Blocking Explosions

Best answers
I think you should take no (or at least less) damage from an explosion if you are blocking and looking towards it. Otherwise there is no possibility to avoid damage from someone who detonates his beam directly in front of you.

Best answers
Oh right, why don't you disable the Beam system right away? Avoiding beams by just looking at it and block, that sounds utterly crap. It's fine the way it is now, and if someone's Kame'ing the map, just spawn+melee him to death.

Best answers
it wont totally protect you from a blast....but it does reduce damage,

I was once lucky enough to survive a BS with an FF once,but then the guy meleed me:(....

Best answers
lynxy. how would doing that disable the beam system in any way? i think its a good idea imo. in current beam system. u face a beam thats coming at u and block for a bs, or tele away. in this, u face a beam thats coming at u and block for a bs, tele away, or face the beam and block and if the person decides to be an ass and detonate it so that theres no struggle, it wouldnt hurt AS MUCH as if it would hit u directly. when was the last time that u saw someone (in the show) fire a kamehameha at an enemy then blow it up right b4 it was to hit them? its just comon curtosy to not do that to someone, just like it is to not attack someone whos in a ps, bs, or transforming. this would just cut down a lil on the ppl who abuse to right to detonate beams.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Heh, i beleive block does reduce the damage.. hence the name block.

Best answers
@Phatslugga: It does reduce the dammage in melee and it helps you deflect energy attacks. But I don't think it protects you from explosions currently...

Best answers
If you're BSing the beam REDUCES health loss, I've seen it many times just losing 40 health off of a Final Flash that exploded after I blocked it, because it was a bit too strong. It won't be that fun just to hold block for a sec that saves you 20 health or more (Can't be accurate by the information you've given).

Anyway I don't like the suggestion but that's just me, and I've already told you why.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Originally posted by [SSj]~Piccolo
@Phatslugga: It does reduce the dammage in melee and it helps you deflect energy attacks. But I don't think it protects you from explosions currently...
Well, i can't say that i know for sure. But i always thought that blocking reduced explosion damage. I may be wrong though. I might test it next time i play.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Originally posted by [SSj]~Piccolo
Yes it does... only if you're facing the explosion, though... of course :)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
with a nice big closed sign on it too

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom