Best Sword Movie?

Best answers
Ok so just got done watching Hero for the first time...and um...yeah..."72 hour Boner!" is all that I can think of to describe it. The question is...does it beat out Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon as the best Sword movie out there?

Post your Poison!

IMO while they are both terrific movies...Hero had much more color and feeling in it....it looked more artistic...almost to artistic, that and I think that Tarantino through his hand into the mix and f'ed it up :S

Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon had much more flow than Hero, as well as a better story and had better fight scenes...

Oh well this thread isnt about my opinion but rather all of ours...

Best answers
i agree...crouching tiger was more entertaining imo...not only were the fight scenes better...but when it came out the wire stunts were relatively new so it had more of an impact

Old School
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I liked the Kill Bill movies. I havent seen Hero yet, but I intend too.

But If I had to choose between the two Kill Bills, it would be volume one. (both were good though, I thought.)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
two words: light sabers

star wars (the old ones) > all

King of the Hello Kitty Fanclub
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I voted before thinking of Kill Bill and Star Wars :(

Well I voted Hero,

*Minor Spoilers*
Despite the ballet dance water fight thing and the leaf throwing fight between the two chicks Hero was more fun.
*/Minor Spoilers*

But thinking about it, Kill Bill vol. 1 was just terrific and original Star Wars saber fights are awesome too.

Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You want some awesome sword films, you should see a lot of the old samurai films from Japan, and I'm talking more than just Kurosawa. Movies like Hara Kiri (Seppkukou), Chushingura, the original Zatoichi movies, etc. IMHO though, I liked Hero better.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i recently watched the lone wolf and cub series (babycart killer????) that was awsome :)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Kill Bill, man. I seen the other ones listed, and weren't that great.
Hero was ok, but too much talking. And CTHD was pretty wierd
and confusing, but the sword action was ok. I still say Kill Bill owns..

Eon

TeeHee
Banned
Best answers
Old Star wars pwns.

Crouching tiger was a joke, I hated that movie >_<

The Duke of Juke
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Taurus 2112 said:
IMO while they are both terrific movies...Hero had much more color and feeling in it....it looked more artistic...almost to artistic, that and I think that Tarantino through his hand into the mix and f'ed it up :S
Tarantino had nothing to do with this movie other than funding it's theatrical release in the US of A. >_>

I never saw Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon, shame on me, but I will say that I did like how it's artsiness was almost too much at times(The characters clothes changing colors every so often >_>)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
only the first movie was pwnage. the series roxored too...

Best answers
Hitokiri... you've always scared me...

But Gir, yeah, the series was awesome... aint it nice to have a sword fight every day of the week, involving atleast one opponent with samurai-style fighting? What a wonderous age we live in...

Best answers
Hero had a better moral and story, and the fights were more meaningful, instead of just kicking ass.

but the best sword movie hmm . . .crap hib said it, any zatoitchi (blind swordsman) movie, especailly zatoitchi Vs yojimbo.

kill bill sword fight scene was a little meh ~| i like my fightings to have meaning, and the only one was the final part with oren, that fight had alot of symbolism

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom