Bionic eye gives sight to the blind.

Resting in H.E.L.L
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
They have the technology, and now scientists in the U.K. have given sight to the blind using bionic eyes. Electronic microchips implanted into the eyes of a group of British patients suffering from retinitis pigmentosa, an incurable genetic condition that causes blindness, have partially restored the vision of the formerly sightless so that they're able to view the world as a "grainy black-and-white image." The implant's first British recipient said the bionic eye gives him "some imagery rather than just a black world." Another patient reported suddenly dreaming in "very vivid color for the first time in 25 years" because a part of his brain had been reactivated. Wow, Toto. I don't think we're in Kansas anymore.
http://now.msn.com/living/0503-bionic-eye-blind.aspx

Finally.

This is amazing...I always thought that if I went blind, I'd find some way to die. I'm weak like that and wouldn't want to live blind. But this gives me a chance if that horrible thing happens.

Swag
🌈 Beta Tester
👮 Moderator
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🌟 Senior Member
Best answers
That is truly amazing, and I'm 99% sure they'll turn the technology far far better.

Super Saiyan Dabura
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Maybe some day we can all see in slow motion and through walls, this is also pretty awesome if its true, wonder how much it costs and will "they" let you have it :OOOOO

Only go forward sideways
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🎈 Advanced
Best answers
This is incredible news! It brings me tears of joy just thinking about the good this brings to the world :cry:. I find that story of the guy having his first full colored dream in 25 years because of that part of the brain being reactivated very touching.

Also, sympathizing with what @Mkilbride said, there is now still hope if I ever lose my eyesight and I wouldn't have to kill myself if such a case would occur...

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom