Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Pretty good...kinda...

• S-s-s-sssuuuuuuuuuck!

• Total voters
Best answers
Here's an idea I just had...

This is for block struggling, and is purely for show, but I think it is a cool idea. Say two guys are BSing. The beamer wins. Currently, all that happens is the beam explodes and that is that. I think it would be cool if someone wins a BS as the beamer, and the beam is strong enough to kill the blocker, that the beam would grow in diameter(get fatter) and blow right through the blocker. Then you could throw in some kind of disintegrating animation. This if you watch the episode where Goku kills Frieza, or Gohan kills Cell, you will see examples of this. This probably wouldn't happen very often, but would be pretty cool when it does....thoughts?

Best answers
Sounds neat but i think it would be better if they used a fading animation for the disintegrating part it probably would be easier.

Best answers
I absoultly agree. I'm all for flashy though worthless things in any game.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It would take a lot of extra work, and I can't imagine how you could make a model disintrigrate, but you can't argue it wouldn't like nice.

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I don't think it's possibly in half life. I'm pretty sure the only way to do that would be to change models every time a piece comes off of you, and that would be an impossible amount of work. If it was possible, sure, but I don't think it is.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
So the idea, basically, is just desintegrating :D
Already been suggested, mate. Loads of times, I think, even...

Best answers
i think that if there was a 1 on 1 versus (tournament) mode ever implemented, with spectators and such, THEN adding stuff like that would be kinda cool, cause then it wont overload one server cause its just 1 vs 1, but thats just my 2 cents..

Best answers
Couldnt they use the same animation as teleport except just slow it down a little? Sort of looks like what youre suggesting.

Best answers
Yeah, about the same anim but have the little "fuzzies" moving away form the dead guy.

This could be done easily with sprites, but maybe fading would be better.

Best answers
I dont see why the texture gets 'stripped' off the character during this sequence, making him look disitigrated, when it's really just transparent. If you could somehow do a simple 'erase animation'(Lines slowly erasing the texture away) then I say this is entirely possible.

Best answers
the idea is good but probably impossible for the half life engine. what i propose is that ppl brainstorm what could be done with it and if the esf team approves they can move it up further.

Best answers
sprite time ppl, you can be amazed how good sprites can look if the maker takes their time and thinks it through. But then again im no sprite maker so i cant talk.

Best answers
What game did i see good disentigration effects in........

Oh right, metroid prime, you shoot someone with the plazma gun and they sorta turn charred and disentigrate. if anyone has seen this, then the esf disentigration could be like that. Oh, and play metroid prime, its a good game.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom