Candy Beam

Best answers
Ignore me if this is a really dumb idea BUT
Wouldn't it be interesting (for lack of a better word) if Buu had a actual Beam for candy beam ... like that can be controlled and everything ... a chargeble one
Weird , but (And i know this is not ESF GT) I've seen Uub pull it in GT , Ps'ing with a candy beam ... so if your opponent lost , they'd be candy...
And i mean making Candy beam into just a beam , a normal beam ... say mid range power , but if you kill someone with it , there candy.

Comment as you wish , just a thought.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'd prefer it like this but without a charge, exactly like it is in the show, there's nothing wrong with using GT as a reference seeing as it's a DBZ move.

-Instant, no charge
-Longer length, about 80 units (I think it's currently 40 units)
-Fixed damage to PL, if Buu had 2,000,000PL it would do 2dmg per sec regardless of the opponents PL (don't flame this just yet)
-Medium beam speed, slightly slower than a Final Flash, rather than an instant beam
-Sprite of pink electricity that moves erratically but generally in a straight line, lending it it's slow movement rate.
-Unsteerable, moves with the recticle (like it does now)
-Struggle-able, because it's now a real beam. Because it'll be the weakest beam in ESF, it's easy to lose a PS with it.
-On winning the struggle, they become a dessert of your choosing
-On losing the struggle, you become a dessert of their choosing, and they can eat you.

I think this would be better because Candy Attack wouldn't just be used as a way of draining HP, you'd only want to risk using it if your opponent has low HP (shown via scouter PL), it also makes it a lot more like the show, which, as always, i'm all for.

King of the Hello Kitty Fanclub
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
No way! Candy is effective enough as it is. A controllable, non charge beam will over do it. If you want to control the beam just move Buu's head, and definetly don't increase the range.

Best answers
Ravendust said:
I'd prefer it like this but without a charge, exactly like it is in the show, there's nothing wrong with using GT as a reference seeing as it's a DBZ move.

-Instant, no charge
-Longer length, about 80 units (I think it's currently 40 units)
-Fixed damage to PL, if Buu had 2,000,000PL it would do 2dmg per sec regardless of the opponents PL (don't flame this just yet)
-Medium beam speed, slightly slower than a Final Flash, rather than an instant beam
-Sprite of pink electricity that moves erratically but generally in a straight line, lending it it's slow movement rate.
-Unsteerable, moves with the recticle (like it does now)
-Struggle-able, because it's now a real beam. Because it'll be the weakest beam in ESF, it's easy to lose a PS with it.
-On winning the struggle, they become a dessert of your choosing
-On losing the struggle, you become a dessert of their choosing, and they can eat you.

I think this would be better because Candy Attack wouldn't just be used as a way of draining HP, you'd only want to risk using it if your opponent has low HP (shown via scouter PL), it also makes it a lot more like the show, which, as always, i'm all for.

I'd think of something to add to that but that just what I was thinking , only you worded it better and yes Chargeing would be dumb...

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Not a good idea, do you have any clue how people that love Buu in the game plays right now? They rely on the candybeam so they can leech life! If this was given to him, he'd be practically unstoppable! Twice the range?! Are you out of your mind?! Sigh, Buu is already strong. As Pain said, "Don't fix what isn't broken".

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
OK as an addition to that, making it completley unsteerable would be fine, rooting Buu to the spot. That way he's vunerable if someone dodges the beam and it compensates for the extra range and lack of charge. I don't think he steered the beam or moved while firing in the show, so it would be pretty much identical.

Best answers
buu is perfect how he is
... with the exception of the healing being horribly slow (its almost not even worth it to waste 5 minutes to regain full hp... stationary...vulnerable)
yeap, just fine :)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ravendust, Buu does NOT need longer range, as that would give an incredible advantage. You know how the Buu users actually use candy beam? They wear the person out of ki, slam him/her into a wall or ground, then they just suck the life out of them! If the range was improved, someone could simply punch you into a wall, or just throw you into the air while swiftly switching to candy beam! You know how fast that thing works if used correctly?!?!

I've lost to many people who use that strategy, and ONLY because of that strategy.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ravendust, Buu does NOT need longer range, as that would give an incredible advantage. You know how the Buu users actually use candy beam? They wear the person out of ki, slam him/her into a wall or ground, then they just suck the life out of them! If the range was improved, someone could simply punch you into a wall, or just throw you into the air while swiftly switching to candy beam! You know how fast that thing works if used correctly?!?!

I've lost to many people who use that strategy, and ONLY because of that strategy.
and how would it make it easier for the people that is using that strategy to get a kill it would just be the same thing anyway knock you to the ground teleport next to you and use candy for a couple of seconds then repeat as needed but you should be able to effectively use it in midair so i agree with ravendust it should be longer

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Not to mention, if the beam is an actual beam that only does 2mg, it will be one of the weakest attacks in ESF unless it is held onto a person for a long time, meaning it's easily strugglable. If you see the candy beam heading your way then 1 weak Genball would be enough to struggle it, and then during the struggle, firing another into the first would win the struggle meaning Buu turns into a chocolate/candy/donut and you can eat HIM for extra PL/HP, so this move would be used sparingly.

Also, you wouldn't be able to explode the beam, you'd have to wait for it to stretch it's full length or hit something before regaining control, which leaves Buu very vunerable. So the additional length is a double-edged sword in this respect.

Best answers
Ravendust said:
Not to mention, if the beam is an actual beam that only does 2mg, it will be one of the weakest attacks in ESF unless it is held onto a person for a long time, meaning it's easily strugglable. If you see the candy beam heading your way then 1 weak Genball would be enough to struggle it, and then during the struggle, firing another into the first would win the struggle meaning Buu turns into a chocolate/candy/donut and you can eat HIM for extra PL/HP, so this move would be used sparingly.

Also, you wouldn't be able to explode the beam, you'd have to wait for it to stretch it's full length or hit something before regaining control, which leaves Buu very vunerable. So the additional length is a double-edged sword in this respect.
However the origonal Candy beam isn't broken as said before , so maby this could be a alternate attack function of Candy beam.

Maby not the most important point ever but I still think it should be about considerd

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom