Bots for beta 1.1

Best answers
Does KI bots work with beta 1.1 or they work only with previos versions?

Best answers
I thought they would be included in the installer.

I guess I thought wrong :rolleyes:

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
yeah thats lycos... sorry but whait until masta put them on this site

Best answers
OK witch one do i download theres non that say 1.1

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
heh you need either esf_bot_setup.exe or esf_bot_2.zip :yes:

Best answers
Why is it that when I add bots, they all join the spectator and none of them join a team? I used kibot back in 1.0 and it worked great, but this one I used the ESF_bot_2.zip didn't work. I tried the installer version and it didn't work either. Can anyone tell me what is going on? Thanks!

-BTW I'm playing 1.1 now, not 1.0, and I haven't tried using the 1.0 bots, I uninstalled them.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
ehh thats very odd reinstall everything maybe that helps and how do you add them with the menu ??

Best answers
Yes, I use the menu and everything. I have reinstalled twice now and it stilll has the problem. It puts all of the bots in server, but they are in spectator mode. I was running around the map hoping maybe one was hiding and I found one of the red diamonds, like you'd see above an enemies head sitting on the ground like the bot had been buried or something.... it was very odd. I had this same trouble with the original bot program for 1.0, then I found kibot and it worked just fine. My brother had the same problem with the ESF bot as me, so I know it's not an isolated incident. I also know it wasn't a corrput download because I have gotten the program multiple times on different machines and I STILL am experiencing the same thing.

-Also, Me, does the new kibot work with 1.1? I'm sure your bot program is most excellent. I ESPECIALLY like how you can set the teleport level and melee level, that is VERY nice. But these problems are a real downer, and I'd like to get some play in when I'm not online.

Best answers
do the bots fight back in kibot, coz the program i was using they rarely did anything other than run around. and is there any way to have them all on the other team so they all attack me at once?

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Originally posted by mryeeha
Yes, I use the menu and everything. I have reinstalled twice now and it stilll has the problem. It puts all of the bots in server, but they are in spectator mode. I was running around the map hoping maybe one was hiding and I found one of the red diamonds, like you'd see above an enemies head sitting on the ground like the bot had been buried or something.... it was very odd. I had this same trouble with the original bot program for 1.0, then I found kibot and it worked just fine. My brother had the same problem with the ESF bot as me, so I know it's not an isolated incident. I also know it wasn't a corrput download because I have gotten the program multiple times on different machines and I STILL am experiencing the same thing.

-Also, Me, does the new kibot work with 1.1? I'm sure your bot program is most excellent. I ESPECIALLY like how you can set the teleport level and melee level, that is VERY nice. But these problems are a real downer, and I'd like to get some play in when I'm not online.
hmm very very odd always when i added a bot i used the menu..
have you the cvar real/good teams enabled maybe thats the problem :(
I could send you an ported version that works on esf beta 1.0 if you want so you could check if it works on there.
And what if you add an bot via the console like this:

addbot 1 2 (to add a goku to team good)

maybe thats worth trying i dunno :(

and for Ozymandias:
yep they fight back :yes: you prolly used blade's alpha bot before

Best answers
Hmm... thanks Me, I'll give that a try, if nothing comes of it, I'll mess around with the cvar's a little and see if I can't figure it out.... or perhaps there's something conflicting with the .dll's or something..... I don't know, I've been playing with it all night trying to figure it out, and I'm in the same boat now that I was in when I downloaded the patch earlier. Hehe, ah well.... it's all in the fun right?

Best answers
Ok, so I tried changing the teams to good/real using the cvar... nothin, used console to add bots like you said. It added the bots as usual, but they sat back as spectators.... is there something with the esf .dlls I need to do? In the .dlls directory there is esf.dll and there's the hl.dll (this is in the esf directory btw), am I supposed to nuke the hl.dll when I install the bots? I seem to remember having to mess around with the different .dlls' back with the 1.0 bot... I may be wrong with my recollection though. Anyway, I've pertty much given up for a bit on this. I'm way tired, haven't slept all night and I have a midterm in 3 hours I haven't even begun to study for. Many thanks for your help, I shall return later this evening.

-On a side note, when I take a screenshot, where is the picture saved?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Originally posted by mryeeha
Ok, so I tried changing the teams to good/real using the cvar...
I think he means take the realistic good/evil teams off...

Best answers
I've tried it both ways, ffa, teams, i even tried capture the dragonballs, none of them spawned the bots.

-You see that's my boggle. I have no problem at all filling the server full of bots, they just wont spawn to fight once they're there.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
hmm i just got an idea for this for later releases: make a command that a bot will execute a command bot heh confusing ?

for example you type in console:

botcommand vegeta vegeta

then the bot with name vegeta would take char(or class) vegeta

hope you get it :)
maybe for the patch :yes:

Best answers
Me personally i haven't even had a chance to download 1.1 yet so i am just saying nice bots "me" chat to you on msn sometime hopefully i will get 1.1 can't wait only 56k

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom