BTL Adult Gohan

πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
strange for me it looks like the skin is semi realistic but the eyes are cartoonish.
You have to do the muscles between the eyes and the muscles of the eyebrowns.. <_< lookn good nway.

πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
I love the hair, looks spot on except for one tiny detail...In normal form you've got the hair right but in Mystic the front downward spike hangs the other way, I took some pics to show you what I mean:

Normal (spike + strand hang to the right):

Mystic (spike hangs to the left):

Yeah, like I said, minor, but that's really the only gripe I have :]

β˜… Black Lounger β˜…
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
Tryforce said:
strange for me it looks like the skin is semi realistic but the eyes are cartoonish.
You have to do the muscles between the eyes and the muscles of the eyebrowns.. <_< lookn good nway.
okay, for a start, they arent muscles, they're folds in skin, no human has muscles right inbetween his eyebrows, they do have them above, which create furrows in the brow, but they arent shown in dbz (well they are, badly those slanted describing lines that apear above the eyebrows to describe expresion). I'll test to see what it looks like, but I dont really like those folds they look bad, they did on my goku, and im sure they will on gohan, and they arent always there in the series, only during certain emotions they are shown. Plus im only shading the parts that would be defined in the anime, i mean, the shadowing is all in acordance to how the body shape is, i dont think my style is realistic, or cartoony, i think it fits dbz, because the shading goes in all the right places according to proportion, shape and muscle structure, according to akira toriyama's style.. I try my best anyway :p

You're right about the slant gir, i'll sort it so its not so servere ;) but i have to keep it to make the side view look correct

and about the bang on his head, well, in the manga in some shots its changed, in others it isnt >_> so im gonna flip it over and see what works best =]

Best answers
i dont know im just seeing the face a little too fat.....

πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
looks great man but i think you should maybe change the faces on ssj2 and mystic so he looks a bit different and well angrier or something ^^

πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
I did a dimensions check, it's almost perfectly in proportion, I have a few crits but again they're minor.

Pink = In proportion.
Red = Where the points are.
Blue = Where they should be moved to.

Lower jawline slightly

Lower ears

Scale head horizontally (to make it thinner)

Make the skintone lighter

Anyway, those are my crits, ignore them at your peril :p I tried doing a paintover but it sucked, anyway I hope you get what I mean.

πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
I know it might be a bit more work, but the only difference from the normal and mystic is that little piece of hair, I think you should give him the orange gi for the mystic version. Thats my only crit :p.

β˜… Black Lounger β˜…
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
NightTerror said:
I know it might be a bit more work, but the only difference from the normal and mystic is that little piece of hair, I think you should give him the orange gi for the mystic version. Thats my only crit :p.
they wont let me :(

I'll fix the face a little, but not that drastically >_> because the ref you used is ugleh >_<

βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
but the orange gi is sexy!!!

i would fire them =/

πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
Davidskiwan said:
I'll fix the face a little, but not that drastically >_> because the ref you used is ugleh >_<
SV said the same thing o_o, what's wrong with it :eek:

Best answers
the thing is is that you model is still in 1 position(stright up) and the eyes shouldn't move really when they move there head down a lil is when the eyes get madder just watch gohan fighting cell lol there is alot of it :D

PS: you need to make the SSJ and SSJ2 lighter colors for the yellow power lol

The Viking
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
Maybe you could make the ssj2 hair a little longer to create a little more difference between the ssj and ssj2 models, Right now, they seem to look-a-like a lot.

β˜… Black Lounger β˜…
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
i'll try my best ;) i did actually add a few more spikes, also moved the hair around, made it more evently spaced/more spaced out.

2D/3D Artist
β˜… Black Lounger β˜…
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
here you go, these imo are some of the best drawn adult gohan face:

i think it looks great over all, ssj2 and mystic could use a little more expression to it but it's getting there =]

also >_< a blue gi gohan transforming into a orange gi gohan? as cool as it might sound it'll be weird too =/ think about...mystic isnt the orange gi...gohan could go mystic naked if he wanted to. ;D heh it's true though...

β˜… Black Lounger β˜…
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
thanks for the refs ^_^ they're perfect, i know what you mean about expression but i kinda wanted to keel them expressionless, but i'll change it =P

I dunno, when he was mystic, thats when he had the orange gi, its kinda like... thats what everybody remembers mystic gohan as, plus, his clothes changing to that would make sense, scince kibito did just put them on him like magic, plus hopefully mystic is gonna be perm trans too

2D/3D Artist
β˜… Black Lounger β˜…
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
Davidskiwan said:
I dunno, when he was mystic, thats when he had the orange gi, its kinda like... thats what everybody remembers mystic gohan as, plus, his clothes changing to that would make sense, scince kibito did just put them on him like magic, plus hopefully mystic is gonna be perm trans too
haha ^_^ thats true i guess... we'll have to talk to the rest about it ;D

anyways great work man, cant wait to see more =D

β˜… Black Lounger β˜…
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers

Better :p? time is a factor, scince im gonna redo all ssj forms from this one, i need to know how this looks before i continue

πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
looks good to me, just the neck thing is still there on the side >_<

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom