Breaking: Disney buys LucasArts

The Duke of Juke
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah ... why would anyone sell his life's work for .... 4 bilion USD.... HOW COULD HE ?!!??! Bastard....
I think Lucas kind of quit caring even halfway into Return. Elite empire soldiers in body armour being taken out by teddybears with rocks and sharp sticks? Wtf?

Last edited:

Eon

TeeHee
Banned
Best answers
I think Lucas kind of quit caring even halfway into Return. Elite empire soldiers in body armour being taken out by teddybears with rocks and sharp sticks? Wtf?

The Ewoks were the beginning of the end. Also his wife leaving him was the biggest nail in the coffin. If you read the original scripts that Lucas wrote, they are horrible. His wife was the only person who would call him out on his stupid bullshit and tell him to change it. Now he's surrounded by yes-men and no one has the balls to tell him he's a terrible writer. Iconic directory though, but jesus **** the guy can not write a story.

Resting in H.E.L.L
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yes, I read and article about the guy who basically re-wrote the scripts from Lucas's origin for the first two movies and says Lucas was "challenging"

So the first Star Wars movie without said fellow, Return, turned out to be the worst, and it was the first one directed by George Lucas alone.

He's such a hack, it's annoying.

Eon

TeeHee
Banned
Best answers
Yes, I read and article about the guy who basically re-wrote the scripts from Lucas's origin for the first two movies and says Lucas was "challenging"

So the first Star Wars movie without said fellow, Return, turned out to be the worst, and it was the first one directed by George Lucas alone.

He's such a hack, it's annoying.
The Plinkett reviews pretty much nailed it on the head in regards to Lucas. Anytime he's been called out on his movies being cheesy, he would use the cop out "ITS FOR KIDS!!!"

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm psyched for this. I have faith in Disney to get a good director on this and make it fun again the way the original trilogy was sort of fun and light hearted. And then really dark. And then fun again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom