• Eye Laser

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Kamaehamaea

• Special Beam Cannon

• Total voters
Best answers
What do you guys think the cheapest attacks are?
My Opinions:

1) Frieza Disc: Very cheap at the present time. Frieza should atleast not be able to move while controlling the disc and should lose it when he gets hit.

2) Destructo Disc: Despite what people say, the destructo disc is *not* cheap. It takes 3-4 seconds to power up, flies only straight and can't be brought back. To avoid getting chopped in half by the Destructo Disc, look around you when powering up Final Flash and Spirit Bomb, and if someone is holding the disc in their hand.... don't charge at them.

3) Finger Laser: This attack is pitiful. The Finger Laser does nasty instant damage, fires across the map instantly and is very annoying. New Frieza's are not as annoying because they can only get it off 3-4 times before the run out of ki. But when they transformed it is a freaking gattling gun. IMHO they should make the finger laser an instant kill beam that flies quickly, takes a few seconds to power up and can only fly straight. This removes the spamming of it, and allows frieza to be vulnerable while shooting it. Making it only accessible at frieza's second tranformation or later would also be good. This way noobs won't want to play frieza when they actually have to work to get the laser.

4) Eye Laser: The Eye laser is decent, they should just put a range on it like Buu's candy attack. That way Piccolo can't fire it across the map. This way it will only be used most successful melee, and on blockers.

5) Kamaehamaeha: This attack is very unbalanced. I love using it to blow up 1/2 the map but in honesty it needs to be tweaked severly. They should probably do one of the following:
a) Player can't move when charging
b) Takes a lot longer to power up 2-3x longer
c) Lower the damage

For b), they should make it so depending on the ammount of damage it will do, increase power up time. So gohan at 200,000 Ki, will take about 8-12 seconds to power it up and it will only make a small burst. But when SSJ Gohan at 25,000,000 Ki, fires it. He will be charging up for 40-50 seconds.

For c), another possible idea is make it so the damage is more focused so, it still wreaks havoc but the blast radius is reduced severly. Or make it so it does less damage but the blast radius is increased.

One other thing might be to make the player more noticable when charging, like the Gallitgun, that way players can see it coming a mile away and get ready to hide.

6) Special Beam Cannon: Love the SBC, and wish it was unattached but hey, oh well. Definetly speed it up, and make it do a lot more damage, even at the sacrifice of a large blast radius. This way, if you don't dodge it, you're are going to be in a large ammount of trouble.

I don't think there is any other attack I am forgetting. I also know that this may not make the game a perfect DBZ t.v. show replica, but does it really matter if it improves game play?
Your opinions?

Best answers
Eye laser. Its accurate, lethal, and fast. It only takes being hit by melee once to kill you if the Piccolo is skilled. Hits you with melee, switches to laser, blasts you while you fly back till u die.

Best answers
Ki Blob. I hate it when people use it when you're trying to recover from being hit while you're on the ground.

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
i hate the finger laser and the buu candy attack. and i dont mind eye laser.. thats not so strong.. but frieza rapid fire is strong when you are kicked by melee. and almost cant get up

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You should have put the Candy attack up there, but I guess finger laser will do. It does more damage more quickly than the eye lasers and you don't have to stop firing after a few seconds like Piccolo's lasers. I do agree though that Piccolo's laser range should be (at the most) about half of Cell Day/Night. The Frieza disc is alright, though it could be toned down a little. If it had a short delay between changing directions (from out to in) it would be just fine.

The candy attack is my biggest issue. It does roughly double the damage of Piccolo's eye beams, which is way too much. It should be an attack that's only useful when your opponent has been damaged... it shouldn't be able to kill someone of equal power level at full health in two seconds. C'mon now, let's get real.

The ki blob is far from cheap, what are you talking about? Hold down the left mouse button when someone hits you and you wont have to worry about it.

Best answers
Originally posted by Sonic Boyster
The ki blob is far from cheap, what are you talking about? Hold down the left mouse button when someone hits you and you wont have to worry about it.
It's not instanteous getting up, even if you are holding the mouse button.

Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Even if getting up isn't instantaneous, you don't take that much damage from the ki blob. Unless you waste all your ki and then you're stuck on the ground. But then I say you deserve to die.

I think all the attacks in ESF are relatively fair. There is usually an easy way to get around all of them.

Especially people complaining about disc spamming. Moving out of the way usually does the trick. :p

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
No offense guys but this thread's kind of weak.

I can get around every attack in the game except one.

THE FRIGGING FINGER LASER SECONDARY FIRE.

Any Frieza that fights me head on has a real hard time, but if I go down, it only takes about four of those things to clean me out completely while I'm down...and it takes about .4 seconds to shoot that many.

I have no suggestions to fix it, I just think it's a lame tactic, not that the move is cheap.

I don't find any of the other moves cheap. Only time I've been hit with a disc is if I deserved it and not moved or been charging a huge move, or even transforming...all of which cases call for immediate retaliation, which means that getting hit with a disc to stop my Final Flash isn't all that cheap. Or, at least, I don't think it is.

The Buu Candy Attack is fine. It's range is really short, and it eats ki like popcorn. So You can't chase a guy at good health down with it without then becoming defenseless.

If you've got serious balls, You fly up, RIGHT THROUGH IT, and nail the Buu to the floor (try it if you have full health sometime, it usually saves you some aggravation...hehe).

As for the eye lasers...they usually kill me but I'm not going to ***** about them. They kill me fairly, and I never die over and over from some loser spamming eye lasers.

The kamehameha wave, i think, should have two separate versions. The "little" or normal one (about gallit gun's power) and the "super" or "chou" version, which would come after SSJ, and be the jacked monstrosity we have now, but maybe a different color or more lightning-ridden sprite and a longer charge (with a different sound, too).

Otherwise I think we're fine. I just think people die a lot by certain things because of how they play, that's all.

Best answers
the only move i think are cheap is the discs. There no prob if your fighting the guy using it, but what i cant stand is when you are ps or fighting someone else and just out of no where your get killed by a disc.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
eh ...

Discs: kill anyone with them ... you'll get about 10,000 PL ... 2 kicks and you got more

Lasers: can easily dodge it ... move only a lil bit arund and it's very hard too hit you ... it he makes it longer/ more often he hasn't more then half KI ... swoop his ass then

KHH: yeah ... it's a lil bit too strong

SBC: why have you called it ??? I don't think it's anything wrong with it ...

CandyAttck: yeah ... it's a lil bit too strong ... but it's buggy too and the buu doesn't get a frag (in B1)

a few attacks are changed somehow in B1.1 ... which: blah ... how changed: blah
let you surprise ... but maybe you don't notice it

@pu

Best answers
There are no cheap attacks only cheap tactics like attacking someone from behind or someone who cannot defend himself

Best answers
Nretrep you cant dodge a laser when your flying through the air buddy. Lasers strong point is used with melee. You knock the ugy switch to lasrrs and blast himw hile he flies through the air. A expert laser'er only needs to hit you twice with melee to kill you.

Best answers
Well one thing that does bug me is whenever someone is being gohan and u really just want to hurt them severely but they use the shield all day, it just makes me want to charge up a kamehameha and break the shield unfortunatly that cant happen yet, and im not about to change from goku or vegeta to launch discs at them

but at the end of the day im still greatfull that ESF was produced so ill put up with whatever ccheapness there is and if i dont like it, then ill just go to another server, maybe some other people should try the same thing

Best answers
Shield is easy, just detonate a big beam just before it hits the shield, problem solved.

SBC: not cheap.

KHH: eh, only in servers where the time limit is way too long.

various disc types: personally destructo disc is better than frieza disc (you can't actually move when you throw it, just while it is returning)

Finger Laser: easy to dodge, however I don't think it should have the rapid fire mode, and the single fire should be beefed up a bit for the time you have to wait between firest that is.

eye laser: I have no problem with it.

(so you guys know, im not biased, I play random most of the time, krillen if there is someone who can actually challenge me in the server)

Best answers
Finger laser...i just get meleed then finger lasered to death :S

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
finger laser.. hurts like hell.. u have laser after laser hitting doing MORE than enough damage, finger laser is just plain the cheapest attack of them all:S

Best answers
i laughed so hard when i read about some attacks being listed as "cheap", so ill let you in on a few tops other people have showed me. BTW you do have some good poins on some attacks that need to be tweeked in my point of view.

Frieza disc. Far from cheap, ATM you most of the time will GAIN some pl if you have been killed by it, if someone fires it and you see it in time teleport, then ki-blob them and they cant move unless they abandon control of the disc which most spammers dont do.

Frieza lazer, just quickly with turbo on strafe left and right and they cant hit you (unless they have a zero ping and are ex awp'ers from cs ;) ) then when they run out of ki get em.

Eyelazer: similar to finger beam but the same tactics dont work as well, yeah maby a range should be placed

Destruto disc: you can hear it comming from miles away most of the time, and its soo dam slow, when they fire one or are chargeing one kiball, finger/eye lazer are your best friend

shield: as someone said just explode a beam netx to the shield, or use other so called "cheap attacks" like disc, lazers.

SBC: cheap? i dont get how so?, it stands out, is quite slow, isnt controlable, not an instagib, cant PS well with it, please explain in a little more detail.

KHH: ok i can see your point here very well, again use so called "cheap" atacks to stop them spammers, lazers, a disc will make them detonate early to aviod it, and my fav swoop toward them and if they fire, get out of swoop and BS with it. The BS idea isnt that effective if they have a higher PL but if you have alot oif room behind you and a full ki bar you can block almost beam with someone of equal PL.

too much typing so ill stop now. and i hope some of these attacks are tweaked with b4 beata 1.1. if not its still the best half-life mod out.

*edit btw maby it would be good to put a "none" or "other" catagory on your poll, not important really just better etiquet (even better etiquet would be if i could spell it :p))

Retired Forum Staff
Best answers
I agree with keiryn about Destructo Disk. Anyone who can get a kill with that attack from distance deserves the kill, either because they're good or are dealing with an idiot. :p

Best answers
Everyone says the lasers are ez to dodge but they dont mention anything about dodging them while your being flung across the map. Lasers are the cheapest by far. Your defenseless when hit by melee and the lasers do mega damage. All they need is range reduction. Thats all anybody asks.

Best answers
i dont like the idea that some blasts (in a power struggle) you have to sit there and fight a blast while the other character gets to move away thats so unfair

#1 if somone backs away from shoting a blast his blast should immediatly get pushed back or added to your own blast

#2 or both char have to stay and fight there blasts (in the struggle) and who ever looses gets pushed back (way back) and disinigrated (dont like the idea that ki balls and blasts just blow up when ever they hit something that isnt another ki ball or blast

agreed??

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom