Can i Play ESF without Steam?Just for local network

Best answers
can anyone teach me if i only want to play in local area new work...but not online do i need to use steam.if can play without steam,plz teach me the step by step installation thanks!

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I think its possible to use won if you only want to play offline, and never online - you just install halflife as normal, install esf to sierra/half-life/valve/esf and run it - then goto muktiplayer - lan games create game.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah, I'm pretty sure you can play still use LAN. It'll still nag you because your "HL executable is not up to date," but if you just ignore it you can continue.

BTW - The folder will be \Sierra\Half-Life\esf, not \Sierra\Half-Life\valve\esf.

Best answers
first thans for answering..but i still got problem with it..when i double lick the shorcut icon of ESF it show that cant link to the location...what is the problem?Beside that,if i want to download WON..where can i get it?thanks

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
you don't download won - it comes as default when you install halflife.

Pity its down tho :/

Should work for lan games though

if the shortcut cannot link to a location, right click on it and click properties, and make sure it is pointing to your actual hl.exe

Best answers
Hey Starcake....skip the shortcut.
Start HL and select custom game.
Select ESF and then start your LAN game.

Best answers
yeah i finally can play with LAN game...thanks for all who help..one more question..is there any story mode that i can i play in offline?

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
No
The team has given no story line

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
but you can make your own storey mode using superbots along whit normal bots
example
normal bot Vegeta
superbot Frieza
megabot Cell
ultimatebot Buu

there is your storey line ;)

Best answers
Starcake said:
yeah i finally can play with LAN game...thanks for all who help..one more question..is there any story mode that i can i play in offline?
can you please explain to me how you actually where able to install ESF so that you could play ESF on LAN and not Steam

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom