Best. Game. Ever.

Best. Game. Ever

• Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Super Smash Brothers Melee

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Best answers
Arrrg! This is an outrage! First Half Life loses (YES LOSES) to Metroid PRIME, now Metal Gear Solid 2 is about to lose to SUPER FREAKING SMASH BROTHERS. More like Sped Brothers, arrg, I'm rambling. Anyway, it kinda gets on my nerves, but yeah, go vote for MGS 2. Now.

This is at GameFaq's poll by the way.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I love Solid Snake. And MGS2 was like a theatrical masterpiece to me.

But that's the problem. It was theatre. The game itself, while it contained many tiny, amusing little secrets and quirks in the enemy AI and stuff... it was just too damn easy (in the normal modes, not the insane one.) It's hard to stumble on those fun little details and add-ins, because they aren't the games focus. You move around and choke people, then fight some easy patterned boss.

Don't get me wrong. MGS2 is one of my favorite games. But SSB:M was awesome. Forget that it was cartoony, forget that there were two attack buttons; it was addictive, the play was actually very skillfull, and it just had loads of variety, unlockables, and everything you could ask for. Normally I don't give a crap about Nintendo games but this one was a definite classic. If you have friends and you have this game, you will NOT get tired of it. Ever.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Hitokiri said:
If you have friends and you have this game, you will NOT get tired of it. Ever.
Amen to that. I can't *count* how many times I've played that game with some of my friends, expecting it to be old and boring, and having fun each and every time. There aren't many games that offer that.
Don't get me wrong, MSG2 was a good game, but having to make a choice between the two, I chose SSBM.

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
MGS2 was FUN, but.. the plot was crap. I'm sorry, but .. it just was.

Smash Melee is okay, but in my opinion the controls are more "sluggish" then the original on N64. Roy and Marth are cool, though.

I vote for MGS2.

Best answers
MGS 2 is ok but not my favorite my fav is Starcraft, ive been playing that game for almost 5 years now and still have fun with it, whether getting my ladder on or playing some UMS maps, single player was alright

Best answers
one thing i never get tired of in SSB:M is a scenario i made up. Be link and have a friend as young link, and then go into special and do stamina, and only use your bows, and the bots have to be lvl 9. its so great me and my friends do it all the time.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
ssbm > sol

just no comparision

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
SSBM is the best game EVER. i love that game. its just awsome. i played metroid prime i like that game too its just too easy :p i never played any of those other games. im not rich so i cant go and buy what ever i want i gotta save. but one day ill play them but before i go and buy them are they any good?

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The best game ever?

Neither....

...and if your wondering... it's KOTOR \o/

Best answers
i cant really think of a best game, but the best series has to be the legend of zelda! ZELDA OWNS ALL!!!

The Sinister Minister
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Out of those 2, I'd have to pick SSBM. MGS2 is good, I won't dispute that, but I find, lately, that I am liking the more "uplifting" titles, something fun and very amusing, such as SSBM. Besides, when you have 4 people duking it out in SSBM, it's so funny to try and keep track of where your character is in the maelstrom, an effect I have come to call the "SSBM Vertigo", for one reason or another :rolleyes:

Best answers
Bleh KOTOR, sold it. I'm an anti-kotor activist. Although i probably wouldn't dislike it so much if other people didn't worship it as much as they did....whats wrong with me :fight:

Anyway SSMB definatlely owns MGS because it's the only redeaming quality about the Gamecube, period, but there are better games.

ESPN Football, Halo, and im currently into Splinter Cell PT.

Ice Cream God
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
MGS2 < SSBM

MGS2 is easily my fave ps2 game, but its nothing to multiplayer SSBM.

Best answers
Well, SUPER SMASH BROTHERS... MELEE!!! rules! no contest. :laff:

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
Both games have pros and cons, so I couldn't really vote either way...

Best/most revolutionary game ever is Doom, hands down. :p

Best answers
SSBM has all the fun you could need, MGS2 would get boring after time (saying this ive never played it but am looking to buy it so I dont hate it)

Best answers
metal gear drastically outweighs smash bros in all statistical categories.
GET A PIECE!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom