Breaking: Disney buys LucasArts

Resting in H.E.L.L
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm actually happy to get some more Star Wars Films. I'm also very curious to see what they're going to do with the video game part of Lucas Arts.

Disney is known to be very aggressive with protecting their IP, though. I hope they don't shut down fan made Star Wars projects.

edit: The following is blatantly stolen from a comment someone made on another website:

http://edge.media-server.com/m/p/c2nj5j33/lan/en
[SUP]^[/SUP] Investor conference call if you want to hear the details [SUP]^[/SUP]
From the call:
They've said that they want to make a new Star Wars film every 2-3 years starting with Episode 7 in 2015. Lucas has hand picked the executive producer.
They are not interested in making other Lucasfilm franchises at this time (ie Indiana Jones)
The deal included ILM and Skywalker Sound Studios.
The deal is 1/2 cash and 1/2 stock purchase (40M new shares) which Disney plans to eventually buy back.
"There are distribution encumbrances with respect to the original films and Fox and with respect to the Indiana Jones films and Paramount." - read: Don't expect any reissues any time soon
They will focus on social/mobile gaming. There is some possibility for console/PC licensing, but they're not focusing on it.
Disney will be keeping George on as a consultant and he is consulting on Ep.7
They think Star Wars has great potential on TV and mentioned Disney XD as a possible home for that content.

Force Pit Member
Best answers
why did lucas just sell his life's work, I mean, isn't it supposed to be worth more than money?

Resting in H.E.L.L
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
All I know is the chances of Jedi Knight 4 being made, or being any good, is gone.

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
All I know is the chances of Jedi Knight 4 being made, or being any good, is gone.
It went from a 2% chance to a 1% chance. Could still happen, but given that they're focusing on casual stuff, I doubt it.

Force Pit Member
Best answers
A new trilogy would be great, but Disney had some pretty big failures, like John Carter of Mars, so I hope they will understand how careful they really need to be with this franchise.

I also hope they will adopt the awesome post episode 6 EU novels, great potential.

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
To be fair, John Carter of Mars could have succeeded, but the premise, story, and movie were all terrible.

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I wanna pwn Kingdom Hearts as anyone. Can #3 come out already please?

Resting in H.E.L.L
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
[video=youtube_share;xUbH1SEsqiE]http://youtu.be/xUbH1SEsqiE[/video]

Force Pit Member
Best answers
there should be a star wars theme park, NOT VADER NEAR ******* CINDERELLA!

The Duke of Juke
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Disney: We want to own every aspect of your childhood.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Yeah ... why would anyone sell his life's work for .... 4 bilion USD.... HOW COULD HE ?!!??! Bastard....

Resting in H.E.L.L
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah ... why would anyone sell his life's work for .... 4 bilion USD.... HOW COULD HE ?!!??! Bastard....

Well the reason so many are pissed is because, he made such a big deal out of it being his "lifes work", and that he saw it as his baby, ect, and all this crap about how it was his and he loves it the most out of everything in his life, and told people he would never "Sell out"

Then he does. Just kinda funny.

It's like a guy, being a huge racist and talking about hating black people and thinking they should all die; then marrying a black girl and leaving the country. Fellow racists are going to obviously be pissed.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Im not sure thats the best example that you gave but yeah I understand what you are saying. Still we are talking 4 b USD. That means that basically, 10 generations down would still have plenty of money to spend.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom