Can someone explain this feeling of entitlement and "waiting"?

Eon

TeeHee
Banned
Best answers
For the most part I still stick around because I e-grew up with a few of the people still roaming here, had a good relationship with the staff and the devs and whatnot. It'll be awesome when the game comes out, but I can take it or leave it. Honestly if they never release the game I've still been content just seeing videos of what they've done with the engine and whatnot. I just hope the team doesn't end up burning themselves out t on game developing and would love to see the devs make their own project not involving copyrighted characters.

Discord Member
Best answers
For the most part I still stick around because I e-grew up with a few of the people still roaming here, had a good relationship with the staff and the devs and whatnot. It'll be awesome when the game comes out, but I can take it or leave it. Honestly if they never release the game I've still been content just seeing videos of what they've done with the engine and whatnot. I just hope the team doesn't end up burning themselves out t on game developing and would love to see the devs make their own project not involving copyrighted characters.

Interesting indeed, I would also like to see any game the devs work on after ESF. It probably won't be a fighter (or it might) but I'm saying it now.. take my money

Eon

TeeHee
Banned
Best answers
Yea pretty much. If they can bend an ancient engine that's pretty innovative. I'd totally put money down on any kickstarter project they'd start up.

โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
I am surprised it has taken this long, but they owe me nothing. Who am I to criticize them for taking long? What suggestions should I give them? "Work faster for free"? "Stop spending time with your girlfriend"? "Stop enjoying that new video game/hanging out, you should be working on ESF for free"? I don't think we have the place for that. It'd be mean if they let it die but they have advanced a lot, slowly, but a lot, with strong promise.

Death from Above
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
Yea pretty much. If they can bend an ancient engine that's pretty innovative. I'd totally put money down on any kickstarter project they'd start up.
Agreed

Force Pit Member
Best answers
If there is one thing I would back up on Kickstarter, it's something that is related to the ESF Team! Easily!

sub

๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
Funimation would put a stop to that Kickstarter. If not them, then Kickstarter themselves would stop it.

Which is a shame. It'd probably be a big hit on Kickstarter.

Death from Above
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
Funimation would put a stop to that Kickstarter. If not them, then Kickstarter themselves would stop it.

Which is a shame. It'd probably be a big hit on Kickstarter.
Sub, The team as an after project

Not ESF itself

Best answers
Could YOU do it faster?

Go gather a team and see how fast you can make a mod, I'll wait.

Oh, and be sure it uses the half-life engine to make it look like a next-gen game.

I'll wait, really, I'll go follow your mod until it dies a painful death if it's interesting enough, I've got nothing to lose since you would be doing all the work.

I'm not losing a thing.
It would be pretty stupid for me to start a mod that uses the Half Life 1 engine now.
It wouldn't unreasonable in 2001 - in fact it would be a great idea, and if there was an existing base on which to build it would be silly to switch to source the moment it came out. But in retrospect maybe that would have been better, who knows. It's kind of irrelevant now.

But stretching a dated engine, while kinda cool, isn't something you'd set out to do in the beginning.

ESF Old Timer
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐ŸŒŸ Senior Member
Best answers
There is 1 thing I dont understand its more if they even realise that the current team is just standing for what 2 a 3 years??
I think loads has changed since then. We cant watch back for 10 years ago when another team was working on it.
Like since 2010 a new team is there and working hard and all with great potential.
For me this new version in development is only 2 years old since the open beta because to much has changed since then.
ESF came more or less with a new concept what improved many things from the early beta's.
Also many of the old codes are replaced and how much many that is Raven can tell you better.
All I know is the team are doing there best to finish the new version as soon as possible but want to be sure the version they will release will not crash every 5 min, and input all the things what they want to put in.
Sometimes new ideas come up that will improve the game even more and more. Those things takes time.
So sit back and enjoy the ride :D

crazy love "ESF" player
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐Ÿ‚ Regular
Best answers
I waiting for 4 year ๏ผ
So?

โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
Best answers
It would be pretty stupid for me to start a mod that uses the Half Life 1 engine now.
It wouldn't unreasonable in 2001 - in fact it would be a great idea, and if there was an existing base on which to build it would be silly to switch to source the moment it came out. But in retrospect maybe that would have been better, who knows. It's kind of irrelevant now.

But stretching a dated engine, while kinda cool, isn't something you'd set out to do in the beginning.
I think this is your first non-aggressive post, congratulations.

Only go forward sideways
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐ŸŽˆ Advanced
Best answers

Then by all means, please start making a standalone mod of DBZ using Unity....

Freelance Mappzor
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
In the beginning HL1 was the shit and everyone and their grandmother was modding it. This mod is just a relic of that past. The mentality was always "live and die on HL1" the current upgrades for HL1 are just a sign of newer technologies being used.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom