Can i someway play offline ? (with frends and bots)

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
Then you have a problem. You could always ask on the Steam Forums for a way. Since there is no game story nearby, the only way is to find a way to pay online. There is no way how ever you will get help here to play Earth's Special Forces without Steam. Earth's Special Forces has been made for steam, if you attempting to play it how ever without steam. All you will get are problems, errors, and loads of bugs.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
yea, it's not illegal to play esf through hl without steam, it's just very buggy and stuff. I have a legal hl cd and play without using steam, but yea, steam is the best, it's even got some updates every now and then that irritate me like hell, lol, not that I know what they are for.

But steam is the best, oh and if you have dial-up maybe, I think you can buy HL, intall it under the steam folder in the rcorrect directory and then activate it, then it will automatically get detected, I think I did that when I registered it online.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ah, if only it were that easy. If he buys Half-Life in a store, it will probably be the old WON version. That's how it is here. So all he'll get is the cd key, he'll still have to download it. Believe me, I've tried it. And without updating Steam at least once, you can't run the game. So, there goes that theory.

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
If he buys Half-Life in a store, it will probably be the old WON version
The idea is to buy the game and use the CD-KEY to Download Half-Life, duh.. :p

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well I think it's kinda unfair. Sure, for some people downloading 400 MB off the net isn't a big deal, but there still are people who use dial-up. Not me of course. So, for those people, you have to buy the game, PLUS you have to wait 8 hours for it to finish downloading, plus your telephone and internet bill. I think it's a rip off. Instead of making a CD that comes complete with Steam and has everything automatically set up, and then you just have to register the cd key and you're playing! So it's a bit of a rip off.

Best answers
Can somebody give me a link for the STEAM FORUM and i see wath can i do :D

Best answers
Wowwowoho oo ...

Who sed it can not be played offline ( I NEW IT CAN BUT I DONT REMEMBER FROM WHERE I GOT THE DISK :p) i found a folder with 6 GB of MODS FOR CS :D !!!

and there it is - ESFocres - can be played offline :D :D :D - I HAVE PLAYED IT BEFORE , but i just didnt remember where was the CD :]

And it has some AWESOME GRAPHIK :D

(SRY FOR MU BAD ENGLISH- i am still 15 year old :smile: )

XEXE thx anyway for the "help"

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
You can play Earth's Special Forces Offline if Steam is in Offline mode. Even though you got it to with not using steam, you will really get problems once v1.3 gets out.

Best answers
xexexe :D:D:D

I dont think so because i have ALL MISSING FILES ! :D:D:D

And 6GB modes :D i am shure that there will be all i need :yes:

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I have over 10 GB of files. And that wouldnt help me jack if i wouldnt have Half Life registered with STEAM >.>

Size is nothing. WON is dead. ESF was made for STEAM And allmost never works on WON or it has lots of bugs.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
True, but he only wants to play offline. And apperantly he got a disk that has files on it that some dude copied off his computer.

But as for WON, it works fine with me. I haven't experienced a single bug with it, except the occasional NetSendPackerError thing. People say I'm lucky. I'm not so sure. I think that they just made a mistake or two when using WON.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
same here ^_^ when we play at lan games esf, i dont use steam to it, i like won much more than steam *gahhhhh the memories*

steam sucks.
i really hope won would make comeback someday

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
That's not gonna happen. Why? Because by playing with WON you'd be able to play the game ILLEGALLY. The game was made to be used with Steam, though it still works with WON but is buggy. The team could make 1.3 be made for WON, but by doing that they too would be breaking the law. Since Half-Life is a requirement for ESF, people could just buy an illegal version of Half-Life and play ESF with it, thus lowering Valve's profits. And lowering their profits is illegal. Get it?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
yes , i get it, but i still want my won back ^_^
atleast when i play it, it doesnt bug at all....
well, i gotta get used to steam : ()

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
WON also has It's bugs even though you may not have noticed it. Steam how ever works just perfectly. You just have to use wisely, even I installed steam and 5 different PC's and updated just smoothly without any problems and even played with a problem. I'd say, if you get steam problems. It's the users fault ^_^.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
hey, i havent got any single problems from steam nor won!
lol, i didnt even mention about steam bugging -_-

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
You did said that Steam "sucked", while It is working just fine. It doesn't "suck" for me.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
yes i said it sucks, cos i dont like steam..
and it works fine

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
People dont like STEAM cause it forced them to buy Half Life XD

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom