Best Video Game Music

The Sinister Minister
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The Final Fantasy series, by and large, shows a rich array of music (I'm not a huge fan of every game's soundtrack in this series, but there are so many individual songs from some of the later FF titles that I find it easier just to mention the series). Also, by and large, the Castlevania series has some really good stuff.

...and I can't argue with the soundtrack from a few of the Legend of Zelda games ^_^

whereswarren (King_Vegeta)
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah legend of zelda, I have to say FF:CC to and resident evil 4, (That stuff in merchanaries is brilliant)

Best answers
I still think the best video game song iv heard was the opening song of tenchu wrath of heaven, i love that song.

Best answers
1.Mario/D.R. Mario
2.Zelda
3.FF series

Fever song FTW!

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Symphony of the Night, no questions asked. Without the music the game would have not been as good as it was. The music in that game made it NOT suck to be in the same area for hours on end.

Also it's production value is amazing.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well first thing that comes to mind is Guilty Gear. I don'y listen to a lot of rock, but the soundtrack to those games are not only good to listen to, but make great background music for my movies.

Next is Sonic the Hedgehog, straight up, from old school to the ones today. Then Mario,and the miscellaneous such as FF X-2, Zone of the Enders 2, Kingdom Hearts,....

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Star Ocean: The Second Story
Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars
Shadow of the Colossus
Final Fantasy VI/VII/Tactics
The Embodiment of Scarlet Devil
Street Fighter II

whereswarren (King_Vegeta)
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Oh how could I forget Super Smash Bros Melee!!!

Best answers
I forgot the music to Heroes of might and magic 5, esp the main menu music+the town music, truly a great thing to hear.

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
Uh... Vice City? Hello?

There's nothing like cruising down the strip on a motorcycle shooting minorities while listening to Raining Blood or You've Got Another Thing Comin' :D

San Andreas gets an honorable mention, because it has Alice in Chains (who are ftw).

Best answers
Lol that sig is just wrong kurt lol.

The music in dawn of war isn't half bad, i really can't decide on the best music, the start of battlefield 2 music was nice, fit the mood perfectly.

Best answers
crono trigger gets my vote, i also second the guilty gear mention.

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
Prince Of Persia: Warrior Within- i just love rock

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
2nd fav soundtrack ever = Jet Set Radio - Probably the catchiest songs ever in a video game.

#1 greatest soundtrack ever = Guilty Gear Series - A soundtrack thats totally 100% metal with non stop wailing guitar solos? You better ****ing believe it!

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
No one mentioned Hell March?

L

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The Warcraft series has some of the best game music, it can be loopable without going insane (Excluding perhaps a few songs in WoW.)
Ditto for the Half-life series.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom