Beta 1.1 Graphics & Lag SOLVED

Best answers
Originally posted by [SSJ]MyStIc
yea i put that ati thingy to 0 and my esf doesn't crash anymore... i use 9700 pro on 1600x1400 res in open gl on all my games and games that need high end graphics cards i do awesome on, but in ESF my FPS is always hanging around in the 30's and occasioanlly there will be a server where i get 90. I got the same problem that u got pride wit the crashing when u push escape, but i fixed that by installing windows 2000 drivers, I think it's just windows XP period, cuz when i used to use 2000 my performance and graphics were much better then in XP
Catalyst 3.4 drivers fix that issue
"The system failing to respond after pressing the ESC key when playing Half-life / Counter Strike is now resolved "

Fumoffu!
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Originally posted by fyrye
Catalyst 3.4 drivers fix that issue
"The system failing to respond after pressing the ESC key when playing Half-life / Counter Strike is now resolved "
What happens with me is, whenever I press escape and then click on RESUME, my system crashes.

Same with joining a game a second time. I have to quit ESF, start again and then join. Will Catalyst 3.4 drivers fix that as well?

Best answers
whats with these catalyst drivers? are they better then the drivers that nvidia gives us?

Best answers
there must be one of the commands that have disabelt the transformatíons effects cause i have the settings on high....

Best answers
These fixes didn't help me much but the thing is i have 72 fps and 40 ping on almost every server and i get serious slowdown every now and then but my fps stays around 72 or maybe i just can't read it that good i dunno lol but anyway the reason esf 1.1 and dod 1.0 slowdown so much is because the dev team overloaded the hl engine which is very old and made to work with computers of that time.

Best answers
Originally posted by grOOvy
What happens with me is, whenever I press escape and then click on RESUME, my system crashes.

Same with joining a game a second time. I have to quit ESF, start again and then join. Will Catalyst 3.4 drivers fix that as well?
Cant say for certain for I never had the problem of crashing on pressing ESC, give it a shot and see if it works and where your FPS stands. If not revert to your prevous settings/drivers

I had severe FPS problems with my ATI card and XP when XP first came out so I tested several different 2000 drivers vs XP drivers. The 2000 drivers worked the best, until DX9.0 came out then all was fine with the XP drivers.

Also take note to Reinstall Direct X everytime you install drivers in some few cases I've seen DX reinstallation improved performance.

whats with these catalyst drivers? are they better then the drivers that nvidia gives us?
Catalyst drivers are only for the Radeon series ATI video cards.

there must be one of the commands that have disabelt the transformatíons effects cause i have the settings on high....
change cl_fxquality to 3 "IN GAME" Mine is set to 2 in my config.cfg but when i exit ESF the cvar is erased along with others. My workaround for that is making a valve.rc file and placing my custom configs there. as well with
echo "Loading Custom Cvars..."
...cvars here...
stuffcmds
echo "Custom Cvars Loaded"
The differences from 1-3, to me, is the number of sprits used when transforming. 1 being 1 and 3 being 3 etc

Best answers
Originally posted by Christian
These fixes didn't help me much but the thing is i have 72 fps and 40 ping on almost every server and i get serious slowdown every now and then but my fps stays around 72 or maybe i just can't read it that good i dunno lol but anyway the reason esf 1.1 and dod 1.0 slowdown so much is because the dev team overloaded the hl engine which is very old and made to work with computers of that time.
best way to view your ping/FPS type these cvars in game

scr_conspeed 9999 (speeds up console scroll speed default 30)
net_graph 3
net_graphpos 2
cl_updaterate 101 (default 20-30)
rate 9999
fps_max 100
fps_modem 0
cl_rate 9999

Im generally at about 15-90ms ping depending on location of server and time of day ,gotta love cables bottlenecks. my FPS sucks because I'm using an outdated Motherboard with a 2x Agp chpset and a 100mhz FSB (I can overclock to 150+) for running games.
Dont want to use my ASUS BP motherboard for online gaming yet.

Best answers
my preformance seemed to actually drop when i used these tweaks... i dunno why :/ my framerate started deteriorating once i installed my new ram.. before i used to get around 50 average fps, now i get like 30... but my ping has gotten better

Best answers
.. FORMAT!! That should fix it :). Always does for me..
net_graphPOS 2 HAH....

Anyway, is it true if you have win XP, HL has a default max fps set no matter what? around 60ish.

Best answers
Just another reason why Nvidia rules over ATI =D i get a constant 70 fps at 1024x748 on the highest quality etc etc when final flash is fire then it zooms to 30 momentarily then back to 70!
Well I get a constant 100 fps and when I fire a final flash it goes down to 70. :smile:

Best answers
This is way off topic but do any of you guys know where Outlook Express is installed to? And to stay on topic, no windows xp doesn't make your fps go up, it makes you curse the day you installed it and makes spend ours with your finger hovering over "the button" (enter) with the format hard drive screen in front of you trying to decide to push it and install windows 98........

edit: well not curse but anyway it should be "make you sped hours" and someone get back to me on the Outlook Express thing my mom is gonna kill me if I don't get that email back 8'(

Best answers
98 sux. Crashes even while idling. It runs PERFECT for me except for the default FPS problem.
And... If you really know that much about OS, you should know where it's installed ;)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Morphorex--WinXP forces a refresh rate of 60 hertz for all 3d apps, which is including all 3d games. If ESF or another game has Vsync enabled, you can't get higher FPS than what your refresh rate is...so you could have 60fps max in ESF by default and not ever get any higher.

Quick side note: WIndows XP rules. Try BUYING it, instead of downloading it off of Kazaa, and getting the updates, and you'll see a notable difference. Also, don't even bother using it on low-ram or a weaker machine; it'll run like **** because it works best with RD RAM and other newer types....

(I hate people who hate XP cause it won't run good on the wrong kind of machines)

Best answers
Most of my games ran perfectly under windows 98 but under xp I get tons of errors in games especially battlfield 1942

specs
Atholon xp 2100
1gb 2700 ddram
geforce3
nforce2
audigy
windows xp *shudders*

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You switched OS's? Then it's a driver conflict. Most people don't realize not updating your IDE controller's drivers after a format is a BIG DEAL.

Best answers
whenever I enter the commands into my config/autoexec and join a game they dont work.. theyre deleted out of my config and for some reason the autoexec doesnt work. Worked before in beta 1.0 for some reason though.. any help?

Best answers
I formatted like 20 times already under windows xp and did a full install of it and also ive been through 3 driver sets for my nfoce2 mobo

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah...still doesn't matter. If the XP copy is lame (hacked or DL'ed) it's going to suck.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom