block struggle

Best answers
sorry if this has been asked before but how do you actually become engaged in a block struggle ? is it random? and what do i do to win it ? thanks in advance

The Duke of Juke
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
push and hold block(q by default) when you see a beam headed towards you. remember to keep holding down block because if you let go you will stop blocking and the beam will explode on you

**edit**
oops forgot to say how to win. hold down the left mouse button and going "turbo" helps quite a bit too

Best answers
You know, i've gotten into plenty of block struggles, but i've never once won a block struggle.

So, as ChannelForThePain said, all you do is hold the block key when a beam comes towards you, i think it has to be strong enough to engage a block struggle or you'll just swat it away, im not sure.

As for how to win a block struggle....i have no idea. Whenever i get engaged in one, i only get pushed back until the beam explodes and i get hurt.

Does anybody know how to/ have any advice on how to win a block struggle?

Best answers
try clicking you left mouse button while blocking:)

Best answers
Thank you very much, i actually won a block struggle for once! ^__^

I think i now have the hang of everything in the game. Yay.

Best answers
So even when your blocking you can hold mouse 1 and it`ll help it?..i never knew that (tell me if i`m wrong -.- lol)

Best answers
thanks alot for the help guys, ill go give it a try, oh and do i hold left mouse button or keep clicking it ?

Best answers
I kept clicking the left mouse button and, eventually, my character just swatted the beam away.

Best answers
my tactic is to engage in a block struggle then when i look like im loosing i press the turbo button, and watch as the beam flys back to them. nothing more satisfying than watching them teleport away.:D

Best answers
I have beaten someones spirit bomb at full force, its not hard you just need plenty of room, also if you people have good connections you should host your own server, i do and many people join its usually known as )v(ajin Vegetas Love Shack!! but i'm been playing counter strike, esf needs a fix, i hate when it crashes..... :*( but i'm sure the update will fix it:talk:

Best answers
when is CS 1.6 out?....well anywho you don`t need that much room if you like ssj with 5mill and there a pussy with 1 mill and they give you a fat sb to you..you`ll knock that thing away in a bit man they`ll be like...YOU CHEATER and its so funny.

Best answers
Yeah, seriously. I use block as much as i can (ie. when i remember to use it) and it usually helps, except for when i get engaged in a block struggle, get hit by numerous other beams from other people and then hit a wall and have the beam that i was blocking blow up in my face......other than that, it helps quite a lot.

Best answers
yeah block rules exept for that when you hit a wall in a block struggle they should change it so the wall helps you in getting the blast back but when you slid across the wall and it blows up next to you then you die....:)

Best answers
Block struggling is fun, nothing is more satisfying then to block someone's beam across the map then slowly stop it and bounce it back to them.

Wouldn't it be nice if we could beam grab eventually?

Best answers
I always seem to have really crappy luck with block struggles, cause it always seems to happen near a wall, so when it engages, i can only hold out for a little bit before hitting the wall and have it blow up.

And i would love to be able to beam grab, but right now, little tweaks to the current block struggle system and i'll be a very happy bunny.

Best answers
it would be cool if the wall you're getting pushed into caved in around you :)

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Crushing damage will be added into future releases, most likely after Beta 1.1, at which point backing into a wall should no longer detonate the beam you are struggling. I am not 100% positive of this, that's just the way it sounds.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Originally posted by Sonic Boyster
Crushing damage will be added into future releases, most likely after Beta 1.1, at which point backing into a wall should no longer detonate the beam you are struggling. I am not 100% positive of this, that's just the way it sounds.
if crushing damage was not included, then if you blocked an attack, you'd always beat it...;/

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom