Do you like my idea? (read post first)

• Yes.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Scruffie

S
Don't you hate it when you charge up a full Spirit Bomb, Kamehameha or any other attack, and someone melees you into the ground, then it gets let loose randomly? Well I have an answer to that problem.

For charging attacks there is another bar on the HUD, preferably out of the way such as top right, labelled CK meaning Charged Ki. When you charge an attack such as Kamehameha, for example, this bar fills up along with the regular charge bar.

When you get meleed, or press alternate fire, the normal bar disapears, yet the Ki in the other bar remains. When you choose any attack and fire with it, it automatically takes the Ki straight from the charged attack bar instead of you having to charge it again.

Plus, if you didn't finish charging the attack past the little bar, that energy is also stored in the CK bar.

Now I think there should also be a key that enables you to charge up this bar with Ki whenever you want, only quite slowly, not as fast as regular Ki.

Pros

1) Attacks like Final Flash could take energy from charged attack bar instead if regular Ki bar to enable longer Power Struggles.
2) Longer Power Struggles.
3) If you see a strong attack coming straight for you, you can use your own strong attack without charging.

Cons

1)... can't think of many... I'll post them when you mention them.

What do you think of my idea? I think it might improve gameplay and allow players to last much longer.

If you voted no on the poll , tell me why!

Best answers
i like this idea because i also hate it when im in the middle of charging a big attack like the spirit bomb and get meleed its bad enough because of the damage but you lose you stored ki to.it would be a great improvment

Best answers
The cons that I can think of is that this might be overpowered; also, if the only way you get it is by being meleed when charging, it's going to be used so rarely as to be pointless. I still think it's a good idea, I'm just being a bit of a Devil's Advocate here.

An additional idea: maybe when you power up to recharge ki, when your regular ki is full, continuing powering up would (very slowly) charge your CK? That would eliminate the last critisism, anyway.

Best answers
The problem you mention isn't a problem at all, and doesn't require any fixing. If you get hit while charging, that's your fault: take the consequences.

All your pros are basicly my cons:

Cons

1) Long powerstruggles are boring (no skill and take speed out of the game).
2) Long powerstruggles are boring.
3) You can use beams without having to charge them immediatly before shooting, that would remove the whole point of having a charge time:
-You would always have an attack ready.
-All attacks would always be fully charged.
-You could melee someone and then finish him if he's knocked out for a few seconds, leaving him no chance to recover.

This would seriously ruin gameplay imho.

Best answers
Not a good idea at all.
I agree with +Rammr+

Remember ESF is meant to be true to the DBZ Series/Show as it can, when someone gets hurts, in melee or a beam attack the pain would break your consintation (think i spelt that wrong) of storing energy to use once back up again...

Just think about that ;)

Best answers
No thats a bad idea, sorry.
Like Remar said if u get melled while charging a beam its ur own fault.
Also just think about what ur saying, if u charged this bar fully then U could do a full spirit bomb instantly.
When has goku ever done that? Powered up then 3 minutes said kamehameha really fast in a chimpmunk voice and released a full beam? Never.

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
I like the idea,, BUt then again!! lets say i like idea 50%!

1. goku gets melee'd to when his spirit bom whas ready at sayain saga! and he dropped attack!! ( bad!! :p )

you drop attack, i like that ;)

2. i hate it sometimes to!! .... but.. how about you can charge 25% of the beam energie!! only the little bit of enerigie that you can use to fire the beam at MINIUM!! ..

and minium isnt that powerFull!!

Best answers
It sounds better than what's here already. I girl can kill herself--excuse the pun--trying to do Final Flash, and then hitting herself with it because someone meleed her in the back. It's kinda annoying, and painful <rubs aching butt>. O_O

The Viking
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I neve saw it happen in the series so I say no.Vecause I would like to keep it based on the series.Not on someones custom suggestions.

Best answers
Keeping it based on TV show is good, but it does get annoying when your butt is spanked while you're fighting someone else. I think that maybe we need to make a special tournament map, like in Ricochet, where only two people can fight at a time. If they hit you then, it's really no problem, but it's when I'm fighting one, and another one kicks me that drives me insane.

Best answers
in reply to +rammr+ umm no I am happy that melee can be taken out of the game by admin server option as melee to me is everything you said about beams and more

Best answers
Well I think for a attack such as the Spirit Bomb when you charge it up and get knocked down, the Spirit Bomb should still be there. Like when Goku was charging it up to kill Frieza and got knocked down by him and his Spirit Bomb was still on top of them. Then when you get back up you can still control it. And this may be either way: The opponent could shoot a beam to blow it up OR it would absorb and beam and do nothing.

-Mr. D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom