BTL - Vegeface!

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I think the USSJ is fine in terms of proportion, the difference is noticable and I imagine moreso in-game when switching between forms. The muscles are well defined which was something I was wondering about because he's not in the figure-hugging catsuit but they seem to have turned out well. Nice work on the hair too, the wider-angle for USSJ hair have been captured perfectly.

So yeah, don't worry about making the arms any bigger. It wasn't 'til the second stage of USSJ that his muscles got fatter than my fattest auntie (and just as slow) anyway. Good job!

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Mkay update time, I edited them all a little here and there, added extra hair for SSJ2 and majin, and added armour for each form ( which was a complete ***** >_>) anyhows, here's some renders, if people want more renders lemme know, i just felt like playing with some typography too =P its not very good, im still a noob at typography, but ive been reading one of David Carsons books lately and was inspired D: Anyhows, here's a bunch of thumbs, the angles arent too great, but it was the best i cud do with how many models i had to render -_-' (btw armoured models have a few less polies me thinks than the buu saga ones)

here ya go:

Best answers
Radical update David, i think I use your Goku models, which i thought were the best, but i see you have more in you, This Vegeta is Bodacious!

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I don't see why you'd waste your time with giving SSJ2 & Majin armor because it doesn't even make any sense. But that's very commendable, I like how you constructed his stance, he looks awesome. A couple things I'd like to mention though, I think his eyes may either be too big or just the wrong shape/style. (I prefer this look:

Kind of gives off that 'unimpressed'/'tough guy'/badass' look)

I think your upper half may be too small in comparison with the legs, especially. I remember Vegeta being fairly short, but I very much prefer the taller & more bulkier look.

I'm not suggesting you follow Kreshi's Vegeta, but I think your Vegeta needs some minor proportion adjustments, in the hip/waist & leg region. The model is looking awesome.

(I'm not so sure about the BTL character designs, it all looks like it's just getting extremely redundant... in the aspect of character skins and whatnot. But hey, you guys are proving to be very committed to this. Good work!)

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
haha, well BTL wants the armoured version (and there's no clothes change allowed -_-') so i had to do it, Personally i just want the buu saga one >_<

Thanks for the crits, i agree that the eyes should be a little smaller, but not quite as small as in the picture you provided. His face is fully animatable, he only has a very simple mouth though. Im gonna try to make the lower body a bit smaller too, but when its rigged to the ESF skele, i doubt it'll be a problem anway, but better to be safe. Only tricky part is, now i have to edit all 10 models >_< lol anyways, what did you mean about btl character designs >_>?

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
This is just nit-picking but on the armored vegetas, the shirt is a more of a turtle neck and not cut off around the bottom of the neck but more like the mid part of it.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
haha, well BTL wants the armoured version (and there's no clothes change allowed -_-') so i had to do it, Personally i just want the buu saga one >_<
BTL wants the armored version, as in the whole team? lol

Actually you know, after another look, I think it all looks somewhat fair I guess. The redundancy I was feeling was coming from Trunks, but I guess it's cool now that I've reviewed it all again, and have seen this nice Vegeta update.

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well, trunks was never finished by growler =\...i shud be making an armoured trunks as an edit from vegeta at some point, though it probably wont be released with BTL, but i'll release it to the public. I still dont get what you mean by redundant >_>? Ive been working on vegeta now for the past 5 or 6 weeks, almost everyday doing something to him. I spent about the same time on goku (probably more) and adult gohan took me a week or two in total. Heh, im a noob modeler =P so slow >_<

And ya i know about the turtle neck =P i just decided that it'd be easier for it to be a bit lower down, basically it wudda been a ***** to get the line straight with the skinmaps :x so i just followed the row of polies, i think it looks better this way too, as some pictures ive seen its quite turtle neck, sometimes it isnt.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i always liked the budokai 2 approach to majin vegeta in armour, like. giving it loads of cracks and scrapes. giving it this really corrupt feel.

2D/3D Artist
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
David this is some work man, I love ;_;
Have'nt seen a good DBZ model for quite some time =]
Ssj2 hair is top-notch, great job on that =] just take into account what nsw316 said about the neck thing.

^_^ cant wait to see that model in some BTL sweetness.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom