Cartoon Network Goes... MMO?

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Li C. Kuo said:
It was bound to happen sooner or later. The Cartoon Network and Grigon Entertainment have become the first partnership between an American entertainment company and a Korean game developer to make a worldwide MMO. At least, that's what a press release sent out today by the popular television network claims. The plan is to have the subscription-based game ready for a free download in spring 2008. Mac and Bloo, Ben 10, and other characters from the Cartoon Network will appear in the game. Like other MMOs, this title will have an expanding, persistent world where you can collect items, develop your own attributes, and create your own character. So far, no official title for the game has been announced and few details about the game itself have been revealed. However, the Cartoon Network looks like its in this for the long haul. Today's announcement says that the network plans to regularly add new content to the game "over a span of several years."
Source: http://pc.gamespy.com/articles/719/719719p1.html

Discuss!

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Rofl.

I bet it'll be geared towards 6 year-olds and be horrendously lame with nary a thing but mindless grinding.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Bah, and i thought that they ran out of ways to squeeze money from the children (especially their parents >_>).

Best answers
What's it about? just walking around like "I'm a cartoon character yay!" It'll probably be a little kids thing. If toonami made an mmo that'd be better because they have fighting and stuff. It's most likely going to be stupid. Do little kids even play mmo's besides that toontown one that's the first little kid one i've heard of.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It says "Cartoon Network" and not "Adult Swim."

So it will be all crap.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
LOL, it will probable have SOME action, remember Megas XLR and Samurai jack? ROFL, I wouldn't play this even if it was the last thing to do...heh, but atleast they try, not that they will get much out of it.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It depends on who else is gonna be in the game.

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
I dislike Cartoon Network anyway. They've changed to cable tv few years ago, thanks to that. I couldn't watch cartoon network anymore! :(

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If you gotta pay

nooooooooooo way.

if you dont, hell yeah.

I'd love to play with mac and bloo on their wacky and crazy adventures!

but they better include some samurai jack ****.

Best answers
I laughed, then I realized that they were serious o_O then I laughed some more.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Oh, in South Africa they call it DSTV, but I think our Cartoon Network isn't the same as all of yours, well atleast I think so, luckily I can watch it, but I watch the music channels and others more anyway, but we just have to wait for more news about this MMO and see what happens.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Cartoon Network showed DBZ at several points...any chance of that? o_o

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
This game will most likely be crap. As already said, this game will most likely be based around kiddy content.

Although, the Teen Titans might be kinda interesting, if they do a good job of it.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ravendust said:
Cartoon Network showed DB since I was 7 years old and they still show it. :scared:

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ravendust said:
This is just one more step to a DBZ MMO game...One can hope ='(

But the majority of the people who will be targeted...Can they handle an online game maturely?

Best answers
It'll be like the community of cs mixed with the community or WoW..... if they don't have mute....*shudders

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
So, possibly a Kingdom Heart style MMO conglomerate of licensed Cartoon Network cartoon characters?

I got to say, unless they push the game play limit in the MMO genre, good luck with this Ted Turner.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom