Beta 1.1 Lag/Fps Tweaks

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
at satans ilst, which folder file does that go to and do i just add it or overwrite everything sorry for my unending stupidity lol

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Wow Mr.Satan!! Those helped alot!!! 20-30% more fps!!! OMG. But.. one problem... green text >_<

Best answers
umm, I have a question, I have been trying to get the half-life fps to show using the console but I reckon I have been using the wrong commands... stupid commands grrrr! it runs perfectly on my 1.4ghz Amd Athlon Thunderbird, 512mb of DDR 300mhz, Geforce 4 MX440, btu when it comes to my poor little celery 300A with 64mb of pc 133mhz ram, and 3dfx Voodoo Banshe... its just ugh! (on anetwork) I just wish it would run flawlessly on bothe machines... anyways help would be appreaciated! :)

Best answers
Originally posted by Pemalite
umm, I have a question, I have been trying to get the half-life fps to show using the console but I reckon I have been using the wrong commands... stupid commands grrrr! it runs perfectly on my 1.4ghz Amd Athlon Thunderbird, 512mb of DDR 300mhz, Geforce 4 MX440, btu when it comes to my poor little celery 300A with 64mb of pc 133mhz ram, and 3dfx Voodoo Banshe... its just ugh! (on anetwork) I just wish it would run flawlessly on bothe machines... anyways help would be appreaciated! :)
Either one of the following commands

cl_showfps
net_graph 1 2 or 3 (3 has no graphs just text)

you can also relocate the net_graph by using the following
net_graphpos 1 2 or 3 (default 1)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Originally posted by UltraPerfectCel
Wow Mr.Satan!! Those helped alot!!! 20-30% more fps!!! OMG. But.. one problem... green text >_<
\

find con_color "0 255 0" and replace it with con_color 255+155+50

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I see all these people with high end vid cards having trouble, and my geforce 2 is holding up just fine, strange.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Originally posted by GhostfaceKillah
I see all these people with high end vid cards having trouble, and my geforce 2 is holding up just fine, strange.
Yeah, same with me, I use a GeForce2 as well (MX tho).

By the way, new vid drivers came out recently, I just got 'em t'day --> http://www.NVidia.com

[J]

Best answers
ahh thx new drivers :p

also, how do i fix it so windows xp doesnt limit my fps to 60? i thought there was a way.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i just updated the drivers and now it says it dont support open gl, anyone know why?

Best answers
If someone could be kind enough to put the optimal cfg-file online pleas, so we can just replace it ...

I ****ed up mine, that's why ... :fight:

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I will be releasing my script pack this weekend, so just sit tight.

AGH! CRAP! I forgot, I wanted to make an installer for this version, so now I gotta try to hunt someone down who could make one for me :cry:

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
oh well maybe i've got some spare time for you're installer :yes:

Best answers
Thisis all odd i am uneffected by all these problems but i probably have a weaker system then most of you that have these problems. im still in the megahertz i havent gone to the gigas yet

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Hey, me too. I have 350MHz P2 ~ 250 MB RAM ~ [40GB & 6GB] HD ~ GeForce 2 MX [64MB]

Best answers
Originally posted by uslessresponse
i just updated the drivers and now it says it dont support open gl, anyone know why?
When installing drivers for your ideo card with windows (dont know much about *nix other then it has a built in compiler)

1) Read the Instructions included with those drivers
2) Uninstall your current driver BEFORE installing the new one. Reason being some files need to be overwritten and cannot because they are in use. Rebooting at or after each step.
3) Make sure they are for your specific video card Chipset. Info on how to find out exactly what you have, should be posted on the manufactures site.
4) Make sure you have the latest version of Direct X, for Your Windows OS, currently 9.0a found at http://www.microsoft.com/windows/directx/default.aspx, This applies to all but windows 95 Ver - x or prior. To find out what version of directX you have click Start, click Run, Type dxdiag, press OK, then look for DirectX Version: ---- on the window that comes up
5) After installing your video card drivers reinstall Direct X
6) If you still have problems after following these steps and the steps provided by the video card manufacturer, you may opt to take your computer to a professional to upgrade your video card/video card drivers.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ooh, forgot to tell you guys, my script pack is out, the link is in my sig.

Best answers
Originally posted by GhostfaceKillah
Read my note above.
Alot, and a mean alot, of people buy hi end video cards with PC's that do not fully support the card.
If you buy the very best fastest video card and have a low end PC your wasting your money. The video card will only run as well as your comp will alow it to.

Best answers
Originally posted by Mr. Satan
Hey, me too. I have 350MHz P2 ~ 250 MB RAM ~ [40GB & 6GB] HD ~ GeForce 2 MX [64MB]
Slot1 or socket 370?
And what mbaord do you have ? (Brand Name: Model, plz)

My game PC;
ASUS p3bf 2x AGP Chipset (Optimized for 100mhz FSB)
Slot1 750mhz PIII (Overclocked runs at 900mhz at 120mhz FSB)
320mb pc133 SDRAM
7200rpm 40gig Seagate IDE HDD
ATI Radeon 9000 pro
Sound Blaster LIVE!
USB 2.0/FireWire Adeptec Card (No Beeping when pressing 3+ Keys)

Developer PC;
ASUS P4G8X Deluxe
PIV 2.4ghz 533mhz FSB
1gig PC2100 DDR
ATI All-in-wonder Radeon 9700 128mb
SoundBlaster Audigy2
Seagate 80gb 7200rpm Serial ATA HDD

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom