Cannot Join Friends Server

Best answers
I apologize if i should have put this in a thread, but none seemed to fit my problem.

My problem, exactly, is that i cannot join either of my friends games, and one of them cannot join mine or the others. I filter for ESF games, then click Add Server and type (well, copy) their IP's, and click OK. I wait, and eventually the server loads up on screen and im free to choose it, but when i try to join the game, it times out and tells me it cannot connect to the server. My friend also gets the same error.

I have a 56K, and they both have broadband, if that means anything. My friends and i have the same ISP, again, if that means anything.

If anybody could tell me what they think the problem might be and a way to fix it, all of us would greatly appreciate it.

Best answers
you and your friends have the SAME isp but you have 56k and the other 2 have broadband?? ;/

Anyway. I hope you arent all using the same HL CD key or CS CD key becasue that would be tha problem. Make sure no one has firewall on that could also be a reason.

Best answers
Well, it's the same company, but they both have BB and i have the dial-up package, so yeah.

Im begging for BB but it's not happening -_-

Um..we're not using the same CD keys or anything, we already checked that.

We somehow got it workin with me hosting the game (my poor 56K is probably dead) so i think everything is working (hope).

We'll see.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
is the other person on a firewall?

if yes do they have the right ports open for hl to work

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom