bid for power???

Best answers
has anybody played it? Is it worth buying quake so i can download it? What is ur opinion about it?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Heh, graphically, it's ok. But i don't like it myself, the melee system sucks, the transformations suck, the powerstruggling sucks. I also dont like that you start off with one attack and gradually get more attacks as you get higher in power, just not the way it was in dbz. It's an ok game, but i wouldnt buy quake just for it, no way.

🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The new releases blow. The RC3 release which is still around on kazaa was graphically stunning and all models done greatly to detail. The melee is nothing compared to esf and there is no such thing as a power struggle in bfp

Best answers
I enjoyed playing it a lot. I waited 2 years for it to come out as well, so the anticipation was high. Although I wish funimation hadn't cracked down on them - it would have been very kick ass. but thats just my 2 cents

-DS

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
This should go in off-topic...

Compared to ESF, it sucks. It's basically who can stun first. You get hit once, you might aswell type /kill in the console. Gameplay wise, it's rather cheap. I expected it to be sooo badass from the power struggling screenshot. The ki attacks themselves were terrible, and rather useless. Like I said: You get hit once, you're gonna get hit the rest of your life. Thus you have little chance of retaliating. The whole thing was just terrible, and had little to offer in the way of graphics. ESF is better in pretty much every way.

The models can't be very high-poly, granted. But still, I'd rather be default goku than that indian boy in BFP.

Best answers
How about you post on the bid for power forum instead of the ESF forum, since that would be the logical thing to do as thisi s ESF and not BFP, and it is for Half Life, not quake?

I can think of one word - "Du'h!"

Best answers
yes i agree also it is dead...it has been dead for like a year...i was there in the beggining when it was a livley young mod...now it is old as dirt....

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
Originally posted by Cookster
How about you post on the bid for power forum instead of the ESF forum, since that would be the logical thing to do as thisi s ESF and not BFP, and it is for Half Life, not quake?

I can think of one word - "Du'h!"
Yeah, why not go to Israel to talk to Jesus?

Your point is invalid. He's curious as to what people think between them. So by your logic, if he goes to post there and says "What do you people think of ESF?", he should come here... And vice versa. He's asking people to make comparison.

Best answers
thanks that helps. Now i know not to buy quake. I still might though since ther is anew mod coming out calles sos.

Best answers
BFP was alright... there was power struggling, it was just impossible to get into one, because everything moved so fast. By the time u get ur beam charged to engage in a PS your opponents beam is already in your face. The melee was pretty bad, but it was fun to just mess around with

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
Originally posted by ahmed61086
thanks that helps. Now i know not to buy quake. I still might though since ther is anew mod coming out calles sos.
Oh you sure as hell picked a fine time with Half-Life 2 comin out. Save your money. Besides, SOS wouldn't be much to get Q3A for.

Best answers
Although it is a bad mod, I do like the development of the PL system.

The more PL you get, the faster and stronger you get.
More PL = No Ki reduce when you're flying.

They should do it in ESF, a somekind of max speed meter when you reach a certain PL.

Live free or die by the sword
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Originally posted by Sinkaro
Yeah, why not go to Israel to talk to Jesus?

Your point is invalid. He's curious as to what people think between them. So by your logic, if he goes to post there and says "What do you people think of ESF?", he should come here... And vice versa. He's asking people to make comparison.
Sinkaro . . . I beleive I asked you to be nicer . . . that's a team member your roasting here. We do not allow mod comparisons on this forum, it only invites flaming of others work.

And yes, this belonged in off topic.

Closed.

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
Who's roasting? I'm just pointing out the error in his thinking.

Besides, that WAS nicer. That was a totally neutral post.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
dont agrue with the admins

because i do beleave he knows the rules more than u do

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom