Changing the position of the beam

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I am not to sure if the beam position in 1.3 is going to be corrected or not but I feel that the current beam position is weird and way off.

Pic 1:

As you can see, the beam isn't coming out of the hands but out of the body. Where the red line is, is where the beam SHOULD be coming out.

Pic 2:

And same with this picture, the beam position is wrong. Changing it to where the red lines are would be the most correct.

I do not know if this is a model problem or a sprite problem but Im sure this can be fixed very easily and it would give ESF that professional look.

Also, and I must not forget
Pic 3:

The charge sprite is kinda off. I feel (and probably others) that the charge sprite should be in the middle of both hands. As in all the DB/Z/GT the charge is directly inbetween the hands and not in a different spot.

Like I stated again, this isn't like the most critical suggestion ever but I feel that if implied, that ESf would get that professional look.

Wat

Best answers
Isn't the position of the beam dictated by the position of the attachments (as part of the model)?

I believe this would be a problem that you can fix on your own if you don't mind modifying the attachment points.

Ever wonder why Krillin's Destructo Disk doesn't charge at his hip, but his other beams do? He has two attachment points on his model, one on his right hand, one extending past it; so, if he moves his arm upwards, the attachment point moves with it -- conveniently right above his head =).

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Wat said:
Isn't the position of the beam dictated by the position of the attachments (as part of the model)?

I believe this would be a problem that you can fix on your own if you don't mind modifying the attachment points.

Ever wonder why Krillin's Destructo Disk doesn't charge at his hip, but his other beams do? He has two attachment points on his model, one on his right hand, one extending past it; so, if he moves his arm upwards, the attachment point moves with it -- conveniently right above his head =).
Actualy all the beams are attached to the right hand (exept mouthblast and the bis SB)

Just beamjump with a minimum charged genbeam and you should see what i mean.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well I still stand strong on the fact that they should be positioned correctly. I always thought it looked funky when your beams starts shooting out of your body instead of your hands.

Best answers
this makes sense, now its up to the esf team if they want to go in and fix it.

Validated Steam Engine
🌈 Beta Tester
✔️ HL Verified
🌹 Regular Rosé
Best answers
Yeah it would be better. Hmmm......I just realised something. In 1.3 aren't the faces going to be animated too? Going by your pictures, the face animations wouldn't be able to be seen when firing beams.

Though I still think they should change both the beam ends to models. Can't remember who suggested that though.....geez.....that was ages ago now.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I don't know how ESF will run if the beam heads where models. If they were, however, models then they could do alot more then with sprites.

Validated Steam Engine
🌈 Beta Tester
✔️ HL Verified
🌹 Regular Rosé
Best answers
Hell, you could have an option in the graphics menu to use sprites or models, like there is with the rocks when powering up.

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I really dont mind this... it sorta creates a "bloom" effect at the start of the beam.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I think it would fix it if you just made the beam start smaller thats all. It only looks like that because the beam gets too big and overlaps the hands and looks like it's coming from the body.

Problem is the beam start so small that you wouldn't be able to see it. And wouldn't look cool once you fired it :(

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I like it o/

Though, a small beam would look way out there.

They should have different spots for different charged beams?

Yeah, my idea of your idea is basically:

20%: near hands
40%: away from hands,
60%: a bit farther Stfu D:, good catch rob <3

etc.

@100%, you can have it so it fits right.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
That could work. I don't know, I want to hear from a Team member on their idea first before anything. I mean, they do have the stuff right there.

Best answers
Kaination said:
60%: a bit farter
Farting beams... now that would be awesome...

Bakc on topic...:
Would be nice to have hand bbeams instead of body beams D:

Feels somewhat android-ish if it was a body beam.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom