Character Balancing Tweaks

Now with Kung-Fu action!
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I think I've compiled a list on how weaker character (eg Trunks, Gohan) could be on the same levels as stronger ones (e.g Goku, Buu)

Buu- lower speed from 220 to 200. Buu was a blob wasn't he? His main way of coping with pain was his stomach. Never got to see much of evil Buu's speed so 300 instead of 320 would be nice.

Goku- Fine as he is really. Possibly make the Kame Torpedo 2nd fire of Kamehameha but torpedoes can only go up to two and are like scatter shot.

Gohan- Speed him up a bit. 205 instead of 180 (275 trans)? Possibly PL up to 650,000?

Krillin- Speed D-Disc up very slightly so it becomes usuable.

Frieza- Speed up to 190 (260 trans). Frieza had eye lasers in the series (ask Wikipedia). Alter finger laser so it is an attached blast, similar size but more damaging (quick chargable, mid ki cost, mid-damage (slightly stronger than gen beam)

Piccolo: Increase health to 130, 150 in Trans form. Wikipedia says he has an attack called Bakurikimaha (Exploding Powerful Demon Wave). A blast which could be a weaker version of bigbang (mid-long charge, non movable, highish cost, mid-high power kamehameha power). He's apparently used it 3 times in the series. It's not the Hellzone Grenade.

Trunks: Speed up to 210 (280 trans). He is a melee chracter isn't he? For some reason Wikipedia says he has Masenkno...

Cell: Fine as he is.

Vegeta: Up PL to 750,000? He was roughly as strong as Goku? He did use D-Disc once...

That's all I have. Any comments?

Best answers
Buu- lower speed from 220 to 200. Buu was a blob wasn't he? His main way of coping with pain was his stomach. Never got to see much of evil Buu's speed so 300 instead of 320 would be nice.
Muscle (or fat) mass in the show never took away from speed, in the exception of USSJ. But I do agree with you, this speed along with other things Buu has, I think he's a tad on the strong side compared to other characters.

Goku- Fine as he is really. Possibly make the Kame Torpedo 2nd fire of Kamehameha but torpedoes can only go up to two and are like scatter shot.
I'll agree with your Kame Torpedo idea. I like it.:cool:

Gohan- Speed him up a bit. 205 instead of 180 (275 trans)? Possibly PL up to 650,000?
Again, I'll agree with you here, he is a bit slow.

Krillin- Speed D-Disc up very slightly so it becomes usuable.
You don't neccesarily need to charge it up all the way full to get results, if you have it at least charged past the threshold, it will one shot anyone. Using a small disc may not be as fruitful as a big, charged up one, but it still gets the job done.

Frieza- Speed up to 190 (260 trans). Frieza had eye lasers in the series (ask Wikipedia). Alter finger laser so it is an attached blast, similar size but more damaging (quick chargable, mid ki cost, mid-damage (slightly stronger than gen beam)
Same with Gohan, Frieza is a bit slow compared to the others. Don't believe everything Wikipedia tells you. Cooler had eye lasers, but I just recently watch the Saiyan and Freeza saga, and I remember him using eye lasers once in the entire series, and it was only on his own henchman. And to add on, I don't think it should be a charged up ki blast, but instead add a cooldown between the lasers themselves. Individually, not five.

Piccolo: Increase health to 130, 150 in Trans form. Wikipedia says he has an attack called Bakurikimaha (Exploding Powerful Demon Wave). A blast which could be a weaker version of bigbang (mid-long charge, non movable, highish cost, mid-high power kamehameha power). He's apparently used it 3 times in the series. It's not the Hellzone Grenade.
I think this would be a great addition to the game, even with the more health. The attack your speaking of though, in Budokai 3, not sure about 1 or 2, it was called Destructive Wave. Very useful attack, it was. Would be glad to see it in the game. But Piccolo already has a good amount of attacks in the game and he is pretty balanced.

Trunks: Speed up to 210 (280 trans). He is a melee chracter isn't he? For some reason Wikipedia says he has Masenkno...
Like I said earlier, don't believe anything Wikipedia tells you. There were a lot of contradictions in the movies and specials. As well as FUNimation's dub on the entire series. (For instance, Kid Trunks used the Kame wave in Bio-Broly movie. In the Funimation dub, gohan clearly used a masenko on Vegeta, yet he yelled the words 'Kamehameha'. I hate Funimation. >.<) Though, the increased speed is really, really what he needs.

Cell: Fine as he is.
Cell is perfect in every way! :D My favorite character to play. What a balance.

Vegeta: Up PL to 750,000? He was roughly as strong as Goku? He did use D-Disc once...
In my own personal opinion, I don't really have a problem with his base PL being lower than goku, his trans PL is a bit high compared to Goku, though. The D-Disc attack is exclusive to only Krillin and Android 18. The Kienzan to Frieza and Cell. Vegeta never used the attack to my own memory, but Vegeta is good enough as he is with Big Bang and Final Flash for big fireworks.:cool:

Now with Kung-Fu action!
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Wow! Someone replied. I forgot Wiki tells about movies aswell. Vegeta uses D-Disc to chop Gohan's tail I believe.

Android 18 has D-Disc? Never knew, guess you learn something everday.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I agree on your idea about Destructo disk seeing as how frezia disc can be controlled and that Krillin's disk attack really has no unique aspect about it or any extra functions to make it useful.

From what I remember a while back, it was being stated that Gohan and Trunks would have their required trans pl revised, so I wouldn't be surprised if we also saw some other changes to them in regards to speed in their base form.
For some reason Wikipedia says he has Masenkno
Trunks used Mansenko in the first Brolly movie. It is also amoung belief that since he was trained by the Gohan in his timeline that he taught future Trunks the attack.

An increase of 10 unit for frezia's base form wouldn't really make much difference IMO, it'd still be slow.

Best answers
Yea, trunks did use a masenko beam along with gohan in movie 8.

Piccolo also uses SBC, Masenko, and Destructive wave, which he should rightfully have in the game IMO.

1.21 Gigawatts!
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
I think that Buu should not change speed or have it same as goku.
Cuzz in Dbz i think Gohan said how can he be so Big and fast i think he was faster than Gohan

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i think buu should be the fastest character ingame, but has crappy beams like toranks :) (melee'ers dream :D)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom