can my comp support 1.2?

Best answers
To answer the original poster....

Yes you CAN play ESF 1.2, but be wary that if you want to use Steam, your processor will need to be changed, as it is VERY slow. I'm sure a Celeron of around 1.2-1.4 gHz won't be so expensive nowadays.

And having a good processor is good for teh OS....mmmmmm 2.4GHz goodness for me XP.....:D

@Nemesis : Upgrade ASAP, ESF 1.2 will slow down to a crawl with those specs. Might run at 5-10 fps if I guestimate with your specs.

@SaiyanPrideXIX : That would be correct if someone doesn't start a 12 player server and have players set off beam explosions every 2 seconds. Hopefully that doesn't happen.

Best answers
Half-Life runs perfect on my system... only thing I'm worrying about is a little problem I'm having with Steam: every minute or so the screen freezes for a sec, which can be quite annoying in mid-battle...

Sound Artist
Best answers
It's not the sprites that lag so much, it's all the map models and character models flying around.

@Fire Phoenix. If you want the BEST, Radeon X800 Pro 256 MB, that'll run you 478$
A decent card is the Radeon 9700 Pro 128 MB, which i have. That's about 165$.
Radeon is usually a step ahead of Geforce, that 9700 Pro will beat most of their cards. However Ati's drivers usually arent very friendly (or so i've heard) But i haven't had any problems. Look for something with atleast 128 MB ram with 8x AGP. Bewarned, in the near future cards will be using Pci Express (PCX) which will eliminate the use of AGP ports.

Best answers
I'm doubting that. People won't just up and ditch the 8x agp for PCI-X when nothing really needs that much bus bandwidth. It won't offer up much more in terms of graphics. that seems to still depend on the card.

4x to 8x, not a big advantage either since most cards don't use that much bandwidth yet.

It's mainly for HD TV and HD gaming.

I'll give it another year to year and a half before anyone even really cares.
I even heard that it'll be expensive since you'll have to trash your current MotherBoard just to get one with PCI-X. F that.

While in 2 years it might be all the rave right now it's nothing to think about.

(just in case i'm wrong, someone correct me)

As for buying a card just wait untill the x800xt comes out then shop around for a 9800XT since the price should drop and it's still a great card.

Best answers
serg said:
yo..i was wondering if my comp can support beta 1.2 i got

Windows Xp Professional

Service Pack 1

Intel Celeron Processor

597 MHz

192 MB of RAM

Geforce 2 MX 400/400

MSI MAinBoard

please tell me if i can support it..;)
:devgrin:

i feel srry for u man that suxs. U should run it off won steam is *** it kicked me off saying my own cd-key was registered by someone else even though i have case and box

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
ok so ill get the radeon. is it easy to install? like i wont have trouble with it will i? i can afford it. thats not the problem its the instalation. i dont need to screw up my computer.

[EDIT]
I'll see how my esf 1.2 runs on my computer before i go out and buy it. because if my comp can run it with average performance, i wont complain. my only real problem is that sometimes steam can freeze up for a second or 2

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
what do you mean more ram? what does ram have to do with anything? (not trying to be mean, i just dont understand too much about ram and stuff :p)

Best answers
Yeah, I have that freezing problem too, and I've got 512 MB of RAM. So either Steam sucks up RAM like crazy (which I doubt) or RAM has got nothing to do with it.

Best answers
Hmm well , lucky i never had fps problems with HL Engine games/mods im actually got an amd barton 2500+ and 512 mb ddr ( 333 ) and my heart ^^ the radeon 9800pro 256 ddr2 ... now im poor but no fps problems :D , well if you see a dude with a good comp sitting under a bridge , its me ~

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Fire Phoenix said:
ok so ill get the radeon. is it easy to install? like i wont have trouble with it will i? i can afford it. thats not the problem its the instalation. i dont need to screw up my computer.

[EDIT]
I'll see how my esf 1.2 runs on my computer before i go out and buy it. because if my comp can run it with average performance, i wont complain. my only real problem is that sometimes steam can freeze up for a second or 2
Well, i got a Radeon 9200, since i couldn't afford to get something real fancy, but the 9200 runs it great. If you have the money to spare, go for the others though (9200 cost about £70)
Its simple to install, you'll just need an AGP slot in your pc, you then just slide and screw it in, turn the pc on and install the driver given on the disk that'l come with the video card. Simple.

JTR

Best answers
What is a GOOD fps... Mine i think is about 70-80...

My system:
P4 2.4
512 DDR Ram
Saphire ATI Radeon 9500 pro

(+ just ordered 1 GB extra ram... My BF1942 was lagging a bit :D)

Best answers
JTR said:
What is a GOOD fps... Mine i think is about 70-80...

My system:
P4 2.4
512 DDR Ram
Saphire ATI Radeon 9500 pro

(+ just ordered 1 GB extra ram... My BF1942 was lagging a bit :D)
You should've gotten a better graphics card because that's what's holding ur framerate down in BF... 512MB is enough for BF to run perfect, 768/1024MB might be needed to run Desert Combat perfectly (with a lot of players). So that 1GB extra is a waste of money.

Best answers
FirePhoenix all you have to do is open up the case, take out your old card. You can see if it's in a black slot, i'm assuming you have a AGP slot. Put it in screw the back of it and start it up, install the drivers and your set. This was probably bad explanation, just go look for a guide, it's really easy. Building a computer is a pain.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom