Can you change experience rate ?

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Hi all.

I would like to edit how much experience/power increase you get when you hit/kill some one to make my games a little faster.

Not sure if how easy that would be to edit ?

Thanks for any help and sorry if I asked in the wrong section.

Cheers.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Not possible without AMXX scripting and changing the game though that.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
I think it could be possible to change your current powerlevel on a non-dedicated langame with a hexeditor. Never tested it though.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I think it could be possible to change your current powerlevel on a non-dedicated langame with a hexeditor. Never tested it though.
The PL is hardcoded into the DLL files. No hex editor change that. If you want to change it you have to intercept the commands between the mod DLL and the game engine and then switch them out with your own code. Essentially what AMXX does.

HL does not create temporary value files when its running so a hex editor wont help you at all in this case.

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm not entirely sure if this works with the open beta, but mp_plcatchup 1 might help. It might also make you hate the game. It basically takes everyone's powerlevel on the server and determines the average. Then whenever someone dies, their powerlevel moves a bit closer to the server average. This does two things - It allows people who can't quite kill anyone get enough powerlevel to transform, but it also is pretty infuriating for people who are on the top end of the server average.

If you want to try it out, open up console [press the button to the left of the 1 key] and type

mp_plcatchup 1

mp_plcatchup 0 turns it off.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom