capped limits on beam explosions

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i reckon there need to be capped limits on how big explosions from beams get

put it this way

u have a player in the server with a high pl , other people in the server just joined or are ethier same strength , people can just go up to the top or the map and charge a beam and detonate , killing every1 in the server regardless of there pl or what they are doing. I Have also noticed that if u are 5mil and there are about 7 people in the server that beam explosions just rack up to high levels

there needs to be limits on explosions from beams for fair play , sure u could kill 1 or 2 people doing this with new limits , but not the whole other team or every1 in the server all the time just to increase your frags

crits/comments ?

Best answers
well every time you die you would have more pl from being killed so i guess it eventually balances out because hes explosion size would eventually decrease...so yeah kinda unessasary :p

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
well the beams are made so that if you have a lot more PL than the average server's PL is the explosions are map nuckers and the closer you are to the average PL the smaller the explosions are at average they are the same size as if you are the only one on the server if you are way under that PL thera are very small explosions going twards zerro but you have to be a lot under the average PL for that :laff:

Best answers
Thus why I liked Sonic's idea of the beam modification. No real explosion and you have to actually hit some one with it..

The Krazy One
✔️ HL Verified
🎈 Advanced
Best answers
There is already something implemented that is almost exactly like what you're suggesting. It's when you're in a power struggle, all the beams strengths (Except generic), are capped to a certain point, so they won't get too strong when in a struggle. As for nuking the map with a beam. Well players can only do that maybe 3-4 times, before the averaging off all the players powerlevel kicks in. Then the beam detonations won't be so massive for the high powerlevel player. So there really isn't no point in capping it. :\

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
yes , but not all server have got get pl closer to servers average on death turned on.

it's just me , i think map nuckers are to pussie to play fairly (sure , it's nice to have a little bit of fun with it once or twice , i do it once or twice , but think about someone just constantly doing it , i had avergae pl on death with bots , and i could always do it even if there pl did rise)

but then again , if some one on a online server who loves to explode the map all the time , the admin of the server could kicked him if he'd want

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom