Bubbles `n Blurs

Best answers
nice job but instead of the bubble why dont u guys try using something like an aura( still getting protection from ppl outside of the aura.) I remeber seeing this in a dbz game i was playing. They melee and they suddenly get surrounded by a big aura with is connected to the opponent.

Best answers
this has already been mentioned and PcJoe said he'd consider it with the team

Best answers
OK I don't know if I'm the first to say it(Regardless, I don't care either way.) But this is the BEST damn multiplayer ESF game to be found (I think it far surpasses either of the Budokai games{Single player has to go to either the SNES RPG or the GBA games}) I just need to say that. :shocked: All of the extra features that are being added really enhance the experiance. Keep up the way above average work ESF team! :)

PS. I am just expressing MY opinion. If you disagree that's none of my problem. ;/

Edit: Yes I did mean DBZ multiplayer :D

Best answers
Pcjoe said:
Oh, so you like playing rock paper sicsors? You can get the same thrill by closing your eyes and randomly pressing directions. The one thing we really wanted to stay away is from randomness, we don't want people to smash buttons and win because they're lucky. The way blocking is done will be modified and we will redo the hud, it wont be as easy as it is right now.
tnx for reply, u always do a good job answering questions! but dude, u werent reading the post!

ok, i think u said before that in later versions ure gonna be putting in melee combos for different characters. for eg, when u press left, down, right, with goku he does fancy move which does more damage, that kinda stuff.
i just thought it would be a good idea to be able to predict these moves on the defensive side...
that way leet esf melee'ers who know all the combos for all the chars :rolleyes: would have an upper hand, and it would put a more strategical element to melee, at least think about it

Coder - Harsens sidekick
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
ScavengeR said:
tnx for reply, u always do a good job answering questions! but dude, u werent reading the post!

ok, i think u said before that in later versions ure gonna be putting in melee combos for different characters. for eg, when u press left, down, right, with goku he does fancy move which does more damage, that kinda stuff.
i just thought it would be a good idea to be able to predict these moves on the defensive side...
that way leet esf melee'ers who know all the combos for all the chars :rolleyes: would have an upper hand, and it would put a more strategical element to melee, at least think about it
I know exactly what you ment. You cant "predict" the enemys moves, it's just randomly pressing **** hoping you'll get it right. Like I said before, we dont like to implement random elements, something that you have no chance at improving on isn't too fun.

Best answers
Yeah, it means players will need to have skill to win, and not just blind luck.

Coder - Harsens sidekick
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
*sigh* I don't think you get it, it just wont work out, heh. Blocking stuff ahead of time doesnt give you an advantage, just gives you more of a chance to mess up.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
this is probably a lot of new stuff (coding, anims), but it would be cool to fight 2 people at once, it would take more skill to block em both, but it would be fun.

Best answers
i still dont understand this whole bubble thing....

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
@Option: Plz read the entire thread again...

I think that with the current HL engine, the team wont be able to add 2 vs. 1 melee even if they wanted to.

Coder - Harsens sidekick
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Scruffie said:
No, PCJoe, my post was in agreeance with yours. :S
Sorry, didn't notice o_O

2 vs 1's are possible, just not really worth implementing...

Best answers
Another question.. uh will there be those fist thingys showing ur combos in the game? like in the pic? that maybe should be a cvar for the attacker to practice (not the defender)

Coder - Harsens sidekick
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Warbandit said:
Another question.. uh will there be those fist thingys showing ur combos in the game? like in the pic? that maybe should be a cvar for the attacker to practice (not the defender)
Those fist things will be redone, and it appears on the defenders screen, not the attackers. It's so the defender can block the attackers moves...

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
2 vs 1's are possible, just not really worth implementing...
Er, why? Perhaps you've already tried this inteam and it's just unfeasible from a gameplay standpoint, but from out side of the loop it would seem that 2 vs 1 melee fights would be fun and bring an end to the "odd-man out" complaints.

Coder - Harsens sidekick
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
SA_Gohan said:
Er, why? Perhaps you've already tried this inteam and it's just unfeasible from a gameplay standpoint, but from out side of the loop it would seem that 2 vs 1 melee fights would be fun and bring an end to the "odd-man out" complaints.
I mean code wise, it would take quite a bit of work and we would have to change how quite a few things are handled.

Everyone's Favorite Weirdo :D
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
remember what joe said?
its right.. think about it like this.. the bubble is an indicator to show whos in adv melee.. true everyone cant hit the two fighting.. but remember.. the guys who are fighting have to charge up their attacks..

while we're charging an attack.. you guys can blow us up with a fricken spirit bomb... so adv melee would be pointless..

truee me.. we tried it w/o the bubble.. its hard and it sucks.. they just shoot you so they can get the kill points.. kinda ****ty. SO all that hard work into adv melee was for nothign!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom