans will be educated as to all the unanswerable questions and god will be just be something of the past, as it should be. religion should have died with its society.
Well Pain i can easily answer your first paragraph..As for sinning ya know god isnt THAT merciful. Get this in the passage in the bible it does say that god HATES workers of iniquaty (sin) SO therefore if you are a child of a god, sure your gonna be punished for your sins amoung here on earth but youll still get to go to Heaven. If you are not then your basically screwed heh. Thats just a simple way of putting it. Fact: God doesnt love everyone and God wont forgive everyone just becuz you simply said im sry..no its not how it works buddy. Btw read Romans 9 and find out it will explain more about how God doesnt Love everyone... Plus i dont feel like typing a big statement.

False: back then ppl were just as smart as we are today with a few exceptions. Just becuz the Hebrew ppl could build Pyrimids doesnt make it mythical. You look back saying those ppl are stupid as can be. But you also have to realize that 100 or 50 years from now..ppl are gonna say WE are stupid cuz we didnt have the technology that they have there...Common Sense..How do you think ppl got their intellegence? Who was their first Teacher? Who gave them that knowledge? How the hell can you explain that evolution just said ok youll be smart..if we didnt know wtf we are doing. Basically we just stood around with our thumbs in our asses wondering wtf do we do, how we got here, and wtf our purpose was...Here is a lil Evolution statements which i find puzzling..IF we evolved back then, then how come we arnt evolving anymore?? If Evolution was correct how come we dont have any more evolution going on?? how come im not growing another ****? How come im not growing 4 eyes? How come i havent grown into a big ass mofo who is 10ft tall and has horns comin out?? How come other monkeys are not evolving into humans?? How come we dont see them walkin around the neighborhood?? How can our planet appear out of nothing? With 2 rocks colliding and creating a big o planet? How the hell does that work?? Shouldnt they just crash and thats it? I mean when i take 2 rocks and smash them together how come i havent created a lil planet of my own and call it NeLo's World?? How can ANYTHING be created if there wasnt anything in the first place?? The Cell Theory: "A cell must exist in order for another cell to be created.." Whats up with that?? I have tons more questions for you Evolutionists..Ya know i found more answers in the Bible than in todays society and in any other place of information...

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
well i guess getting back on topic is an impossibility.

Nelo you oversimplify WAY too much.
evolution takes SO long, you wont just sprout an arm or a leg. this is what i meant about ignorance back in the day. people read the bible and "have their answer" they dont look at other things logically, your a perfect example.

ill answer any of your questions i can but some of the others, well not everyone has the answers yet. for those that i cant answer you can go back to your god i suppose.

Well Pain i can easily answer your first paragraph..As for sinning ya know god isnt THAT merciful. Get this in the passage in the bible it does say that god HATES workers of iniquaty (sin) SO therefore if you are a child of a god, sure your gonna be punished for your sins amoung here on earth but youll still get to go to Heaven. If you are not then your basically screwed heh. Thats just a simple way of putting it. Fact: God doesnt love everyone and God wont forgive everyone just becuz you simply said im sry..no its not how it works buddy. Btw read Romans 9 and find out it will explain more about how God doesnt Love everyone... Plus i dont feel like typing a big statement.
you know what, i dont memorize where things are in the bible, so you may very well be right, but frankly it doesnt much matter. god does what people want to believe, if you believe you have forgivness well by golly youve got it. inner demons my friend, thats all it is. forgivness is a way to have the weight lifted off your shoulders. sugar pill anyone?

False: back then ppl were just as smart as we are today with a few exceptions. Just becuz the Hebrew ppl could build Pyrimids doesnt make it mythical.
i never said anything about the hebrews and the pyramids... i was talking about greeks and their mythologies. mythical implies untrue, and the pyramids are standing solid pieces of stone that have indeed been built. i would not refer to them as mythical.

You look back saying those ppl are stupid as can be. But you also have to realize that 100 or 50 years from now..ppl are gonna say WE are stupid cuz we didnt have the technology that they have there...Common Sense..How do you think ppl got their intellegence? Who was their first Teacher? Who gave them that knowledge?
exactly, in 100 years there will be more answered un-answerable questions. 100 years ago they didnt now about (insert something we know about today here).

If Evolution was correct how come we dont have any more evolution going on?? how come im not growing another ****? How come im not growing 4 eyes? How come i havent grown into a big ass mofo who is 10ft tall and has horns comin out?? How come other monkeys are not evolving into humans?? How come we dont see them walkin around the neighborhood??
evolution takes billions upon billions of years for even the smallest changes to occur. your not sprouting new body parts or getting taller because for evolution to occur you must reproduce. when you do that there is a slight chance of something called a mutation to occur. something as insignificant as.... blue hair, whatever. that person breeds and passes on that trait, etc etc.
although it is not exactly proven to a point (but very easy to see why evolution is correct). obviously todays monkeys did not evolve into us, it was an older ancestor of us, i forgot the scientific term so i will refer to it as monkeyX. monkeyX had kids with a slighty offset thumb on their feet. over time this mutation carried onover through the generations untill you have human feet today, your big toe (if in the right spot) is a thumb on your feet. just like a monkeys. thats just a small explanation of it.

How can our planet appear out of nothing? With 2 rocks colliding and creating a big o planet? How the hell does that work?? Shouldnt they just crash and thats it? I mean when i take 2 rocks and smash them together how come i havent created a lil planet of my own and call it NeLo's World??
physics law dictates that two masses have a gravitational force on each other. and it was not just "2 big rocks"..... and it didnt happen 'over-night' you think on a very very small scale for someone that believes in an allmighty king of the universe.

How can ANYTHING be created if there wasnt anything in the first place??
well my friend i dont have all the answers. maybe in 100 years eh?

The Cell Theory: "A cell must exist in order for another cell to be created.." Whats up with that?? I have tons more questions for you Evolutionists..Ya know i found more answers in the Bible than in todays society and in any other place of information...
there are theories about how the first cells came to be, im not going to go into it because im not to sure on how the theory goes anymore, but it is a verygood explanation. i do remember that they recreated the situation and got very interesting results. take a biology class, and it should be explained when you get to evolution (at least in my class it was)
you find answers in the bible because its a placeholder, like ive said so many times before. an answer to things we cannot answer yet.
you seem to have a lot of questions, so how about i throw the typical religious defence your way.
"how did this stuff happen!??!?"
... dont you know?? IT JUST DID!!!

now i hope you can see how much of a sh!t answer that is. so now let me ask you this. where did god come from? oh thats right he just "is" how silly of me. how come god doesnt perform anymore miricles? oh he doesnt do that kind of thing anymore... how conviniant for your defence. why doesnt god talk to anyone anymore? oh well he doesnt do that anymore.... but maybe he does, but the peope get locked up because we think their CRAZY.

*note* yes im aware i have a large number of typos in here, im too lazy to go back and correct, figure it out.

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
shadowsaiyan17 said:
Then how would you know how to be a Christian unless your memtered but most memters would tell you to read the bible,and if it wasnt for the bible then most are laws wouldnt be here Jesus made the ten commandments and use them. Thou shalt not kill.Neither shalt thou steal.And inside the supreme court we have a sculpture of moses holding the ten commandments
Jesus didn't create the ten commandments, buddy. According to your bible, God created them, and gave them to Moses.

And catholic church's view on Christianity is that you are a Christian as long as you "accept the lord, jesus christ, our savior, into your heart." You don't have to read the bible.

I find it funny that someone would talk out of their ass about their own religion.

owa

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm pretty Neutral on this Religion thing. I don't mind what people believe in. Personally I don't believe in Satan or God.

Their are to many religions for one to be right. At the moment we talk about Heaven and Hell, but in other religions they talk about coming back... Resurection.

Think of it this way... We Talk about Christianity, and we think it is right, but in another country, another culture, they talk about Buhdism, and they think they are right... So who is right?

Anyways, I think it all comes down to Faith, where your loyality lies. If you think that if you live your life in a righteous way that you will go to heaven. Then by all means believe that. No one can tell you what to believe and no one should let anyone make up there mind.

Best answers
Son Gokuo said:
This is where Christians can come and disscuss Christian stuff. Like starting off, who wants to argue with this statement?
*A Bible a day, keeps the devils away.*
Now I can pretty much take it and turn it around.
But I want to see what you guys have to say.

oooooo, my ex girlfriend would back you up on this topic a 150%!! she isn't only a believer, but she even sticks to the deals she makes with god etc.

i'm a believer, for a part of it. example: i believe in god, but believe that the evolution theory is true. and more stuff like that. experiences in my life have verefied to me that there is a god.

by the way: good serious topic :yes:

The Duke of Juke
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Pain said:
well i guess getting back on topic is an impossibility.
could not agree more... therefore closed...

If you really need to have discussion with other Christians about Christianity, go ahead and use google to search for a forum. As a matter of fact if you what to have a discussion about other Hindus about Hinduism, you can search for that if you want too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom