BS's ending when you hit a wall

Best answers
I'm trying to figure out how easy it would or wouldn't be to make a beam or ball or other blockstruggle not detonate when you're pushed into a wall... I understand not being able to move backwards would make the force harder, but that should just give a boost to the opposing end according to how much or how fast they would be moving should their moving not be blocked.

...Many a time in Dragon Ball Z, in a block struggle, the blocking character is on the ground, and a few times they've been up against a wall, and ended up pushing it back.

What I'm suggesting is a bs's beam or ball should only detonate when you lose the BS meter battle. That way BS's could commence on the ground.

I don't know, maybe it's just me. Input is of course always welcome.

Best answers
I agree 100% on this idea, I was going to post one just like it before I read yours.

Its actualy a problem when your Really Powerful in a game thats been going awile.
Ive Been in 10 mill power, PS with Kamehamehas that Took me from one side of the Map to the Other then Detonated when i was Forced again the Wall(I really hated it cause I was winning Slowly)

It only Makes Sense to fix it.

Best answers
technically the ball has to hit the wall to explode.. next time u are bsing an attack watch ur character, he'll move up and the ball will keep going.....straight into the wall

Best answers
yeah totally agree .. the terrain shouldn't detonate the attack, it should just make it harder for your character to struggle, and gives an advantage to the other player

Best answers
read the outline, crushing damage is already being implemented.

Best answers
...but not necessarily in 1.1. Just making sure no-one gets their hopes up too high.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
well bs have to end somehow doesnt it:rolleyes:

Best answers
this has been suggested so many times, and they are going to put it in somewhere like 1.1 or 2 they already have and idea worked out so yeah

Best answers
Good to know they're already on it. ..It's also good to know that's what they mean by crushing damage. They don't have room in a summary to elaborate on what they mean by each phrase, it's just a reference for the actual team. So it's good to find out myself without bugging them specifically.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I came up with a similar idea to this before.
But what I think is that there should be a diffrent block key
made specifically for beam-to-block struggles. Cause in the show
when they struggle with a beam they dont get in a melee-block
position how they do in ESF. They open their arms and try to push
it back with the pawm of their hands. Like Buu trying to push back
the Spirit Bomb. Or Gohan struggling for his own life against piccolo
in the Garlic Jr. Saga (Piccolo had him up against the wall with a beam)
and Gohan managed to push it back.

Also, Block Struggles would help out more if you were not pushed
to the side almost everytime the beam lands on your block.

Best answers
I like it!
i really found it annoying when i am getting pushed into a wall and then it explodes right when i was going to win the struggle...

I also like the Proud Prince's idea(with the characters blocking with their pawns of their hands), looks much more realistic and matches the DBZ series

Best answers
dont like the Idea of haveing a Second Beam Block Key, But I like the Idea.

Maybe add the animation to a Beam Block Struggle?

Best answers
it would be cool if how it is in the show, when someone blocking a beam hits a wall they start being pushed through the wall.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Originally posted by LastDarkness
dont like the Idea of haveing a Second Beam Block Key, But I like the Idea.

Maybe add the animation to a Beam Block Struggle?
Thats just it, I dont think they can go right to the animation of
a block struggle like the one I suggested. Unless they made some
kinda move prediction where the player model goes into that kinda
block animation just for a beam, But I doubt its possible in HL engine seeing as how I've never seen it before.

It'd just be best if there was a secondary block key.

Best answers
Originally posted by Proud_Prince
Thats just it, I dont think they can go right to the animation of
a block struggle like the one I suggested. Unless they made some
kinda move prediction where the player model goes into that kinda
block animation just for a beam, But I doubt its possible in HL engine seeing as how I've never seen it before.

It'd just be best if there was a secondary block key.
ofcours IT IS possible in the hl engine, the engine is about the graphics, not about how things work .. you can do ANYTHING!!! the whole principle of coding (for HL) is being able changing how things in the game work ...

this has been suggested so many times, and they are going to put it in somewhere like 1.1 or 2 they already have and idea worked out so yeah
son .. don't act like you know everything, you have been here for only less than a month, i have been here before the release of the beta, and havn't seen anyone talking about it ;/

read the outline, crushing damage is already being implemented.
no .. what they are doing is preventing the other players from detonating the beams (i.e. if you are in a struggle and someone walks thru the beam the beam would explode!) so they are removing that, and making only detonate by the terrain (so basically they are confirming that beams will be detonated by terrain
Beams in a bs should only be detonated by the terrain, not by players[done, should be tested]

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
the team wants crushing damage but it aint exactly the easyest thing in the world to get in :rolleyes:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom