Characters

Freelance Mappzor
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
I knew it that they are lazy so thats why there will be no canon character or even characters that were in dbz manga. Yea i know Grega said that they've made a decision that there would be no canon characters but you know what i think? Your decision is just stupid no offence but is true. The mod would be more cooler more playable if there is more characters to chose MORE FUN. I dont see me playing almost on with only like with 12-15 characters of course at the begining it would be fun even with those 14 character later on it will be boring. And even if you say like about the balance. You are guys smart so i believe balance stuff shouldn't be a big trouble for you. Or you might say wait an ECX clone NOOOOOOOOO that thing was way unbalnced. ;(
It was unbalanced BECAUSE it had that many characters.

Besides even in ECX all you see are Gokus and Vegetas >.>

Your point of more chars = better is therefore invalidated.

βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
🎈 Advanced
Best answers
and besides, that would take even more work to do as they already have. i guess they are not even close to finish.
And i think nobody wants to wait even longer just because of more chars. what they do and the way they're doing is just fine. theres is no need for more characters. :cool:

The best example is tenkaichi 3 for Ps2 n stuff. over 9 ******* 1000 characters to choose and only played with 15 maybe 20 of them. who plays with yajirobie or that pilaf guys anyway? they just slow the game down with all that virtual dust they get on by never be used :smile:

βœ”οΈ HL Verified
Best answers
There are plenty dbz games with much characters almost very dbz character like in raging blast they were balanced.
so i don't believe really that more charaters=unbalanced game.

Why almost everybody are playing in ecx with goku or vegeta because they are OP

What i liked about ECX has more characters, while in esf lacks of them
What i didn't like about ECX is unbalanced, while in esf it was super balanced.

and besides, that would take even more work to do as they already have. i guess they are not even close to finish.
And i think nobody wants to wait even longer just because of more chars. what they do and the way they're doing is just fine. theres is no need for more characters. :cool:

The best example is tenkaichi 3 for Ps2 n stuff. over 9 ******* 1000 characters to choose and only played with 15 maybe 20 of them. who plays with yajirobie or that pilaf guys anyway? they just slow the game down with all that virtual dust they get on by never be used :smile:
Yes it's that more character cost more work=longer playble game(well for me)
With more character i could test every character, every skills of them if i get bored with the character i could choose other character and again and again. Example if there is 20 characters atleast the first in the list is Goku ok i will be playing with him for a while then will get bored ok then i will pick other character on the list maybe gohan will be the second so till i'll reach the last 20 character in that time and while i will be playing with the last character i will want to pick Goku because i didn't play with him for a while. Thats the point

Yes you are right there is no need more chracters temporarily later on i think yes there should be more charcters.
And if i need to wait for them i would, if i was waiting for esf:f for a very long time i could wait even more just for perfect game more characters and balanced at the same time.^_^

This is my opinion only.

Esf team is really doing great job. Don't you guys think something like i am ordering to make those characters, nothing like that at all. I am just saying what i think the game needs.:)

Last edited:
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
🎈 Advanced
Best answers
yeah your right. it could be boring but im sure you dont play just esf the hole time. so if esf sucks for the moment you simpli play something else :) but we are waiting for a long time for the final release, so they better hurry up with that before the december comes :p and who know, maybe they bring a few more chars after releasing the final =)

something is for sure. at that very moment when its released, no matter what im doing or where i am, i just run home and download it. even when i have to jump out of an airplane or something xD

βœ”οΈ HL Verified
Best answers
Yea i agree it would be nice to release new characters each year maybe but for some reason i think thats not gonna happen.

βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
🎈 Advanced
Best answers
yeah i think too, but i'm sure they will have any suprise for us all :D so in the meanwhile we wait till it's released ^^

Last edited:
Stalwart Assassin
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
🌟 Senior Member
Best answers
Pa1n, you have to remember that the developers are not getting paid for this. Yes, it would be great to have more playable characters than they currently have planned. I don't deny that, but it just isn't in the cards. They have enough work on their plates as it is, and if they felt that they were able to add more characters, I'm sure they would gladly do so.
As far as I'm concerned, the fact that ESF Final is going to have more characters than ESF 1.2.3 is good enough for me.

πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
Listen... They couldn't balance the characters they had in 1.2.3. How would they balance three tiers of three times as many characters in 1.3?! That's an ABSURD thing to ask for! If you want ninety thousand god damned characters, make your own game, and get a dozen people to spend a minimum of ten hours a week on it... Maybe you'll be done by 2030.

βœ”οΈ HL Verified
Best answers
Pa1n, you have to remember that the developers are not getting paid for this. Yes, it would be great to have more playable characters than they currently have planned. I don't deny that, but it just isn't in the cards. They have enough work on their plates as it is, and if they felt that they were able to add more characters, I'm sure they would gladly do so.
As far as I'm concerned, the fact that ESF Final is going to have more characters than ESF 1.2.3 is good enough for me.
Thats the problem they;re not getting paid for it seriously what they did with half life engine is just impossible to not get paid.. Why the heck Garry's mod you need to pay for it 10 euros it i just a mod i don't get it...

Listen... They couldn't balance the characters they had in 1.2.3. How would they balance three tiers of three times as many characters in 1.3?! That's an ABSURD thing to ask for! If you want ninety thousand god damned characters, make your own game, and get a dozen people to spend a minimum of ten hours a week on it... Maybe you'll be done by 2030.
i could really say esf123 is more balanced then ecx. Ecx was like just for show with those transformations stuff(they do really look cool btw). Still it is posible that you can have 20-30 character and balanced as well look at the other dragon ball games...

Last edited:
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
What the ****?

OF COURSE ESF 1.2.3 IS MORE BALANCED THAN ECX! Just because a desert is slightly less dry than outer space, that doesn't make a desert wet!

Edit:

And the point stands: More characters = impossible to balance well.

Last edited:
Freelance Mappzor
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
Just because someone mentioned Budokai.

Yes they had a ****load of characters that were perfectly balanced.

But at their core, the characters were all copies of one another with slightly different effects and animations. Other than that they were exactly the same. So essentially you play as 1 character with a dozen different looks.

We are going for unique characters here. Each character behaves totally differently from the other.

So dont bring Budokai games in to a balance debate. As it is essentially 1 character with different suits.

Death from Above
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
Also that was a large team of people who were paid to work on it around the clock rather than a small group of people doing it in their spare time

NOT IN THE MANGAβ„’
β˜… Black Lounger β˜…
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
Also that was a large team of people who were paid to work on it around the clock rather than a small group of people doing it in their spare time
As sad as it is, more people prefer big amounts of characters that are exactly the same except for a few things rather than few vastly different characters.

We're (I'm?) still hoping for the possibility of "approved" characters to get into the game after its release. With a patch or automatic update.

Last edited:
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
🎈 Advanced
Best answers
Just because someone mentioned Budokai.

Yes they had a ****load of characters that were perfectly balanced.

But at their core, the characters were all copies of one another with slightly different effects and animations. Other than that they were exactly the same. So essentially you play as 1 character with a dozen different looks.

We are going for unique characters here. Each character behaves totally differently from the other.

So dont bring Budokai games in to a balance debate. As it is essentially 1 character with different suits.
Real word man =) we see that you guys are working with all of your heart n soul ond this. so **** budokai. that is just a cooler edition of streetfighter or something.
but ESF is real something else. ESF is Dragonball ( and that little bit Half life that's in it left =P ) so do the best you can do :yes::cool:

ESF Old Timer
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
🌟 Senior Member
Best answers
It was unbalanced BECAUSE it had that many characters.

Besides even in ECX all you see are Gokus and Vegetas >.>

Your point of more chars = better is therefore invalidated.
Well I understand why they do choose goku or vegeta.
SSJ3 Goku is powerfull his strength matches everything else.

Vegeta his case was the final flash.
Next to that they could do fusion.
As well dance as well potara.
So yeah its logic they will play with those characters.
Goten and Trunks also was kinda a populair because of gotenks.

β˜… Black Lounger β˜…
🌟 Senior Member
Best answers
Well I understand why they do choose goku or vegeta.
SSJ3 Goku is powerfull his strength matches everything else.

Vegeta his case was the final flash.
Next to that they could do fusion.
As well dance as well potara.
So yeah its logic they will play with those characters.
Goten and Trunks also was kinda a populair because of gotenks.
i guess you're hinting fusions haha :p but yea you are right.. but i like gohan too because of the cell saga :eek:

Freelance Mappzor
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
Gotenks was only popular in RC1 where you didnt need to do the fusion arrow thing though.

β˜… Black Lounger β˜…
🌟 Senior Member
Best answers
Gotenks was only popular in RC1 where you didnt need to do the fusion arrow thing though.
i liked those earrings,, easy to use and a great idea.. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom