Changes

Best answers
A mix of 1.2 and 1.1 would be a nice idea , but not everyone would like it ...
To make everyone happy , why not make it a game type? ... say at the start of create server? ...
Basically you could give the option to create

1.2.1 server ((with the melee unchanged as it is now))
1.1 server ((exactly as 1.1 was))
and Eventually 1.1/1.2 Mixed server ((with the good points from both games))

However this may take alot of time and make the game larger , it'd make everyone happy ... and if you really don't like 1.2 I'm sure you could download 1.1 and just play that again.
But this is just my idea. Comment on it as you wish

The Viking
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
We have an idea underway that should keep the 1.0/1.1 pro's satisfied. It's just i'm not exactly sure yet, if it will be implented or not. If it will be, from what i've read the system will be very rewarding.

Best answers
'Should' isn't going to cut it, if you THINK it will be ok then at least let some of us test it for a while. You did EXACTLY the same thing for 1.2, "wait until you've played it" but by then it's too late. Don't make that same mistake again, release a version inbetween if you must but don't start thinking that everything is going to be fine and that everyone will love it - because we all know it won't.

Retired
Best answers
closed.

we have a suggestion forums for people with suggestions.

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Don't close the thread... Theres no reason to, just move it..

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
Okay guys, it's about time we start facing facts. You screwed up. Nearly every decent player that was playing ESF left it. Why? Because you slowed the game down too much and implied way too many changes at one time. You suddenly decided to cut the game's speed in half. Which was way too much of a shock to the most of us playing ESF. Now, I wouldn't be that sad if just a few players left, but having more than half of the players leaving is pretty messed up. Tell me, what's a game without the experienced players(experts) to learn from? I mean, 1.0 and 1.1 had great players to begin with. Some had talent, some learned from others. However, there was always something to strife for. An unstoppable adrenaline flowing through your veins of becoming the best. Each time you launched ESF you had one goal, dominating servers and have fun doing so. Sometimes you did, sometimes you didn't. At times, you encountered players that literally whacked the hell out of you without getting scratched. That somehow made you try harder and harder. You became faster, more accurate, your timing for combos improved, etc. Now, getting back to 1.2, that all just vanished. With the game's speed cut in half, there wasn't much left. You could try and remember arrow-combos so you could counter them. You changed a fast-paced action game into a simple SNES game worth pressing arrows. And it's not that. I think the creators of ESF did a fantastic job to start with. However, you preferred graphics over gameplay. You implemented good looking graphics, and you lost the gameplay, as it was before. You have to remember one thing, it's the gameplay that counts. Surely, a good looking game is a good start. However, people loved the simplicity of 1.0 and 1.1. You can imply the best looking transformations ever, but most of us have enough of that after about a week. A good gameplay is what counts. And you'll have to get that back in order to regain back your publicity and fans.

Possibly solutions:

- Just renew 1.1 again.
- Somehow imply the old simple melee once again.

There isn't really any way else. If you regain back the old players that dominated ESF, you'll have a much more better time playing around. No hard feelings, but there aren't any good players around in 1.2. Everyone knows that. Surely there are players that can beat one another, but you rarely see the ones that once were called legendary.

Thanks for your time.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Im not as interested in bringing back the old players as i am in making new "1337" players. Esf will live a lot longer if newbs can eventually become really good, instead of the same old people kicking your ass over and over.

The problem is, no one cares enough about the game to want to become good at it. People love the game the first week, and then get bored of it after that.

Best answers
and if you really don't like 1.2 I'm sure you could download 1.1 and just play that again.
Thats what weve been doin for the last year, although it do gets somewhat boring fighting your friends over and over again.

The 1.2/1.1 create server thingy you brought up is quite a good idea somewhat like my "2 version esf" idea, but with 2 versions in the same package.

Lets see what time brings, not another 1.2 downfall i hope =(.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
ESF can only get better (or so i hope).

Best answers
I liked 1.1 & 1.2 when i started to play but now it's realy borring :p I'm waiting for 1.3 i think it will be 10000000 times better than 1.2 version ;D

Best answers
wow..u mean this thread hasnt been closed yet...amazing..

anyway...i think the best thing that can be done is like everyone else said...impliment 1.1 and 1.2 together...thats what we all thought was gonna happen anyway..while 1.2 was in developement there were several ppl that thought (and now we know they were right) that the new gameplay would slow the game down and take away from its fun-factor...but noone listened and just kept telling us that 1.1 melee was still gonna be there in its entirety...they even went so far as to say that there would be a cvar that would change the game back (essentially making it the 2 version game that has been suggested in this thread a couple times) but that didnt happen.

the simple melee is so limited now that its too easy to use...and ive seen many ppl complaining about it...i mean there have been countless threads with ppl saying "omgzor the 2 hit tele combo is cheap" and the like...but thats because its so easy to do...the appeal (for me anyway) of 1.0 and 1.1 was the challenge to get better..i remember dlin 1.0..hoppin into a server and learnin the basics right off the bat..and that was with the legends like gr00vy, nightshade, kami sama and others in the server (and we all know how bad ass those guys were in 1.0) but i still had fun...i learned what i needed to survive and then built off of that...eventually i got into clan stuff which made it even more fun because i had ppl that i was friends with that would acctually help me out...we would have training sessions every week where we acctually sat down with each other and practiced combos and swoop techniques..THATS y esf was so fun...because of the fact that there was such a steep learning curve that u almost had to find friends to help u out...or to play with on a regular basis to get better...not only was it fun...but it formed freindships that i still have today...

the fact is the game has taken a downhill turn just to make the game noob friendly instead of user friendly (and by noob friendly i mean make it easier for just anyone to pick up and play)...the ut2004 comparison was a great example..that game by no means is easy when u first get it...but u learn the tactics that help u survive and u get better with time...the only difference here is that ppl pay for ut2004 so they arent just gonna say..omg i cant play this game its too hard..this game is free so its easy for someone to just drop because they cant play it right off hand...

Best answers
Well, I myself also play ESF from the old Alpha's (which isn't important right now) and I must say that the best periods were the Beta 1.0 and the 1.1 with the simple melee.

I wasn't part of the 1337 players, not even by a long shot, but I knew some tricks and tactics which I could use to battle against other players that were just above average. It was fun to play that way because you had a challenge to play. I played the 1.2 for about 2 months I think and it bored the hell out of me.
When you went into advanced melee you would just have to simply tap buttons and hope that you guess the good one when you get a multi-arrow. That is just too lame because the most n00by player would be able to strike down on you and own you inside out ... what have all those months of practice been for then? Why did you play the game that long to get ass-whooped by someone who just downloaded and installed the game? => For no reason, that's why the more experienced players just stop.

I also remember the first time I played ESF 1.1. I think it was against Lynx who owned me so bad that I got so irritated after a while. Because of that I asked him how he did that and he just answered: "Practice and talent."
I was so impressed by his skill that from that moment on I kept playing and playing, eagerly wanting to become as good as him. THAT is wy people play games, to become the best. And they don't want to get their ass-whooped by newbies when they are at the top. I don't think that that was the smartest thing you could've done ESF-team.

Best answers
really the only things that i saw needed fixing in 1.1 was the way head ons were handled and the lock on system...

the ideal 1.2 (for me and this is only my opinion) would have been to fix those two problems..maybe make it so that the person who swooped first (or longest whichever worked better) got the hit...it would promote playing instead of just sitting there and waiting for your opponent...and it would tie in well with the no lock swoop and chain swooping too...and add the things that came with 1.2...the adv melee...the wall jumping...the textures..the attacks etc....that way both types of melee are there...both sides of the melee spectrum are happy...and it makes for a more interesting game...i mean...who wouldnt wanna melee someone like u used to be able to in 1.1...tele above them like u used to...and throw them down...or even go into adv melee b4 u sent them hurtling back to earth...to me that would be WAY more fun than what we have now

it could also be seen this way too...ppl that first play the game will want to use 'adv' melee because it gives them a good chance to acctually get some hits in...whereas the pros will be able to use 'simple' melee or even be able to combine the two like i mentioned above...that way its not as extremely dificult while ppl are learning the controls...and its not so extremely dull for the ppl that have been playing a while

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Head-ons should be a stalemate. If anything, either copy budokai 3 and make them punch each other a bunch of times (without causing any damage) and then get knocked back or just keep the current head-on minus the damage.

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
Walljumping is to slow as it is now, imo u shouldn't hold a key so u will jump further, why not make it so that if you double click on a wall makes u jump of a wall with HIGH SPEED.This will take more ki then walljumping does now. Advanced melee just sucks, arrow pressing is not fun whatsoever. I like the special combo's however they should be implemented but not if you get som directions right =/

Best answers
I'm glad to know that I'm not the only one who thinks this way but now the question is, will the team change it? if so, when?

King of the Hello Kitty Fanclub
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I bet they do nothing but bug fixes in 1.2.2 I don't know if they'll change anything in 1.3.

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
to begin with i loved the whole 1.2 thing, it had everything, but the better i got the more i wanted to dominate players with teleport and swoop tricks... Personaly, i think they should extend the knock back, and keep the 2 hit combo max sort of the same, but it would be harder to do with a quicker and longer knockback, after that i have a few idea's how it could go >_> :

after you hit them twice back, and you telport to them again, if they have anough ki and hold block and aim at you wen your about to hit them (so angles would get round this), they grab you, and you throw you with one twist of their body in a direction they look at, you take damage depending on what you hit yourself against or non at all. However you can only do this after the second smack, and the defending player needs enough ki to swing you around, if they dont have quite enough to throw (about 1/4 of a bar, pl dependant) but they have enough to block, they take no damage from the hit but their knockback gets increased in length again (so hitting against walls will hurt but not gettin hit in the first place). If you're good enough you can avoid their block and smack them around like 1.1 all over again =D

This would solve 2 problems with lengthy teleport combo's both players have input, but its truely dependant on skill rather than just learning how to dominate a player with teleports and punches... and no i dont mean that 1.1 combo's took no skill just saying that it would be harder this way, which is what all the skilled players want.

Also i think that advanced melee should be available after hitting someone backwards, but cut the prepunches in half (so you cant just spam prepunch after hitting someone)

I dunno these are all work in progress ideas but i think they could satisfy both 1.1 and 1.2 fans, lemme know what you think

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom