Can't find ESF

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
I bought Half Life and ran it for a while so it could unpack then I installed the 'open beta: final' and now i can't find it so i cant play. :cry:
PS: I'm sure I installed everything correctly.

Red Saiyan Mod
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🌟 Senior Member
Best answers
You probably have to uninstall the other one first. Or simply change the path to where it's being installed to.

Red Saiyan Mod
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🌟 Senior Member
Best answers
Well it still goes to your steam/halflife where ever. but change the esf folder name to esf1 or something of the sort.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
It wont let me select any folder to install it, even the one i made.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If you cant click the install button, then simply open Half Life and play 5 minutes of that. Should fix the issue. STEAM doesnt imediately unpack all files related to HL and the installer cant find them and thus wont install.

NOT IN THE MANGA™
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Simply launching Half-Life and exiting it has always worked for me. (With a wooden computer even.)

Red Saiyan Mod
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🌟 Senior Member
Best answers
Dont worry gentlemen, phrack hath saved the day. I resolved his problem via steam msger.
For some reason or another his half-life was installed in the common folder. He simply had to change the installation path.
In other news, none of the ESF servers are showing up for me this morning. I thought that was rather strange.

Swag
🌈 Beta Tester
👮 Moderator
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🌟 Senior Member
Best answers
What has worked for me is not playing it 5 minutes or launching it, but go to ANY random server and download ONE file, and thus the folders will be created. Then you can safely install ;) Remember to update ur half life to beta by going to properties on half life and the beta tab and select beta beta before u install so ur files go to the right folder :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom