Christian Discussions

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I don't know... really, this is what I think.

How did everything in the world happen so PERFECTLY. How come the earth is a perfect distance away from the sun, so that we can live. How the hell did "cells" and "molecules" build us up? How come we can produce offspring? How were these things brought up? How did atoms know how to make up a human? It's all just weird to me... how did these things happen so perfectly? It's all just one HUGE coincidence?

I beleive in God for many, many reasons. Then again, who does know?
You gotta have faith. If not, you'll be questioning things for the rest of your life.

Best answers
Snow1586 said:
WOW I was waiting for a tread like this to open so I can bash it, I am Christan and DONT BELIVE IN AN OF IT.
That is something I've been waiting for. You might regret saying that.
There is a passage in the Bible where Christ is speaking to Peter. This is what he said.
"How can you say you love God Whom you have not seen, but yet say you do not love your brother whom you have seen?"
What Jesus means by that is if you say that you are a Christian and do not belive in God then you're a lyer. God created us in His own image. You can't be a Christian if your are not following after God. You can call yourself that but it is not true.
*Today's Moral*
You cannot find Christ if you are not seeking Him.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
MyStiX said:

How did everything in the world happen so PERFECTLY. How come the earth is a perfect distance away from the sun, so that we can live. How the hell did "cells" and "molecules" build us up? How come we can produce offspring? How were these things brought up? How did atoms know how to make up a human? It's all just weird to me... how did these things happen so perfectly? It's all just one HUGE coincidence?

You gotta have faith. If not, you'll be questioning things for the rest of your life.
Everything is perfect becuae WE adapted to what we got, so it was not made for us we made it good for us by adapting, and as for the atams and stuff, I odnt know if you too it but chem with shed some light on that, I thnk all that stuff WIL be answered and then you will have not reason to belive in "god".

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
MyStiX said:

Everything is perfect becuae WE adapted to what we got, so it was not made for us we made it good for us by adapting, and as for the atams and stuff, I odnt know if you too it but chem with shed some light on that, I thnk all that stuff WIL be answered and then you will have not reason to belive in "god".

Best answers
How'd you post the same message twice?
btw snow, I'll deal with you tomorrow. I'm to tired to think straight tonight.
*EDIT*
How did we adapt to the distance of the sun? Don't ya think something woulda happened before we adapated. I belive it was all Created by God.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Snow1586 said:
To sum up what I belive, what ever science cant prove god taks the place as an answer
again... god is simply a placeholder for those that are too simple minded to believe that that may be an answer we cannot comprehend yet.
"how did the stars get in the sky!??!" "oh well isnt it obvious? i have no idea so god must have done it!"

its a belief from a barbaric time where hippies and people with seizures were thought to be holy and what not. now-a-days we know there is something WRONG with people that 'speak' to god.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
No double posts.

Also, you should read the bible. (You should've, since you're christian)
Everything is explained in there. I'm guessing that more than 50% of the worlds population beleive in God. (I'm guessing)
There is sooo much proof that Jesus existed, that there is a God.

I beleive in God because of one main reason. IF Jesus ever does come back, I don't want to beg for forgiveness. Jesus died for us. I'm thankfull in any way possible.
Btw, if you receive gifts and celebrate Christmas, and you don't beleive in God. That's a shame.

Best answers
Pain, you should realize that God had your days numbered before you were born. He knows where you will be tomorrow. I belive that God could prove whether or not there are other lifeforms in distant galaxys. Science cannot prove that.
*EDIT*
MyStiX has a good point.
Jesus died on the cross for our sins. The Bible can explain your questions. God can help you manage your life. If I wasn't a Christian lol I would be in so much trouble. He helps me with my problems. I have felt the presence of God before. When I gave my life to Christ I was 13 and i cried so hard while praying on my knees for around an hour. My stomach hurt after I got back up. I felt sick, like I was going to throw up. Everysince then I've had a great life. I was a mess before.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
just like science couldnt prove that the earth was round right? yea ok.... just becausse we dont have the answeres right now doesnt mean there isnt one. a child that cannot comprehend what 5 times 6 is is very similar to where we are at right now. we havent learned it yet.

and if god has my days numbered doesnt kind of infringe upon my free will that he supposedly 'gave' me? psh.

and whats so hard to believe about us being here as a coincidence? do you have any IDEA how long the planet has been here? let alone the entire galaxy? or the universe? do you have any idea how many failed attemps at this same coincidence have probably happened? a coincidence is bound to happen, and that was us. its like a lotto winner, a 1 in whatever chance, we just happend to get that ticket. people somehow believe that its impossible for a coincidence to occur but at the same time also believe that an all powerfull supreme being is looking down on our little sand pellet of a planet.

Best answers
Pain said:
we havent learned it yet.
Ok well I'm going to get my Bible out here in a minute. First its time for me to pray. I'll be back on when I'm done. But My bro might get on so look for him.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
anything you pull from the bible can be counted with these statements.

the bible was written by poets thats why the talk is so 'flowery' and 'meaningfull'. its about as meaningfull as shakespeare, people overanalyze it and waste their time.

and again, there are mythological storys from all around the world from all different times. what makes your precious bible any different from greek mythology?
absolutly nothing, we look at greek myths and laugh that they could have been to easily fooled into believing that stuff. i laugh at you my friend for the very same reason.

Best answers
Son Gokuo said:
Pain, you should realize that God had your days numbered before you were born. He knows where you will be tomorrow. I belive that God could prove whether or not there are other lifeforms in distant galaxys. Science cannot prove that.
*EDIT*
MyStiX has a good point.
Jesus died on the cross for our sins. The Bible can explain your questions. God can help you manage your life. If I wasn't a Christian lol I would be in so much trouble. He helps me with my problems. I have felt the presence of God before. When I gave my life to Christ I was 13 and i cried so hard while praying on my knees for around an hour. My stomach hurt after I got back up. I felt sick, like I was going to throw up. Everysince then I've had a great life. I was a mess before.
Quite amazing the power of deception is this situation can be explained in that lets say a patient comes in moaning over supposed pains and the good ole doctor gives a miracle cure. After a few days the sickness has subsided the patient thanks the doctor and forever after holds him in gratitude unknowingly that the doctor had actually merely slipped in some sugar pills. There was no problem to begin with and so there is the power of deception.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
yea thats true, faith can help out, but its just a plecebo (sp?). btw im not saying religion isnt helpfull to some people. people can connect with it i understand that. people connect with a bunch of other things too (music ,books). you dont build a lifestyle from a book you read or a song you heard though... which is why i think religion is rediculous.

Best answers
my thoughts:
i believe in god but not enough to let it change my life i belive that he made 1 thing witch is the solar system and let it go on its own.....now with jesus maybe god did come and make a virgin have a kid witch was jesus he wanted to help this planet and saw it he could not change its fate who knows what out planet and or people might be i belive in fate everything happens for a reason this.

thats just my opinion i dont want to have to worry about commting sins every seconds of my life *drinking* sin *masturbation* another sin hmmm what else have i done if god is still out there he should look at the peoples hearts not what they do if he sees there a good person they should do to heaven or where ever they go if there are not a good person then hell or where they go....

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If you don't beleive in God, it's fine with me. That's your decision.

I just can't picture myself beleiving in anything else. Everything about God has been layed before my eyes. It's hard for me to denigh anything about the bible.

I've had times where I questioned my beleif, but once I let my thoughts out on Cucumba, he made me realize how I was wrong. Pain, I used to think EXACTLY like you, but now. I've changed, and i've changed for the better.

Best answers
MyStiX said:
If you don't beleive in God, it's fine with me. That's your decision.

I just can't picture myself beleiving in anything else. Everything about God has been layed before my eyes. It's hard for me to denigh anything about the bible.

I've had times where I questioned my beleif, but once I let my thoughts out on Cucumba, he made me realize how I was wrong. Pain, I used to think EXACTLY like you, but now. I've changed, and i've changed for the better.
Waste your time with it, but let us remember it is easier to follow the stream than to go against it. It was easier to go along with the Communists than to fight against them. It was easier to go along with the holocaust than to fight it. Change is something that does not come in a day but must be worked for incessantly.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
you just have to think about the bible in terms of society back then. it fit the society for the time. now put it in todays society. practically NONE of it fits at all. as for sinning, you shouldnt have to read a book to tell you what to do/not do. its common sense, if you have to be threatened with eternal damnation just so will act nice.... your not a very good person. and if sins are such a big problem, why does god forgive so easily? "oh because he is a just and merciful god" well whoopdy freggin do, so sins dont matter anymore, ill just ask for forgivness.

as stated before.... anything and everything about god is just an explanation for the unexplanable. how did we get here? "oh well god made 2 people... and they had kids... and those kids inbred and here we are! howdy cousin!" anything that still cannot be explained with common sense or science at the moment is no different from the olden times where people didnt know how to count. eventually humans will be educated as to all the unanswerable questions and god will be just be something of the past, as it should be. religion should have died with its society.

Best answers
I belive in God because I have seen the miracules. Each of the plauges of Egypt wen't aginst plagin gods. Tommorrow I will explain this more throughly, me is sleepy now.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i seriously doubt you have 'seen' anything miricle-esque

the plauges in egypt was a domino effect, one thing led to another. also things were exagerated. its not like you see in the movies where all these eye candy-ish things started happening.

just a little example. the water turned to 'blood' *cough*. i doubt the frogs liked that very much, they moved into the land and onto the property. the locusts, having no frogs to eat them got larger in number and overflowed. with the locusts came disease and boils. etc etc etc, parting of the red sea, a time of the year where the tide was very low, a land bridge showed itself.

again its not like in the movies where all these things happend in 1 day, im sure thie entire plauge procces took years. and the egyptions were probably not on the jew's a$$ while they crossed the river. they started persuing them at the wrong time and the tide was higher, no land bridge.

again... everything can be figured out if you dont believe everything you read. things tend to get exagerated, and out of proportion, thus is the influence of holly wood

i also know that some of the religious fanatics dont want to hear the logical side, they just insist that god did it and there is no other concievable way it could have happend.

this is a lot like VB saying that eating causes lung cancer, she had no proof and was proven wrong with logic. but since she wasnt arguing with religious she couldnt fall back to the 'faith' defence. when a religious person cant combat logic its back to the "i dont care i have faith!!" argument.

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Pain is actually correct. Some people argue for the existence of God along the lines of, "We're too perfect to be random."

That's a flawed statement. In a Universe many many times bigger then a Human could ever begin to comprehend, there are countless quadrillions upon sextillions of planets.

Among those planets, a percentage of those have a sun that isn't too hot, or too cold, and who is in the beginning/early stages of it's alive.

Among those planets, a percentage of them are positioned a certain distance from their sun, that water can exist as a liquid.

Among those planets, a percentage contain the basic elements for life as we know it.

Among those planets, a percentage of them exist in those pre-set conditions long enough for life to develop.

Do you see my point? We are "perfect" because Life in itself is extremely rare in this Universe.. any life that is created, and is able to sustain it's existence, is very complex.

I'm sure all of those planets in this uncomprehensibly large Universe, that have life, believe in some sort of deity. Which one is right? Nobody knows, and we probobly will never know.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom