Big beam suggestion

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
would be nice if this would be in..
and it would really pwn if in the blast radius (those places where it doesnt give damage) would be a strong wind and blow everyone back.. if u hold block u stay in your position.. if u have enough PL u dont move at all :)

Beta Tester Squad
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
you Beam dmg graph it's worng the stromga dmg it to big and medium dmg it to big to in esf it's like this at a scale from 1 to 100% Strong Beam is only at 50% medium beam it's only at 75% and weak from 76% up

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
john_volkov said:
you Beam dmg graph it's worng the stromga dmg it to big and medium dmg it to big to in esf it's like this at a scale from 1 to 100% Strong Beam is only at 50% medium beam it's only at 75% and weak from 76% up
I dont know the actual ratios and percentages that are in the game now, but thats not what the graph is showing. Strong isnt a percentage, it is simply damage that will probably kill you instantly from that distance, from my own experience and perception of what the damages and distances are in the game now. Medium is about the area where you will probably survive, with very low health usually. Weak is where you will survive (unless you had about 13 health).

In my suggested graph, all of the main damage is spiked at the center and steeply meets a gradual damage that is about the same as 2 kiblasts and stays almost constant through the rest of the splash damage. At the edge of the splash damage it can start to gradually reduce to nothing.

Ill upload another graph if its still hard to understand but at the moment im limited to microsoft paint and you shouldnt expect any of my graphs to be perfectly accurate. The one above was something I made in paint off of the top of my head, just to get my idea across better.

*edit*
Drmt` said:
would be nice if this would be in..
and it would really pwn if in the blast radius (those places where it doesnt give damage) would be a strong wind and blow everyone back.. if u hold block u stay in your position.. if u have enough PL u dont move at all :)
Sounds like an ok idea. But it isnt really that important to gameplay and it could also become annoying. To have a KHH explode, do little damage to you and the people you were fighting, but still blow all of you away from each other would be just another extension of spam I think. It could probably be balance though.

Beta Tester Squad
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Nop it will be a big LAG for theath it culd no be balance, and BEAM's R STRONG , tell me how can you kill 2 melee fighers whith melee this is why i usee beam i need to kill them bouth if i don't kill them all i do a lot of dmg this is way beam's suld be strong as they r in ESF right now NOT WEAk , if the splash dmg is smallr i don't really care if from a direct hit whith the beam i kill it's fine by me

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
I dont think it will cause lag...... And im not saying that beams arnt strong. If you dont think its balanced then thats your opinion. Imo beams are to easy to kill with. You dont have to aim and you will kill anyone instantly, thats not skill. This way your not guaranted an instant 4 frags off of people trying to play the game with some skill, but there will still be advantages. If your aim is good you will do the full damage and get a kill, otherwise you will probably do some fair damage at least. But this way you have to think about the ki you lost using a special attack because the other person may live and attack back. This is more balanced.

Beta Tester Squad
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Rayne said:
I dont think it will cause lag...... And im not saying that beams arnt strong. If you dont think its balanced then thats your opinion. Imo beams are to easy to kill with. You dont have to aim and you will kill anyone instantly, thats not skill. This way your not guaranted an instant 4 frags off of people trying to play the game with some skill, but there will still be advantages. If your aim is good you will do the full damage and get a kill, otherwise you will probably do some fair damage at least. But this way you have to think about the ki you lost using a special attack because the other person may live and attack back. This is more balanced.
Serious the this cause LAG big LAG the wind cause LAG , And My AIM it's Perfect and to be a Pro you don't shot Beam like a Lamer ramdomly spaming you shot it At the Right Time Perfect for Perfect Hit, and i will get dmg to but if the blast radius is as small as your it will be cool , and i'v sayid 50% because i don't knwo eithere but it fell's like 50% it's strong , and to make it mor for you in your pic it's like 10% Strong , 25% Medium and 75% LOW

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
john_volkov said:
Serious the this cause LAG big LAG the wind cause LAG , And My AIM it's Perfect and to be a Pro you don't shot Beam like a Lamer ramdomly spaming you shot it At the Right Time Perfect for Perfect Hit, and i will get dmg to but if the blast radius is as small as your it will be cool , and i'v sayid 50% because i don't knwo eithere but it fell's like 50% it's strong , and to make it mor for you in your pic it's like 10% Strong , 25% Medium and 75% LOW
I don't see how this would actually cause lag John. If you are making reference towards gfx for this idea, they could almost do it with the way it's setup currently and just set the damage through code for different areas of effect with out the need for new gfx to accomidate for this idea. You also should remember the FX system that is going to be in 1.3.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom