Blocking Splash

Best answers
I believe that, while blocking, you should also block splash damage from nearby sources. Maybe to balance it out a bit, it deals ki damage. One of the more annoying things about the current system is that blockstruggling is not really useful. Who's going to waste Ki and give their opponent a chance to knock it back when they can just blow it up in their face, crippling them?

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I believe that, while blocking, you should also block splash damage from nearby sources. Maybe to balance it out a bit, it deals ki damage. One of the more annoying things about the current system is that blockstruggling is not really useful. Who's going to waste Ki and give their opponent a chance to knock it back when they can just blow it up in their face, crippling them?
If you block you get hurt less by splash damage now. And in 1.2.3 also. So idea is in.

Best answers
erm...

Then it needs to be taken further. I was blocking, saw an attack blow up in front of me...about 70 damage.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Without block it would kill you XD

Block affects splash a bit. But not much ^^

So yea should be tweaked a bit.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I like it, and that's a problem that's definitely annoying. Perhaps it deals damage to ki or stamina first, and whatever isn't absorbed by one of those is channeled into health. That way it'll put responsibility for any damage taken into the hands of the defending player (if they've been managing ki well)

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If you ask me. If splash damage is blocked it should take it off your KI pool and do almost 0 HP damage. Since you blocked ^^

But that only if you are facing towards the beams explosion point. Than it takes KI first if you don't have enough of that it takes stamina as well and if even that runs out HP. KI and stamina damage should be equal to the HP damage you would take if you didn't block.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom