Candy Beam attack

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I was thinking...Buu's candy attack is more like an energy wave rather than a tiny short ranged multi-hit attack. Not to mention its spammed to no end when someone is lying helplessly on the ground and buu puts on turbo and starts to candy away, making a pl boosting donut time after time.

So I thought of a way to keep candy, but prevent it from being a nasty spam attack thats multi-hit on people who are helpless to it. After watching the show, I noticed Buu's candy attack is a small beam with the range of any beam attack. But because its a 1-hit kill in the show, it would be rather unfair in the game...so here's my idea.

Make the candy attack into a small beam attack. Perhaps half-the size of a generic beam and half the power. It can be charged up to raise the power and controlled like a normal beam, but it wouldn't be a horrible multi-hit attack for people to use on helpless people flat on their face with half-HP (when used correctly, candy can take away a major chunk of HP and possibly kill you, given buu's power and if you're helpless on the ground)

With this method, not only will candy be spammed less, but it will have a more realistic approach. And it could be a sort of finishing move since the opponent only becomes candy when all HP is lost.

So what do you think?

Best answers
Yeah, I like it, but I don't use buu very often. It might work well in the game.

Best answers
it will keep buu from being the uber-spam char,
and givr him a good change. sadly, i havent seen any buu users on any server and that should give him the "thing" he so needs.

Best answers
but... it cant be blocked right? then i think it would be a little confusing if u see a beam and thinks its a generic beam and then u try to block but when it hit u it just explode or whatever it does... that would be rather confusing, and a STRONG advantage of using this attack :S

Best answers
Son Asid said:
but... it cant be blocked right? then i think it would be a little confusing if u see a beam and thinks its a generic beam and then u try to block but when it hit u it just explode or whatever it does... that would be rather confusing, and a STRONG advantage of using this attack :S
It should look a hell of a lot different, like in DBZ it looks way different.

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Im thinking hes doing something like Alpha 2 Frieza lazer.

He means CHARGE the laser like a beam, and then release.

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well as of 1.2 its damage is reduced if you are tumbling through the air or lying on the ground so it isn't going to be something people can use on you when you're at 2/3rds max health and just stunned. At the same time you get up a lot faster in 1.2 than 1.1, so it's a more tactical and less spammable attack.

Buu has been scaled down a bit in 1.2 because he was just too powerful before, and with the new melee system he just had too much of an advantage. I do sort of agree that it'd be better as a chargeable attack though.

Best answers
Yeah his candy beam is a bit too spammish at the moment with its limited range and unblockablity.
So i do agree to this idea :) I think it should be blockable though, so only if they are caught offguard may the candy beam do its damage. (and turn them into candy at low health)
Also would it be powerstruggleable? If it was, winning the powerstruggle with the candybeam would bring up the candy menu and turn them into candy?
It'd certainly add some range to the attack.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
wow. twice my ideas have been liked ^_^

I should brainstorm some new things later...perhaps figure out a good way to use frieza's Death Wave or something....hmmm....

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom