Best Tony Hawk game on PS2

Best answers
Back in the days I was in love with Tony Hawk games on the PSX, recently I've been playing THPS3 again and would like to play a more recent version of the game, so I checked da webz and found there's been like 6 different games since THPS3. So now I'm turning to you people to tell me what the best THPS is for the PS2. I'd prefer a game in +- the same style as THPS2-3 where you have a career mode with unlockables and some tournaments, a create-a-skater mode, etcetc.

(I'm doing this because the local videostore is selling their old games that were up for rental once, for €2.5.. I'm planning to stash up)

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
whichever one it was that originally had the airport level in it, that one owns all.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Underground 2 kind of sucked, along with the graphics and the chibi characters.

I would go for American Wasteland, Proving Ground, Underground, or THPS4.

Dudemeister
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
American Wasteland is a waste of money. It's just Underground 2 with a buggy free roam system. And THUG2 has the Airport lvl in it too.

Best answers
So far that Underground 2 thingy seems the best choice. Thanks Vip3r. If anyone can agree or disagree, go ahead :) I can only go to the store this weekend, so plenty of time left.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I still don't recommend THUG2, it just didn't tickle my fancy, you can go for THUG1, AWL, P8, or Proving Ground

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Tony Hawk 1 all the way. If you ever get a 360 or PS3, try out skate

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Tried the skate demo, it was interesting. Different from Tony Hawk's games, that's for sure. Not in a bad way, though.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Tried the skate demo, it was interesting. Different from Tony Hawk's games, that's for sure. Not in a bad way, though.
I forgot all about this game, I've never played it but by the videos and the reviews, it looks a bit more than half-way decent, more like a breath of fresh air, something other than Tony Hawk more importantly.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Skate is pretty cool, the controls are really different and difficult but once you get used to it you can pull some sick ****.

In my personal preference, Tony Hawk 1 was the best tony hawk ever. Tony hawk Underground 1 is second best (I never played THUG2), I ****ing loved online on THUG.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I enjoyed THPS 1-3. 4 was nice too. The 2nd one was my favorite and I loved the soundtrack.

Back in the day =(

Live free or die by the sword
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Viper, what was the point of comparing game scenes from one to cutscenes in the other?

Dudemeister
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
:p
Was trying to make a booring vs !boring comparison.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
:p
Was trying to make a booring vs !boring comparison.
I don't really get the point, is this giving some type of implication that the games suck?

Best answers
I'm just looking for the best TH on PS2 :( No ned to give me the whole nostalgic route and go for THPS1-3 or so.. Thusfar I'm in doubt between THUG and THUG2. I'd pick one of these because I don't give a damn about online play (I have a computer for that), I just want some flipping singleplayer fun.

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Tony Hawk Pro Skater 1 & 2

But that's not on the PS2 :(

Try to get Tony Hawk Project 8 if it's on the PS2.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom